One Player Can Make A Difference

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: One Player Can Make A Difference

i wouldn't trade a lot to get kaman, and i wouldn't commit to a long-term deal either. we will be rebuilding next year, not trying to get older.

as for gasol, if we just ADDED him, great. but people are talking about trading our best player for him. to me, that's a wash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

No player will make a difference for this Celtics team!!!!  The difference with the knicks is they are younger and more athletic than the Celtics.  With or without Lin they would probably be better than us. Lakers had a better core and gave up nothing to get Gasol.  Our core is old and broken down and no player can change that.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

The Lakers already had the best player in basketball at that time in Kobe, the Mavs had A super star in Dirk. We have 3 guys well on the down side of their careers, and there's not a player out there that can change that!!

You had the right idea when the season first started, blow it up and start over!!  Remember every lose brings us closer to Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers!!  I know you don't want the Celtics to be one of those teams, that every year they are fighting for the 7th or 8th seed. You know as well as i do you can stay in that mode for another 20 years!  Now is the time to start over, when we have money and picks, and expiring contracts!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference:
    In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : I would agree to start over if Rondo gets traded.  Building around Rondo is like building a house in a flood prone area. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I like Rondo a lot, but he does have his faults. If i could get a top 10 pick for him, i think i would let him go!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : Boom! Like saying Rondo for Jimmer Fredette, the 10th pick last June.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I think the 10th pick this year will be better than Jimmer!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : Boom! Like saying Rondo for Jimmer Fredette, the 10th pick last June.
    Posted by Fiercest34

he is just 3 yrs younger and not as good as RR...you must be impressed by his .375  fg% and his 2.1 assts...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : I would agree to start over if Rondo gets traded.  Building around Rondo is like building a house in a flood prone area. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

who ever said RR had to be the building block to form the team around...The celts would not be rebuilding around Gasol and they wouldnt win it all this year either

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : I would not trade Rondo for Jimmer or the 10th pick. However, if it's going to be the 5th pick of 2012 draft then I'd do it. I was not the one who said Rondo for the 10th pick.
    Posted by Fiercest34

oh...I thought you agreed with his idea...my bad

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : We don't rebuild around Pau Gasol. The rebuilding process officially starts once Pierce's contract is gone.  There are 3 ways we can build a championship team.  1. Draft 2. Trades 3. Free-agency The draft option only works if we're like the Bobcats. This year we're going to be in the playoffs so we don't go that route yet. Free-agency is not an option anymore because DH said he goes to Dallas or Jersey. The only option left is through trades. Our Celts is still very good this year. We just need a big man that can rebound and score in the low post. As long as we don't give away our 1st round picks we will not be sacrificing our future even if we get Pau Gasol.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I just want the trading deadline to get here so we can put all this talk to rest

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philselig33. Show Philselig33's posts

Does Ben Wallace have anything left in the tank? 
    What might it take to get him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Does Ben Wallace have anything left in the tank?  What might it take to get him?
    Posted by Philselig33

no.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to One Player Can Make A Difference:
    There are those who say no matter who we get it won't make a difference this year. Not true. Last year it was Tyson Chandler for the Mavs. This year it's Jeremy Lin for the Knicks. After we beat the Knicks last Feb. 3 they were just 8-15. Now, after the Knicks beat the Mavs, they're 16-16. They're 8-1 since Lin started playing well. In 2008 the Lakers were just a 4 or 5 seed. After they got Pau Gasol they become a #1 seed and eventually went on to win back to back titles.  Believe me, one player can make a difference. Even if we only get Chris Kaman he will still make a difference.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The difference between making the 6th seed instead of the 7th or 8th? One and done in the playoffs, they are not beating the Bulls or the Heat in the first round. Some of these guys still have value, Danny should trade away the big 3 for younger players and or draft picks. They had a nice run but it is over.. Do we want 20 years of rebuilding again? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : True.  Ainge should have done the trading away before this season started when Ray and Pierce's value were still high.
    Posted by Fiercest34

there was like this whole lockout thing...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : After the lockout ended.
    Posted by Fiercest34

C'mon Firece, cheer up!  This is an emotional roller-coaster.  Danny could't have been in championship and rebuild mode simultaneously.

The best thing for the Celts now is to drop into the lottery.  They will if they lose most of their games.  Also, they should dedicate this season to player develpment.  Lets find out exactly what we have in the bag instead of speculating about it.  Use the cap room next year and bring in some quality players (DH/DWill is probably not happening).  We go from there.

This was a good run while it lasted.  Time to acknowledge the end, make changes and move on.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts