One Player Can Make A Difference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: One Player Can Make A Difference

No one player is going to save this team.  Derrick Rose couldn't save this team!   We are not good rebounders.  If we trade our point guard and get a rebounder, we have no ball handlers and no speed.    Even Dwight Howard is not a good lost post scorer late in tight games, and he's as close as we come to the "one player" who makes this team a contender.  

This team has a nice set of "has been" players and a good set of reserves, but none of them can compete at the level of the Bulls, Thunder, Heat, etc.  We aren't even in the top 10 teams.   I'd like someone to name the one player who can get us the rebounds, score inside late in games, play great defense, and make us a contender.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference:
    In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : That's what I've saying all along, make changes. I also want the Celts to be in the lottery. But that won't happen this year because the east is so bad. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Why do you say that?  I am sure that there are teams hungry to get better.  Will Cleveland trade Jamison and Varejao for KG?  Will Portland trade Gerald Wallace, change and their first round pick for Paul Pierce?  Will Atlanta trade Hinrich and a first rounder for Ray Allen or, at-least agree to swap their 1st for the Celts second rounder? The Celts drop and these teams go up.  The Celts collect some pieces, develop some pieces and play again.  There are options.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : That's what I've saying all along, make changes. I also want the Celts to be in the lottery. But that won't happen this year because the east is so bad. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I don't want to believe it but we are going to lose a lot of games even in the east.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

The only player i can think of who may make this team contenders, is if Wilt came back as a 24 year old!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : Trade Rondo for Gasol then trade Ray for Mo Williams. F - KG F - Gasol SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams
    Posted by Fiercest34

The Clippers will want Ray we need to get more for him.  Mo and somebody else.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : Trade Rondo for Gasol then trade Ray for Mo Williams. F - KG F - Gasol SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams
    Posted by Fiercest34

Man, you can't lay off that pipe(dream) of Gasol coming here!!!  IT AINT HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!  Lakers & Celtics aren't going to help each other.  Now if your playing fantasy basketball, then by all means continue.  AB, Dooling, Moore...yuk!!! Paul ball and this so called system you claim.  Get it to Paul so he can ISO and fade for a jumper, clank, dish to KG at the rim, instead of slamming it home, big fella, he fades away for jumper, clank, Paul drives and dishes to Ray Allen in the corner for a three, clank, and eventually Paul runs out of gas in the fourth.  It will be time to put him under the fierce/dudder microspoe of analyzing his 4th quarter numbers.

On another note, why would Gasoft want to come here to be the 4th option?  Is KG going to deffer to Gasol?   Is Ray Allen going to deffer to Gasol?  Is Pierce going to deffer to Gasol?  Come on Firece, get some reality behind the fantasy!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Never trade with the lakers..........never never never!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: One Player Can Make A Difference : Since 2008 Rivers has been trying to make KG the low post threat we desperately need. But KG just can't do it. If Pau Gasol becomes a Celtic he will be the #1 option on offense. We will be playing inside-outside basketball. Give the ball first to the post then kick it out if double teamed. Ray, Pierce, and KG will get a lot of open shots from the outside if we have a low post threat that commands a double-team.
    Posted by Fiercest34

That still makes us a jump shooting team...worthless trade.  Fantasy and will never be reality!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I don't deal in fantasy sports!!!  Thats why I have never created a trade proposal.  If was to do so, it would be a player that is publicly on the block and not fan speculation from blogs. The Fakers have not put Gasol back out there and Phoenix has not given a clue to trading any player on their team!!!  

I guess it's fun to go to trade machine and play fantasy GM.  Find some players to replace the big3 and we will just overhaul the team just to finish 5th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't deal in fantasy sports!!!  Thats why I have never created a trade proposal.  If was to do so, it would be a player that is publicly on the block and not fan speculation from blogs. The Fakers have not put Gasol back out there and Phoenix has not given a clue to trading any player on their team!!!   I guess it's fun to go to trade machine and play fantasy GM.  Find some players to replace the big3 and we will just overhaul the team just to finish 5th.
    Posted by jdm894g

Well, this should quiet Fierce, at least on one front:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219093/Kupchak_Lakers_Probably_Done_Dealing

Of course, I don't trust Kupcake for a minute.........

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts