One to go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

One to go?

With the addition of Von Wafer, it seems we are out of the Rudy Fernandez hunt.  I think this is okay, because Portland doesn't have to trade him.  They can ask for the moon!!
    Now, let's see:
    Rondo/Nate
    Ray/ Wafer/ Bradley
    PP/ Daniels/Harangody
    KG/BBD/Erdan (?)
    JON/?/ Perk

Except for (?) are we done?  I say - YES...........now, the last piece:

Best big men left:
    Shaq
    Admunson
    Brown
    Mbenga

Do we need a Parker/Moon to go with Shaq, or should we just take the Big Lug by himself?

All opinions welcome - unless they are wrong......:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Re: One to go?

Shaq would be nice but I am also open to Kwame Brown although I do not know what going after Brown would do more than what we had with Shelden Williams...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

MAYBE Shaq, but I've got a lot of misgivings about him as I covered in the "BRING BACK TOINE" thread.  As for those other bigs, no thank you. 

I don't even think we necessarily need another center... Jermaine, Garnett and Erden could hold down the fort while Perk recuperates. 

I would pursue a player that can play the 3 and the 4 and has experience on the big stage, so Antoine Walker would top my list. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

Man rudy is all that and a bottle of don P.I would love to have rudy fernandez finaly a hispanic causing panic on the celtics this guy would contribute a whole lot to getting our 18th title please pick him up and shaq daddy coming off the bench would be deadly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i cannot believe you people are serioiusly discussing walker. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: One to go?:
    [QUOTE]MAYBE Shaq, but I've got a lot of misgivings about him as I covered in the "BRING BACK TOINE" thread.  As for those other bigs, no thank you.  I don't even think we necessarily need another center... Jermaine, Garnett and Erden could hold down the fort while Perk recuperates.  I would pursue a player that can play the 3 and the 4 and has experience on the big stage, so Antoine Walker would top my list. 
    Posted by toineson[/QUOTE]
        I wouldn't count on Erden to hold down any fort. I thought he played lousy during the summer league. I hope his contract is not guaranteed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to One to go?:
    [QUOTE]With the addition of Von Wafer, it seems we are out of the Rudy Fernandez hunt.  I think this is okay, because Portland doesn't have to trade him.  They can ask for the moon!! Now, let's see: Rondo/Nate Ray/ Wafer/ Bradley PP/ Daniels/Harangody KG/BBD/Erdan (?) JON/?/ Perk Except for (?) are we done?  I say - YES...........now, the last piece: Best big men left: Shaq Admunson Brown Mbenga Do we need a Parker/Moon to go with Shaq, or should we just take the Big Lug by himself? All opinions welcome - unless they are wrong......:)
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

With that "quality" of bigs left, could Nick Fazekas been any less worthy lol. Maybe Sheed should just unretire

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree that at this point that only a backup big man needed. It would be nice if Sheed came back. If you ask me, it would be real difficult to walk away from 12 million dollars and all you have to do to earn it is play basketball for 2 seasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

[QUOTE]i cannot believe you people are serioiusly discussing walker. lol
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

I mean, I suppose if the goal is to lose another NBA championship, I could see the argument for not bringing back Walker.  I think that point of view has plenty of merit given that context. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One to go? :     I wouldn't count on Erden to hold down any fort. I thought he played lousy during the summer league. I hope his contract is not guaranteed.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Let's forget these unproven second rounders then and sign both Shaq and Toine. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

[QUOTE]i cannot believe you people are serioiusly discussing walker. lol
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

I seriously can't believe that people think that Louis "bleepin" Amundson would have been ready for primetime on a game 7 NBA finals stage.  I can only assume you watched game 7 when our entire frontcourt was rendered a complete joke by the second half, but it sounds like no one has learned the lesson from that game.   And if Ainge doesn't wake up soon then we will deserve to lose another game 7 next year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

I think some of you are right, at this point Sheed might as well come back. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from balticprince. Show balticprince's posts

Sheed is not coming back. He CANT come back. A bad back has ended his career. Period.

[QUOTE]I think some of you are right, at this point Sheed might as well come back. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One to go? : Could be ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Nah!

Sections
Shortcuts