One Trick Pony

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

One Trick Pony

In Mickael Pietrus last 10 games, 44 of his 51 field goal attempts have been 3 pt attempts. He also has a grand total of 4 assists in those 10 games. He is nothing more then a 3 point shooter and if he is not shooting well, he is a huge liability on the court.

Boston's other back up guards (Bradley, Daniels and Dooling) have added very little value offensively to the team.

If Boston wants to upgrade their roster, they need to look to trade the following players: Bradley, Daniels, Dooling, JON, Pavlovic, Pietrus and Stiemsma.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: One Trick Pony

May be time for Meta/Peace to change his name again to fly under the RADAR for a while.

Can't hurt.

Could improve his game a tad... so sez Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony:
    In 28 games this season, Metta World Peace is averaging 4.9 points and 2.6 rebounds.  He is shooting a blazing 33.8% from the field, 51.4% from the FT line, and 20.6% from 3-point land.    At 6 million per year, he Luke Walton, Josh Childress and JON may make up the all bad-contract team.  While once a lock-down defender, he now is in and out of the starting lineup, but does lead the league's worst bench in scoring. If LAL wants to upgrade their roster, they need to trade the following people: Peace, Barnes, Fisher, Ebanks, Walton, Kapono, McRoberts and Murphy!! Bye!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The difference between Boston and LA's bench is that LA doesn't need their bench as much as Boston needs theirs. Ray and KG are on fumes, Paul is playing in slow motion and JON is well, just horrendous. Rondo is very good but 1 player won't cut it. LA's big 3 can carry them. In the playoffs they will play as much as they need to.

Barnes, Ebanks and Murphy are keepers.
    Metta will be amnestied this summer.
    McRoberts will probably be traded and Walton/Fisher/Kapono are on contracts waiting to expire or will be traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Never been a fan of the Artest signing. Appreciate what he's done for the team, but he's never felt like a Laker to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : Should have kept Ariza.............and Farmar........and Brown.........oh, yeah, and Odom!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

So silly...
    Ariza has been terrible since HE decided to leave LA. Since he left LA, his FG% has been less then 41% every year.
    Farmar is a career back up. Big loss...
    Brown's FG% is 38% and he has 6 DNP-CD's in his last 7 games.
    Odom's FG% is 36%. He would have cost LA $17.8m this year. Plus they have a trade exception and a 1st round draft pick for Odom. Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : So silly... Ariza has been terrible since HE decided to leave LA. Since he left LA, his FG% has been less then 41% every year. Farmar is a career back up. Big loss... Brown's FG% is 38% and he has 6 DNP-CD's in his last 7 games. Odom's FG% is 36%. He would have cost LA $17.8m this year. Plus they have a trade exception and a 1st round draft pick for Odom. Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!
    Posted by GinaM1977

So with all those great moves why is your team so mediocre.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : Last post of the day for you - then I want to get Flobus' opinion.  Are you trying to say that your current bench (without any of your ridiculous trades) is BETTER than a bench of Farmar, Brown, Barnes, Peace and Odom? (I'm starting Ariza here)................. this should be good!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

That's an unanswerable question.
    Who would LA's starting SF be if Barnes and Peace are on the bench?

LA is not winning a title with Blake, Farmar or Fisher at pg.
    The Odom deal is the trade that will enable them to get a pg.

Farmar/Blake: Same Player
    Brown/Goudelock: Goudelock is a much more consistent shooter. ($3m cheaper too).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Um, there's no way that Ariza and World Peace would have been on LA at the same time.

LA signed Artest after Ariza decided to leave LA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : Still waiting for you to answer the question!!  But, coward that you are, you won't.  Have a good weekend, son, and thanks for once again showing how little you know about the game!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

You ask questions that can't be answered.
    If LA still had Ariza, they would not have signed Artest.
    This is not hard to understand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : So with all those great moves why is your team so mediocre.
    Posted by concord27

The championship is not determined in February.
    Talk to me about LA's chances after the trade deadline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : Of course it can - I'll even simplify it - Ariza is gone and you have Peace - how's that? So, your current bench of Blake, Kapono, Barnes, McRoberts and Murphy vs  Farmar, Brown, Barnes and Odom.......which bench is better?  VERY simple question!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The difference between those two benches is insignificant.
    Maybe the second group is slightly better but that will be more then cancelled out with the 1st round pick and trade exception for Odom.
    And, with Odom, that bench costs LA another $10m.

BTW, Farmar has been gone for 2 years now.
    Brown and Odom are having terrible seasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Here's your original question: You said that Ariza is starting and Peace is on the bench.
    Last post of the day for you - then I want to get Flobus' opinion.  Are you trying to say that your current bench (without any of your ridiculous trades) is BETTER than a bench of Farmar, Brown, Barnes, Peace and Odom? (I'm starting Ariza here).................
    this should be good!!!

Then you said that Ariza was gone. How do I answer questions that need revisions and amendments?
    Of course it can - I'll even simplify it - Ariza is gone and you have Peace - how's that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : WOW - bold face and everything.  so, I'll take that as a yes, you think your current bench of Blake, Kapono, McRoberts and Murphy is better than a bench of Farmar (Blake has been there for 2 years, and replaced Farmar), Brown and Odom?  Won't even mention the SF position, since you can't seem to get around that. Here is what I think: Fisher koME Ariza Gasol Bynum with a bench of Farmar, Brown, Barnes and Odom is better than Fisher koME Peace Gasol Bynum with a bench of Blake, Kapono, Barnes, McRoberts and Murphy. That was fun and easy - but clearly too complicated for you!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

You asked me a question.
    I never asked for your pathetic opinion about the Lakers.
    Zip it junior.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : Still waiting for an answer to that question, son!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Did you not take your medicine today?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : And yet, you have NO problem coming on a Celtics web-site, proposing ridiculous, lop-sided trades and giving YOUR pathetic opinion about the Celtics?? You are not only a coward and a liar, but a hypocrite as well!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The trades I propose are reasonable.

You propose trades like Boston getting Jefferson and Millsap for KG's expiring contract? What a fairy tale you live in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : Still waiting..........................
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The bus will be there soon.
    Have the money in your hand and then give it to the driver as you get on the bus.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im assuming this has been said already, but ummm, he Plays DEFENSE.

Of course he does more than shoot.

He has the ability to get to the rim. You dont see it because he is coming off knee surgery.

Im sure Doc is the one who defines the roles and if he wanted something different he would say.

What else did Eddie House do besides shoot 3's?  He didnt play "D" and could hardly bring the ball up.

I suggest you learn more b-ball.  Peitrus is an asset who happens to be in a 2 game slump. Relax!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: One Trick Pony : You asked me a question. I never asked for your pathetic opinion about the Lakers. Zip it junior.
    Posted by GinaM1977

So touchy for a troll on a Celtics blog.  You have got to be kidding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Even though LA & Celtics are both not going to win championships this year, the better of the 2 teams are the Lakers. They need a PG and we need a Biggie. Which is bigger need ? Ours !!! They beat us in 7 games because Perkins was out, there was an egregious difference in foul shots, and despite their shooting 32% and Kobe 25% (6/24) and us shooting 40%, they beat us in rebounds. They still have Kobe & 2 biggies, Bynum & Gasol and missing Odom and Artest & Fisher both older and a bunch of mediocre others, Kobe and Bynum & Gasol winning rebound battles can put up more shots missed by their mediocre players.

We, on the other hand, are much more in need of making our jump shots because lacking rebounds we don't get the extra shots. So, in short, having a very good big man(men) is more valuable than having good PGs. So, we live with what we have & hope to trade or draft to build in the future or if we can dupe someone into taking Ray Allen, and I've liked him, and JO and others and a draft pick, for Gortat or Kaman, do it. I do not believe we can get Gasol unless we give up Rondo and you know, I'd like to keep him as I don't know if we can win a championship with Gasol and without a good PG. Gasol too, older, is good for 1-2 more years. Rondo, as good as any driving to the basket, finding an open man & the best PG rebounder, despite not a terrific outside shooter & foul shots, is worth a keep.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Im assuming this has been said already, but ummm, he Plays DEFENSE. Of course he does more than shoot. He has the ability to get to the rim. You dont see it because he is coming off knee surgery. Im sure Doc is the one who defines the roles and if he wanted something different he would say. What else did Eddie House do besides shoot 3's?  He didnt play "D" and could hardly bring the ball up. I suggest you learn more b-ball.  Peitrus is an asset who happens to be in a 2 game slump. Relax!
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I'm sure Doc isn't telling Pietrus to just stand there by the 3 point line and do nothing else. Pietrus was released for a very good reason. This is not a slump. I have forgotten more about bb then you know. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its called our system. Ray, Eddie, Pav. they all sit out at the 3 point line.

Rondo kicks it to Ray at the 3 point line on fast breaks.

Its called SPACING the floor, so other players can drive.

Where do you want him to stand? in the Paint??

Ok, buddy.

Petrius was released because he was hurt. You see anyone else playing "D" at the wing spot for us besides P and Pavlovich??

I have played Ball for over 20 years...  Where u play at? If your not washed up, I'll come to your court....lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its called our system. Ray, Eddie, Pav. they all sit out at the 3 point line.

Rondo kicks it to Ray at the 3 point line on fast breaks.

Its called SPACING the floor, so other players can drive.

Where do you want him to stand? in the Paint??

Ok, buddy.

Petrius was released because he was hurt. You see anyone else playing "D" at the wing spot for us besides P and Pavlovich??

I have played Ball for over 20 years...  Where u play at? If your not w ashed up, I'll come to your court....lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

You only need to post your drivel 1 time.

Boston fans led by Tommy are always complaining because they don't shoot many free throws. Hmmm, I wonder why?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hmm Gina M, 450 posts in a month, do you plan to keep this rate of posting up? I hope you didn't quit your job to start posting here. Because hiring managers don't exactly hang out in this forum. 

"If Boston wants to upgrade their roster, they need to look to trade the following players: Bradley, Daniels, Dooling, JON, Pavlovic, Pietrus and Stiemsma."

This is one of the dumbest things ever posted in this forum. I'm assuming you know that and did it to get a reaction? 

I'm sure you don't actually believe that other teams want to give us good players for our cast offs, stiffs, and understudies.

I realize you  might get away with that in your fantasy league but in the real world GMs trade value for value, and stiff and vets are thrown in to make the numbers work. 

Back to the drawing board. Happy compulsive posting!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Hmm Gina M, 450 posts in a month, do you plan to keep this rate of posting up? I hope you didn't quit your job to start posting here. Because hiring managers don't exactly hang out in this forum.  " If Boston wants to upgrade their roster, they need to look to trade the following players: Bradley, Daniels, Dooling, JON, Pavlovic, Pietrus and Stiemsma." This is one of the dumbest things ever posted in this forum. I'm assuming you know that and did it to get a reaction?  I'm sure you don't actually believe that other teams want to give us good players for our cast offs, stiffs, and understudies. I realize you  might get away with that in your fantasy league but in the real world GMs trade value for value, and stiff and vets are thrown in to make the numbers work.  Back to the drawing board. Happy compulsive posting!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

LOL!!

Sections
Shortcuts