One way or the other, the "FAB MELO ERA" begins.............

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: One way or the other, the

In response to Bill-806's comment:

with Sully hurt and maybe out for the year, Danny & Doc need to find out if this "BIG GUY" CAN PLAY !!!

I agree......

Maybe the Celtic Leprechaun will ride on Melo's shoulders & guide him along and surprise us all ??? Many posts say he is too raw to be brought up now & needs more development in Maine.

Could be so but as we are desperate for a big man with all the posts about trying to get Cousins/ Gasol and whom do we need give up to do so, I say give the kid a try. I would like Cousins/Gasol but not for PP but for Bass, Terry & a draft choice. And with Sully now out, not a Center, but a good rebounder, we are in more need of seeing if Melo can contribute.

Coming to mind I believe many of the following centers were major contributors in their rookie seasons(some too played PF):

Wilt, Alcindor, Elvin Hayes, Wes Unseld, Tim Duncan, Dave Robinson, Shaq and could be more but that's all I can think about now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

with Sully hurt and maybe out for the year, Danny & Doc need to find out if this "BIG GUY" CAN PLAY !!!

I agree......

Maybe the Celtic Leprechaun will ride on Melo's shoulders & guide him along and surprise us all ??? Many posts say he is too raw to be brought up now & needs more development in Maine.

Could be so but as we are desperate for a big man with all the posts about trying to get Cousins/ Gasol and whom do we need give up to do so, I say give the kid a try. I would like Cousins/Gasol but not for PP but for Bass, Terry & a draft choice. And with Sully now out, not a Center, but a good rebounder, we are in more need of seeing if Melo can contribute.

Coming to mind I believe many of the following centers were major contributors in their rookie seasons(some too played PF):

Wilt, Alcindor, Elvin Hayes, Wes Unseld, Tim Duncan, Dave Robinson, Shaq and could be more but that's all I can think about now.

Bill Russell?  Wiki: "Russell could not join the Celtics for the 1956–57 season until December, due to his Olympic commitment. After rejoining the Celtics, Russell played 48 games, averaging 14.7 points per game and a league-high  19.6 rebounds per game.[22]"  1957 NBA champions?  Your Boston Celtics.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He looked overwhelmed in only 2 minutes of action.  He also looked very uncoordinated.  I have wanted a chance to look at him with the C's but  it looked pretty obvious he is no where ready.  Hopefully it was just being nervous but I doubt it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Some here believed he couldn't be any worse than Collins!

HAHAHA

Yea and I was one of them. 

There are others that think he should not be traded because he will be a force in a year or two.  I wouldn't hesitate a nano second to pull the trigger and trade him for a big.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Some here believed he couldn't be any worse than Collins!

HAHAHA

Yea and I was one of them. 

There are others that think he should not be traded because he will be a force in a year or two.  I wouldn't hesitate a nano second to pull the trigger and trade him for a big.

It's a good thing Ainge has no plans of trading him.

why is that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fab Melo will be fine! He had some jitters last night and it showed! 

There is an old saying in basketball " you can't teach 7-feet" 

I will not base my final conclusions on 2-minutes of work (in a players first NBA game)! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fab Melo will be fine! He had some jitters last night and it showed! 

There is an old saying in basketball " you can't teach 7-feet" 

I will not base my final conclusions on 2-minutes of work (in a players first NBA game)! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Yao Ming as an example:

Yao did not participate in the Rockets' pre-season training camp, instead playing for China in the 2002 FIBA World Championships.[24]Before the season, several commentators, including Bill Simmons and Dick Vitale, predicted that Yao would fail in the NBA,[25][26] andCharles Barkley said he would "kiss [Kenny Smith's] ass" if Yao scored more than 19 points in one of his rookie-season games.[27] Yao played his first NBA game against the Indiana Pacers, scoring no points and grabbing two rebounds,[28][29] and scored his first NBA basket against the Denver Nuggets.[30] In his first seven games, he averaged only 14 minutes and 4 points, but on November 17, he scored 20 points on a perfect 9-of-9 from the field and 2-of-2 from the free-throw line against the Lakers.[31] Barkley made good on his bet by kissing the buttock of a donkey purchased by Smith for the occasion (Smith's "ass").[27]

It takes some players a while to adjust to the NBA game! Give Melo some time!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Melo has a very significant chance of being a bust.  If some other team looks at him as having value we should use him in a trade to get a big man now.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts