O'Neals already upset with limited minutes!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

O'Neals already upset with limited minutes!

Doc Rivers watch out,your O"Neals want more playing time. Jermaine stated today in the Globe his limited playing time has effected his game and for the first time in 15 years his confidence is shaken.

Shaq was not happy the first two games sitting on the bench the whole 4th quarter and playing around 18 minutes a game. Shaq and Jermaine are both former All Stars with BIG EGO'S ,neither will be happy with less the 20 minutes a game.

Doc is crazy playing Paul,Ray,Rondo and Garnett close to 40 minutes a game, they will either get hurt or burn out.

If the O'Neils are not happy now,watch out when Perk comes back and they both play only 10 minutes,Doc better get a body guard.

Luke and Erden better watch their weight as sitting on the bench will not burn up calories.

This team will implode ,very shortly.

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: O'Neals already upset with limited minutes!

What a silly comment?  The team is not imploding after three games.   Let's see what happens.  Jermaine is legitimately concerned about his game going south.   He needs to show that he has something left.  It is a good sign he is so concerned.  Maybe he will try harder than in Miami.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neals already upset with limited minutes!:
    What a silly comment?  The team is not imploding after three games.   Let's see what happens.  Jermaine is legitimately concerned about his game going south.   He needs to show that he has something left.  It is a good sign he is so concerned.  Maybe he will try harder than in Miami.
    Posted by concord27

How do you divide the minutes after Perk is back ?Dosn't work ,Shaq or Jerm will not be happy

Run

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neals already upset with limited minutes! : How do you divide the minutes after Perk is back ?Dosn't work ,Shaq or Jerm will not be happy Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Perk being "back" almost makes me laugh.  or cry.  the guy was hardly "here" the second half of last season.  a moderately functioning shaquille o'neal is so much better than perkins it ain't even funny. 

just imagine perk with slower feet and one bad leg (inevitable results of this injury) trying to set picks that are not turnovers for us.  and then take 2 aspirin and lay down for a bit.  that's what i have to do.

perkins may well not even be a factor this year.  i have no idea why people think he's a sure thing major contributor and rotation disturber as soon as he gets "back".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

"I will go root for the Suns." - runrunrun

So I guess your word means nothing. Not too surprising.

But there is still time for you to follow up on your promise like a man. Go root for the Suns. If you don't already. You are obviously not a Celtics fan. Go root for the Suns and you wont have concern yourself with the Celtics "thugball" anymore.

Best of all, none of will have to be subjected to your insane rambling troll posts anymore.

Just do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Someone please give this idiot a link to the Suns forum.  It might help him out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

There you go run: http://www.phxsuns.net/

Time to man up and put us all out of our misery. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Doc has a difficult time managing the minutes of his players. Shaq is already injured, typical of his habits throughout his career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Doc has a difficult time managing the minutes of his players. Shaq is already injured, typical of his habits throughout his career.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Are you saying that Shaq is injury prone like Andrew "Sam Bowie" Bynum?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

""I will go root for the Suns." - runrunrun

"But there is still time for you to follow up on your promise like a man"

+1 man up and go away. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Only one who's entitled to complain (if he is) is Shaq. Hes played pretty well for us and why not play him early in the 4th? Will put other team in penalty quickly, then sit him.

If JO is complaining it's be funny. He should beg Doc to lower his  minutes so he doesnt hurt our team any more.

As far as Perk goes, cant see much trouble if/when he returns. His game went south last year and he wasnt much in the finals either.  Shaq will still be the starter, unless something changes imo. Perk wont ne nearly as effective as preinjury and out of shape. When he was 100%, he wasnt much for us if you want to be honest. His rebounding was below avg and his offensive skills seem to have eroded. At one time, it seemed he was putting some moves together and becoming effective... dont know how it all disappeared.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In Response to O'Neals already upset with limited minutes!:
    Doc Rivers watch out,your O"Neals want more playing time. Jermaine stated today in the Globe his limited playing time has effected his game and for the first time in 15 years his confidence is shaken. Shaq was not happy the first two games sitting on the bench the whole 4th quarter and playing around 18 minutes a game. Shaq and Jermaine are both former All Stars with BIG EGO'S ,neither will be happy with less the 20 minutes a game. Doc is crazy playing Paul,Ray,Rondo and Garnett close to 40 minutes a game, they will either get hurt or burn out. If the O'Neils are not happy now,watch out when Perk comes back and they both play only 10 minutes,Doc better get a body guard. Luke and Erden better watch their weight as sitting on the bench will not burn up calories. This team will implode ,very shortly. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Jermaine was saying that he was unhappy about being injured and that things haven't gone smoothly for him.  He is not complaining about minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

runrunandrun...one shady dude! Nothing positive... straight up negative posts! True Celtics fans let's just ignore his post and maybe he'll (or she'll) will go back in their hole and start posting in the Miami Herald.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neals already upset with limited minutes! : Perk being "back" almost makes me laugh.  or cry.  the guy was hardly "here" the second half of last season.  a moderately functioning shaquille o'neal is so much better than perkins it ain't even funny.  just imagine perk with slower feet and one bad leg (inevitable results of this injury) trying to set picks that are not turnovers for us.  and then take 2 aspirin and lay down for a bit.  that's what i have to do. perkins may well not even be a factor this year.  i have no idea why people think he's a sure thing major contributor and rotation disturber as soon as he gets "back".
    Posted by aciemvp

In total agreement. I thought I was the only one that thought Shaq is more effective than Perk. Shaq at his age is more nimble in the post than slow-footed, concrete hands Perkins.

Just give it some time and both O'Neals will be assets to this team. It takes time to implement new players in a new system.

I just think it's way too much panicking at the start of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neals already upset with limited minutes! : In total agreement. I thought I was the only one that thought Shaq is more effective than Perk. Shaq at his age is more nimble in the post than slow-footed, concrete hands Perkins. Just give it some time and both O'Neals will be assets to this team. It takes time to implement new players in a new system. I just think it's way too much panicking at the start of the season.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Celtics win fans panic. Celtics lose fans panic. Every month is panic month for some of the fans here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neals already upset with limited minutes! : Celtics win fans panic. Celtics lose fans panic. Every month is panic month for some of the fans here.
    Posted by Tachometrix

Truest words ever spoken...err typed!

Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

There you go run: http://www.phxsuns.net/ Time to man up and put us all out of our misery. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Posted by df2

Thanks for the link, I will join.
    But come back every month or so to bust the C's

Run

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saraswatinamah. Show saraswatinamah's posts

You are right Tachometrix The only way so satisfy the fans is by winning every game by 30 and 4-4-4-4 in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Doc was criticized all last year for what looked like stupid moves to some people on these boards.  Then, he showed the smarts at the end.  He kept Sheed engaged when we all (including me) thought Sheed should NEVER play.  But in the end, he showed up in the playoffs.  Many such moves were made by Doc that we, the Monday morning QBs, thought were stupid moves.

I suspect Doc knows what he's doing (again) in how he's motivating the O'Neals and others.   There's a reason the players all LOVE Doc......he knows how to push their buttons without embarrassing them or talking about them in public.   I bet he's doing the right things to win games AND teach the new players our system AND keep them all motivated at the same time.

Have some faith - we're only 3 games into the season!  Doesn't his track record or getting to the Championship one year, getting far into the playoffs with an injured team, and getting to game 7 count for a little faith in his techniques????

The O'neals will come around and be valuable in the end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Can the O'Neals really do worse than Theo Ratliff's 0.0 points per game?

HAHAHA!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I haven't heard anything about Shaq or JO being unhappy with PT.

Anyone have a link?  Or is this just more Run-run BS?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I haven't heard anything about Shaq or JO being unhappy with PT. Anyone have a link?  Or is this just more Run-run BS?
    Posted by pliu

runrun BS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

No suprise.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I haven't heard anything about Shaq or JO being unhappy with PT. Anyone have a link?  Or is this just more Run-run BS?
    Posted by pliu

There is no link because they never complained about minutes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I'm sure this is the story the OP is talking about, but again, he is not complaining about minutes.  He is disappointed in his play and that he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

From boston.com:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/11/01/west_wafer_have_patched_things_up/?page=2

"Jermaine O’Neal performed with the second unit.

“I think it’s because Doc didn’t know if I was going to practice,’’ he said.

O’Neal said his role so far isn’t what he’s used to. “I’m not asked to play the scorer, I have to get used to just running to the boards, trying to block shots, playing defense, that’s my job,’’ he said. “And getting used to that, mentally locking in, is something I’m ready to do.

“But I can’t do my job if I’m not on the court. Fifteen years in the league, and there’s going to be things that happen, not only to myself, but to Shaq and the older guys, and we’re just going to have to figure out a way to get better, stay healthy, so we can have a good team.

“I felt pretty good. My confidence level is probably at an all-time low. It’s been rough, to be honest. I’m not going to lie. I’m disappointed, very much so."

Sections
Shortcuts