O'Neil's take up space!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

O'Neil's take up space!!

DA's gamble signing the over-the -hill O'Neils is a loser--so far.  Hopefully, they'll be some help in the playoffs.  I'm glad Shaq entertained folks in Harvard Square-it's been a long while since us Celtic fans have been entertained.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: O'Neil's take up space!!

In Response to O'Neil's take up space!!:
    DA's gamble signing the over-the -hill O'Neils is a loser--so far.  Hopefully, they'll be some help in the playoffs.  I'm glad Shaq entertained folks in Harvard Square-it's been a long while since us Celtic fans have been entertained.
    Posted by haste

You`d rather wed have done withot centers until Perk came back? Who else was available, Miiki Moore?I`m fine with the Shaq signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I've been pleased with Shaq. Jermaine can still play well, but the point is he rarely plays. Let's see if Jermaine is ready to play a month before the playoffs start so he can play himself into shape. If he returns when the playoffs start, he's gonna do more harm than good as he will be out of shape and out of practice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant really complain about Shaq. Hes played well, sometimes exceptional. Injuries are what was expected from him...so how can anyone be disappointed?

JON is total disappointment. In the rare occassions hes played, hes looked ok 1 of 3 games. Out of shape and cant jump or move. Still, Doc felt JON was giving us good minutes right b4 he went down again.  Clearly as of today the JON signing is a major flop. It'd be a miracle if he returns before the playoffs and is able to contribute anything.  So jury is still out on him. I say jury is still out cause SHeed was garbage all last season. But the big goof stepped it up in the playoffs and was a big contributor so...........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neil's take up space!!:
    In Response to O'Neil's take up space!! : You`d rather wed have done withot centers until Perk came back? Who else was available, Miiki Moore?I`m fine with the Shaq signing.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

I agree with you about Shaq.  Although he is injured a lot at least he has contributed for most of the season.  Hopefully, both of the O'Neils will be healthy for the playoffs.  We really could use both of them.  Just not sure if Jermaine will contribute anything for the remainder of the season.  Especially if Semih is traded to obtain a small forward.  We will be in trouble if Semih is traded and both of the O'Neils are not able to contribute during the playoffs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

You get old, you bounce back slower.  That's a fact of life.  I still think it was a good idea to sign Shaq.  If JO was in better shape, I'd say also say it for him.  I don't know how his rehab is going, but there's still a chance he can help some come April.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Shaq has certainly contributed more than JON because he's played more.  When he is available, he's contributed and at times, more than I expected.  While JON's knee frustrates me tremendously (bad gamble, Danny, you should have known by examinations!!), I'm not as angry at him as I am Shaq, however, who seems to have the injury of the day every other week.  We can get no consistency in large part due to the juggling Doc has to do with the lineup.  Slipping on ice, then hurt abductor muscle, hurt this and hurt that.  Come on.....stop it!  Just get in some kind of shape and play 15 mins a game.  

Semih should not escape from this issue, either.  He's out every other game, as well (yes, I'm exaggerating but its too often for someone his age).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Shaq is going to be one of the main reasons why we win in the playoffs.

Jermaine O'Neal has been flat out garbage this year.  He can still help but the odds of that are at about 5%. I expect more out of Von Wafer than I do him at this stage of the game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: O'Neil's take up space!!:
    Shaq has certainly contributed more than JON because he's played more.  When he is available, he's contributed and at times, more than I expected.  While JON's knee frustrates me tremendously (bad gamble, Danny, you should have known by examinations!!), I'm not as angry at him as I am Shaq, however, who seems to have the injury of the day every other week.  We can get no consistency in large part due to the juggling Doc has to do with the lineup.  Slipping on ice, then hurt abductor muscle, hurt this and hurt that.  Come on.....stop it!  Just get in some kind of shape and play 15 mins a game.   Semih should not escape from this issue, either.  He's out every other game, as well (yes, I'm exaggerating but its too often for someone his age).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I agree.  We know the issue that has hampered JON and we just need to focus on fixing it so he can get back.  I, too, am somewhat disappointed because Shaq seems to have a different injury every time you turn around.  Last I heard, he MIGHT not be ready after the all star break because his achilles was not healing as expected.  He was wearing a walking boot.

I saw him on a TNT show during all star weekend and I did not see a walking boot.  I saw size 22 white Nike sneakers.  NOT making an assumption from that but I'd be disappointed if he is still out tomorrow.  I sure hope Shaq was continuing his rehab and receiving treatment if he planned to return after the all star break.  Seems that going from a walking boot to sneakers is considered progress but how much?  It's after the all star break so I guess we'll see.

As for Semih, it's time for him to step it up a notch too.  He should be energized and ready to contribute.  I just hope he doesn't continue with the every other few games of being inactive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I like both signings.  Shaq has at times given more than expected. So when he is out it actually averages out.  JON when is playing is decent.  I think he will be able to contribute down the stretch and in the playoffs.  When the team gets healthy it is unstoppable.  West, Daniels, Shaq, JON and Semih need to be ready to go late March.  Wafer is a stop gap for Daniels/West and has shown flashes of decency. Semih has shown signs of being good.  All we need is health.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq  has been an amazing get.  We are frustrated now because he has been so good. Rondo and he have a special chemistry.  We badly need him back as he protects the team in the paint.

Without Shaq and no Perkins this team would have at least five more loses now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Shaq taking up space? That's exactly what he was hired to do.

Sections
Shortcuts