Only Player That Must Be Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Only Player That Must Be Traded

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

Other than his age, I would rather spend money on Humphries than someone like Bradley or Rondo.

Again, the Celts can spend money on AB and Rondo AB is a RFA and Rondo still has 1 year left on his contract after this season.

But Hump is an UFA.

His cap hold is 18m.

Celts have 48.4m for 8 players, not including Bradley, and 13.6m to spend on 5 players to have a complete roster.

It's just not possible to re-sign Hump.

I know you are right.

But I may get rid of my cable so I don't have to watch it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

If DA does not get the deal he wants (young talent or late 1st round pick) - then no trade - clear 12-mil in cap space! Win Win for Cs!

True.

But unfortunately the Celts got Joel Anthony for 2nd round picks.

Absorbing Joel Anthony's contract means the Celts will be burdened with an additional 3.8m next season.

That means the Celts have 48.4m in total salaries for 8 players next season.

The projected salary cap is 62m.

So the Celts will have 13.6m to spend on 5 players, this already includes the 2 1st round picks.

Bottom line is Hump's expiring deal didn't really clear a lot of cap space.

So it sounds like you are saying they need Humps expiring deal to have any cap space at all.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Love is beautiful...

So is watching the Lakers demise - What was it again GK 48-mil for Kobe? HaHaHa!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I doubt we'll get a 1st round for Hump.

Fierce, why can't the Celtics do a sign and trade of Hump with another team and get back two decent, younger players more suited for the rebuilding phase we're going through now?

What would be the benefit of trading Hump to, say, the Suns for Emeka Okafor's contract if the contract coming off won't really provide any cap room?

If you're saying Hump's contract coming off the books doesn't provide any real cap room wouldn't the same be for any player we trade Hump for who has an expiring deal?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce DO the Celtics need to have leverage to do a sign and trade with Hump?  Not necessarily for Okafor but with any team for a deal that benefits them.

There will probably be several teams this offseason who might want Hump's services but unwilling to pay his price in a straght up UFA signing.  Therefore, that means whoever that team may be, might be willing to obtain him in a sign and trade if it knew it would be giving up a couple players to do it (and possibly picks too)?

That way the other team isn't brining on new salary - rather reallocating it.  Plus the Celtics lose Hump and get two players who can possibly fill roles now and with smaller individual contracts.

Are you saying that's not a feasible option?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Fierce has been spot on with his posts on this thread about the cap.  Danny's playing chess. He's thinking ahead a few moves. Right now if he can get a pick for Humpy then he's better off than resigning him or losing him Without a pick.

I do think the Joel Anthony contract will come into play at next years deadline Or he gets to walk away. A lot of what's going to happen depends how we are doing right at the deadline. Hopefully we maintain our position. We need a top 3 pick. Top 5 at worst. 

I will ill also go out on a limb to say we will be in this position again next year unless Danny is offered an allstar for green and or sully and picks. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts