Open letter to Celtics fans.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Open letter to Celtics fans.

I don't think the Celtic faithful should give up so easily.

I still believe that you have a very talented team. They have suffered heavy defeats in the last two games to teams that have claims on the NBA Championship. Which is not a good sign. I don't know what is going on in the locker room, but I have to imagine that it must have been a tense atmosphere after losing to the Heat.

I can't count out a team with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Garnett brings intangibles to the table that can't be bought. He really needs to take responsibility and lead the Celtics for the remainder of their season. I think the team and Garnett need to take an attitude that the play offs start against the Knicks in the next regular season game. There's no point resting players now. It's all in and start to play with some passion and self belief again. This happens and the Celtics are in with more than a shot. But a genuine chance at winning the NBA Championship.

Why slow down towards the end of the season when the second and even top seed in the East was still available. I don't get why teams do this. I don't know if the Celtics did this deliberately. That they believe they can turn on the good form as if it is a tap. Well guys you should get that sort of mentality and heave it as far as you can. One day that tap will run dry. Boston really needs to put the foot down from tomorrow and drive as fast and hard though their remaining games and play off series. Leave nothing in the tank for next season as this is your last genuine chance to win a title with this group. Surely the players themselves must see this? They're smart enough to. 

Garnett should get a lot more physical and leave nothing left for 'next' season. Rondo should drive the lane all of the time, get fouled and make three throws. If he's worried about making the shots, then he ought to be putting in hours of practice, it's what he's paid for.  The Celtics have the ability to get though, don't allow easy layups and smash guys when they come into the lane. It's not about being friends with these guys, they're attempting to take a title from you.

I don't buy into Perkins making much of a difference in the team as it currently stands. The team was doing well without him in the roster, there's no evidence that I can think of that you'd have either beaten the Heat or Bulls with him. He may have helped defensively. But the whole waiting for the post season disease may well have bought his game down to a level that is below par. Green will bring so much to the Celtics if he is used properly by Rivers.

That being said, this is the end of the dominance this Celtics team has had in the Eastern conference. I still wouldn't be too down if I were a Celtics fan. You should be celebrating their success. 

The Celtics were dead in the water after the 06/07 season. I'm sure that nobody who posts here would have guessed what would happen in 07/08. Ainge took two major gambles and they paid off in a big way. One championship and a trip to the finals so far. And it's also a new foundation to build upon for the future with Rondo, yes Rondo as the heart of the new Celtics. The 07/08 title gives this future Celtics team a stepping stone and something that they could relate to more than the championships from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Rondo and Green will be the blocks on which the new team is built, well if I were Ainge they would be. They're superior players to any who were left at the Celtics after the 92/93 season.

The Celtics faithful have much to be happy about, Pierce was looking for an out and the franchise was in terrible shape. I for one was happy to see our greatest rivals as a relevant part of the NBA. Not a museum piece of a franchise which only had it's glorious past for happy memories for it's fans.

The Celtics deserve more than that. The Celtics define what the NBA is and is all about. And for four years, the Celtics have been back. And I'm happy about that. This ride isn't over yet. So enjoy it while it lasts. And then get ready for the next one, if Ainge sticks around it won't be a long wait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Open letter to Celtics fans.

Thank you RU.  It's hard for us to see any of this after losing to the Heat, of all teams.  But it's all true.  I don't foresee your team ever getting into such a situation, but if it ever happens I will return the favor.  You are a true ambassador who knows the game as well as anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In Response to Open letter to Celtics fans.:
    I don't think the Celtic faithful should give up so easily. I still believe that you have a very talented team. They have suffered heavy defeats in the last two games to teams that have claims on the NBA Championship. Which is not a good sign. I don't know what is going on in the locker room, but I have to imagine that it must have been a tense atmosphere after losing to the Heat. I can't count out a team with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Garnett brings intangibles to the table that can't be bought. He really needs to take responsibility and lead the Celtics for the remainder of their season. I think the team and Garnett need to take an attitude that the play offs start against the Knicks in the next regular season game. There's no point resting players now. It's all in and start to play with some passion and self belief again. This happens and the Celtics are in with more than a shot. But a genuine chance at winning the NBA Championship. Why slow down towards the end of the season when the second and even top seed in the East was still available. I don't get why teams do this. I don't know if the Celtics did this deliberately. That they believe they can turn on the good form as if it is a tap. Well guys you should get that sort of mentality and heave it as far as you can. One day that tap will run dry. Boston really needs to put the foot down from tomorrow and drive as fast and hard though their remaining games and play off series. Leave nothing in the tank for next season as this is your last genuine chance to win a title with this group. Surely the players themselves must see this? They're smart enough to.  Garnett should get a lot more physical and leave nothing left for 'next' season. Rondo should drive the lane all of the time, get fouled and make three throws. If he's worried about making the shots, then he ought to be putting in hours of practice, it's what he's paid for.  The Celtics have the ability to get though, don't allow easy layups and smash guys when they come into the lane. It's not about being friends with these guys, they're attempting to take a title from you.   I don't buy into Perkins making much of a difference in the team as it currently stands. The team was doing well without him in the roster, there's no evidence that I can think of that you'd have either beaten the Heat or Bulls with him. He may have helped defensively. But the whole waiting for the post season disease may well have bought his game down to a level that is below par. Green will bring so much to the Celtics if he is used properly by Rivers. That being said, this is the end of the dominance this Celtics team has had in the Eastern conference. I still wouldn't be too down if I were a Celtics fan. You should be celebrating their success.  The Celtics were dead in the water after the 06/07 season. I'm sure that nobody who posts here would have guessed what would happen in 07/08. Ainge took two major gambles and they paid off in a big way. One championship and a trip to the finals so far. And it's also a new foundation to build upon for the future with Rondo, yes Rondo as the heart of the new Celtics. The 07/08 title gives this future Celtics team a stepping stone and something that they could relate to more than the championships from the 60's, 70's and 80's.   Rondo and Green will be the blocks on which the new team is built, well if I were Ainge they would be. They're superior players to any who were left at the Celtics after the 92/93 season. The Celtics faithful have much to be happy about, Pierce was looking for an out and the franchise was in terrible shape. I for one was happy to see our greatest rivals as a relevant part of the NBA. Not a museum piece of a franchise which only had it's glorious past for happy memories for it's fans. The Celtics deserve more than that. The Celtics define what the NBA is and is all about. And for four years, the Celtics have been back. And I'm happy about that. This ride isn't over yet. So enjoy it while it lasts. And then get ready for the next one, if Ainge sticks around it won't be a long wait.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Thank You!!! I'm really disappointed with the C's performance against Bulls and specially the Heat.Coming from a lakers fan your words are very sweet and gave me some comfort.  I believe is the end for the big 4. I don't think what happened in last year play-offs will repeat again this year. There still some little bit of hope and anything can happen. The play-offs are a different animal. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

agreed, you are a classy poster. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

The Celtics deserve more of a coach than Doc Rivers for the last run at greatness.  In this stretch of struggles what has Doc done?  Still can't figure out how to use Jeff Green.  STill can't get Delonte, a career double digit scorer scarcely more than 5 shots a game.  Absolutely no variety in our game, just predictability.  And the tempo problem.  Doc seems to tolerate it.  With the wrong tempo, this team undoes itself in no time flat. 

Please, please, please let Doc Rivers leave town this summer.  He either is not even trying or just can't coach.  I think it's the latter and always has been.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts