Opinion time again. We should draft........................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Opinion time again. We should draft........................

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to KJandHondo's comment:

Yeah have to concur with Hedley on this one, I put the most stock in Ford's top 100 and there He has Hood 10 and WCS 17.  Would be a good combo of players also if WCS continues to rise along with Hood taking WCS at the higher pick and someone like Selden as the ATL pick would be a pretty good draft day...

Hood at 10 is quite a bit different than Hood at 5... and I will bet that Cauley Stein is off the board by 17 as well as Hedley's 19.

and Good luck with your faith in Chad Ford.  LOL

NBA Mock Draft Results: ‘Experts’ Are Bad (But Better Than Us And That Spanish Dude) by  Matt Rudnitsky | 5:38 pm, June 28th, 2013

Here are the results from the 2013 draft, using NBADraft.net’s   scoring system  comparing mocks to actual results. The first number is the total score. The second number is the number of exact predictions that hit. Because mock drafting is hard, you get points for being close. 

The max possible score is 150. Final Results:

1) Jonathan Givony, Draft Express: 66 (3)

2) Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: 65 (2)

3) Gary Parrish, CBS Sports: 59 (3)

4) Some Spaniard, Solobasket: 58 (3)

5) Matt Moore, CBS Sports: 55 (0)

6) Matt Rudnitsky, SportsGrid: 53 (1)

7) Chad Ford, ESPN: -150 (0)  DEAD LAST

Because ESPN sucks and put his draft under a paywall.  They are now Bobcats of Mock Draft Competitions.

No one knows who'll be "off" the board, and it's stupid to bet on it.

My original picks, and I thought I was quite clear, were predicated on two things:

1.  These people are THERE when we pick......

2.  NO projects, I want a kid who can score NOW!

Let's go further and say No PG's, as I think we'll keep Rondo.

Also was assuming we get Hayward or keep Bradley.....

So, with Smart, Exum and Harris gone, that means the best available scoring threat MAY BE Hood.

Still not with ya, brother Hedley.  

If Smart is on the board, the Celtiucs will absolutely pick him.

Gives Danny flexible options with Rondo AND Bradley since Smart can play either position and is about as NBA ready as any player in the draft.  I don't know enough about Exum... and Harris is an undersized SG, not PG.

Rather than Hayward and his big expected contract, I would rather see something like trading Crawford and Bass (neither IMO are part of long term rebuild plans) to Golden State for SF Harrison Barnes (and J. ONeil expiring and T. Douglas expiring).  Iggy is redundant with Barnes and the Warriors MUST get bench help behind often injured Curry at PG, Thompson at SG (Crawford can do both) and Lee at PF for the playoffs.  

I think it makes sense for both teams

Barnes has 3 years remaining at only $3M, is only 21, (12 PPG as the 4th option!) with lots of upside.  We can then have flexibiity to move Green for the right deal too.  [See Below]

This would Lock down our starting SF position for the future, improve CAP space by $11M, and trade two mediocre players for 1 potential super star. 

Tne trade for Kantor 

[Kantor / Burkes / Rush (all playing backup roles) for Green / Bradley / and Pressey.  We get a young talented promising Center and improve CAP space considerably.  Green dispensible with Barnes and Bradley dispensible with Smart and Burke.

Rondo - Smart - Barnes - Sully / Oly / Kantor  (and our second pick in the first round...)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:

Yeah have to concur with Hedley on this one, I put the most stock in Ford's top 100 and there He has Hood 10 and WCS 17.  Would be a good combo of players also if WCS continues to rise along with Hood taking WCS at the higher pick and someone like Selden as the ATL pick would be a pretty good draft day...

Hood at 10 is quite a bit different than Hood at 5... and I will bet that Cauley Stein is off the board by 17 as well as Hedley's 19.

and Good luck with your faith in Chad Ford.  LOL

NBA Mock Draft Results: ‘Experts’ Are Bad (But Better Than Us And That Spanish Dude) by  Matt Rudnitsky | 5:38 pm, June 28th, 2013

Here are the results from the 2013 draft, using NBADraft.net’s   scoring system  comparing mocks to actual results. The first number is the total score. The second number is the number of exact predictions that hit. Because mock drafting is hard, you get points for being close. 

The max possible score is 150. Final Results:

1) Jonathan Givony, Draft Express: 66 (3)

2) Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: 65 (2)

3) Gary Parrish, CBS Sports: 59 (3)

4) Some Spaniard, Solobasket: 58 (3)

5) Matt Moore, CBS Sports: 55 (0)

6) Matt Rudnitsky, SportsGrid: 53 (1)

7) Chad Ford, ESPN: -150 (0)  DEAD LAST

Because ESPN sucks and put his draft under a paywall.  They are now Bobcats of Mock Draft Competitions.

No one knows who'll be "off" the board, and it's stupid to bet on it.

My original picks, and I thought I was quite clear, were predicated on two things:

1.  These people are THERE when we pick......

2.  NO projects, I want a kid who can score NOW!

Let's go further and say No PG's, as I think we'll keep Rondo.

Also was assuming we get Hayward or keep Bradley.....

So, with Smart, Exum and Harris gone, that means the best available scoring threat MAY BE Hood.

Still not with ya, brother Hedley.  

If Smart is on the board, the Celtiucs will absolutely pick him.

Gives Danny flexible options with Rondo AND Bradley since Smart can play either position and is about as NBA ready as any player in the draft.  I don't know enough about Exum... and Harris is an undersized SG, not PG.

Rather than Hayward and his big expected contract, I would rather see something like trading Crawford and Bass (neither IMO are part of long term rebuild plans) to Golden State for SF Harrison Barnes (and J. ONeil expiring and T. Douglas expiring).  Iggy is redundant with Barnes and the Warriors MUST get bench help behind often injured Curry at PG, Thompson at SG (Crawford can do both) and Lee at PF for the playoffs.  

I think it makes sense for both teams

Barnes has 3 years remaining at only $3M, is only 21, (12 PPG as the 4th option!) with lots of upside.  We can then have flexibiity to move Green for the right deal too.  [See Below]

This would Lock down our starting SF position for the future, improve CAP space by $11M, and trade two mediocre players for 1 potential super star. 

Tne trade for Kantor 

[Kantor / Burkes / Rush (all playing backup roles) for Green / Bradley / and Pressey.  We get a young talented promising Center and improve CAP space considerably.  Green dispensible with Barnes and Bradley dispensible with Smart and Burke.

Rondo - Smart - Barnes - Sully / Oly / Kantor  (and our second pick in the first round...)

I get ya....and I respect the heck out of your knowledge!

Still wouldn't "bet" on anything, though.....LOL!

It's a crap shoot.

I love Barnes, and he will be pretty good, I think.

Might as well keep Humpy right now - maybe re-sign him?

If Green can get me Hayward (Green and Bradley for Hayward and Biedrins), or Asik, then I'm all for it.

Draft one of your wings.....or one of mine...lol

I can't see Utah trading Kanter, though......they lost Millsap and Jefferson.  Unless they know they'll get Embiid!

If we get a top 3 pick..........sorry guys, I want Parker.  Try to get WCS later - or resign Humpy.........I think he' for real!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Wayne Selden might be playing himself back into the conversation. He's dropped 20 his last two games, but he's actively seeking his shot (what took so long?). He's 8 for his last 15 from 3, which was his biggest question mark this season. I know a lot of people on here like Selden, including myself (might be president of the fan club). Him coming out could change things. Could be a mid-first option for anyone. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:

Wayne Selden might be playing himself back into the conversation. He's dropped 20 his last two games, but he's actively seeking his shot (what took so long?). He's 8 for his last 15 from 3, which was his biggest question mark this season. I know a lot of people on here like Selden, including myself (might be president of the fan club). Him coming out could change things. Could be a mid-first option for anyone. 

Don't know who everyone on here is more tired of....you with Selden, or me with Hayward......:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Don't know who everyone on here is more tired of....you with Selden, or me with Hayward......:)

Haha.  Can't go wrong with either one.  Hayward comes with a big price tag, however we desparately need a quality SG, amoungst other things.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Haha.  Can't go wrong with either one.  Hayward comes with a big price tag, however we desparately need a quality SG, amoungst other things.    

Selden would be good, let's trust in DA and see how he does.

No more Fab Melo's please........imagine if he took Festus instead?  Or PJIII?

Sections
Shortcuts