Opponents say Celtics offense unpredictable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Opponents say Celtics offense unpredictable

Thus harder to defend. Hawks coach said we are less predictable without Rondo dominating the ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Re: Opponents say Celtics offense unpredictable

Yep!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Another blow to Rondo's shaky legacy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Thus harder to defend. Hawks coach said we are less predictable without Rondo dominating the ball.

But if Rondo changes his game philosophy the Celts become the unstoppable force on offense and defense. Given that we keep most all of the current players, veterans and new guns, a little tweaking and it gets pretty scary for the opposition.  More cash on hand and some smart trades will do us just fine!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

absent trades, we're hamstrung salary cap wise, until KG and PP move on. i love what we have in bradley, green, sully. need to add a legit center and a deadly 2-guard.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

That's coaching. Rondo will fit just fine in the new system. Doc (A great coach) made a mistake in running the same offensive sets with the newy guys he ran wit hthe old. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

That's coaching. Rondo will fit just fine in the new system. Doc (A great coach) made a mistake in running the same offensive sets with the newy guys he ran wit hthe old. 

Its possible, will it happen? Who knows but if Rondo was to run and play along with the same scheme of offense, where the ball was brought down and shared around, we would be even more unpredictable.....we would still need a big though.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Let's wait until the postseason how opponents will adjust and the game will slow down. Last year AB scored a lot from backdoor cuts in the RS. Int the postseason that was taken away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I guess the question you have to ask is,  will Rondo be as effective a player if he isn't dominating the ball?  That means he is going to have to push it more,  pass to other players in front of him,  and most of all take open shots and of course hit them. Before his injury he was not a threat after he passed the ball in the half court, so it basically turned in to a 4 against 5. He has to change that next year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In Bradley only played in 10 of the 20 playoff games the Celts played last season. So we're not really sure if those backdoor cuts was really taken away.

I don't get that logic?! The cuts were taken away in the games he played. Does it matter if he only played the first rounds?

Anyway,my point is, let us not overreact and wait if opponents really can't scout our system when we play them 4-7 games in a row. And lets wait how our new style transfers into the playoffs, when the games slowes downs and easy buckets are not available.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I guess the question you have to ask is,  will Rondo be as effective a player if he isn't dominating the ball?  That means he is going to have to push it more,  pass to other players in front of him,  and most of all take open shots and of course hit them. Before his injury he was not a threat after he passed the ball in the half court, so it basically turned in to a 4 against 5. He has to change that next year.

You just described why rondo must be traded. If he's not dominating the ball, he becomes just another player, and one who can't shoot at that!!  Rondo will never let himself become "just another player"  Great post, i'm giving you 5 stars!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

As much as I appreciate everything Rondo has done for the celts. I would rather have a guard that can shoot 3's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

absent trades, we're hamstrung salary cap wise, until KG and PP move on. i love what we have in bradley, green, sully. need to add a legit center and a deadly 2-guard.

Collins, Darko and Wilcox weren't legit centers?

NO, none of them. i like wilcox, but he is undersized at the 5. collins is a stiff. and darko is a bust.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Trade Rondo for a big.

No. Only for a good big.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The solution is Jordan Crawford. He's basically unguardable. But he has to minimize taking bad shots.

Here we go again -- do you realized the guy is crocodile? No matter what you do, He'll take bad shot after bad shot - unguardable? where do you find a player in NBA unguardable?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Trade Rondo for a big.

============================================

I agree with you to trade Rondo.

If Rondo can't shoot 3s with accuracy as we'd like, he can drive to the basket. But his strength/gift is finding an open man like PP, KG and Ray Allen last year.  Problem is we do not know if KG & PP are going to retire or play another year. And we really don't have gifted shooters to whom to pass, Green, Bass, Bradley---don't see these guys as gifted shooters like PP & Ray Allen. Rondo's other talent would be finding a 6'11"/7 ft center to whom to alley oop---don't have that either. Problem is we need Rondo to trade for that center, perhaps Cousins and get Evans too in free agency if possible. It'll be easier to get a PG than a   center and we are doing well now w/o Rondo & would be a threat with this team now with a shot blocking/rebounding 10+ center. Then with rebound 2nd chances we wouldn't need shoot 45-50% to win.

Sections
Shortcuts