Orlando/Boston Trade Chatter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Orlando/Boston Trade Chatter

Philly says no thanks to Embiid at #3.  Orlando grabs Embiid at #4.  Orlando trades Embiid to Boston for #6 and #17.

*I’m not saying that I like this idea, but this is something that Hennigan is reportedly discussing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Orlando/Boston Trade Chatter

Do not overpay for Love or the unproven Embiid.    Our 6 and 17 will bring value to our teAM.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I would do that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Heck Yeah I'd do that....hope it comes about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

This would be a great scenario for the Celts! Embiid would be the best pick for them imo... He would fit well with Rondo, Bradley, and Sullinger. That would be a great start to the rebuild and also would possibly make it quicker depending on how Embiid pans out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Sign me up!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to nightrider495's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This would be a great scenario for the Celts! Embiid would be the best pick for them imo... He would fit well with Rondo, Bradley, and Sullinger. That would be a great start to the rebuild and also would possibly make it quicker depending on how Embiid pans out.

[/QUOTE]

The magic words - "how Embiid pans out"!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Embiid could end up being another Greg Oden. He is not a franchise changer like Duncan was in SA or when Bird was in Boston. I would like to see them go with #6 and #17. Still not a good team but making improvements. I also agree not selling your soul for Kevin Love. He doesn't have the cast here in boston. Do like OKC did and build through the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Embiid could end up being another Greg Oden. He is not a franchise changer like Duncan was in SA or when Bird was in Boston. I would like to see them go with #6 and #17. Still not a good team but making improvements. I also agree not selling your soul for Kevin Love. He doesn't have the cast here in boston. Do like OKC did and build through the draft.

[/QUOTE]

i'm fine with building through the draft, but that means trading rondo and probably green. which is fine. just get as much as you can for both.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'm fine with building through the draft, but that means trading rondo and probably green. which is fine. just get as much as you can for both.

[/QUOTE]

INDEED...one more vote for dumping Wee Devilman PG and Mr. Green Jeans

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This would be a great scenario for the Celts! Embiid would be the best pick for them imo... He would fit well with Rondo, Bradley, and Sullinger. That would be a great start to the rebuild and also would possibly make it quicker depending on how Embiid pans

out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The same could be said for any player drafted really. You could draft the healthiest college player and they could have a career ending injury the day after the draft. I just like what Embiid could possibly bring to the table.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't have a problem with green or rondo. they just don't need to be here if we're not going to rebuild quickly. if we rebuild fast, they fit right in. if not, they don't. simple as that.

a starting 5 of rondo-stephenson/bradley-green-love-asik, for example, would be able to do some damage in the playoffs. but if we're going to draft 2 or 3 young prospects and develop them, there's no need to keep rondo and green around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Greg Oden had one leg longer than the other, making the chances for injury and microfracture surgery MUCH higher than a person with two equal length legs.

From everything I have heard Embiid's medicals checked out and he actually could have played if Kansas made it to the Final Four.

He won't be Olajuwon, but a 7' Ibaka with a crazy wingspan/reach right off the bat who develops into a 16-18ppg center based on his quick learning curve, soft hands, solid jumper to 15' and naturally great footwork/spacing in the post would be well worth picks 6 and 17. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't have a problem with green or rondo. they just don't need to be here if we're not going to rebuild quickly. if we rebuild fast, they fit right in. if not, they don't. simple as that.

a starting 5 of rondo-stephenson/bradley-green-love-asik, for example, would be able to do some damage in the playoffs. but if we're going to draft 2 or 3 young prospects and develop them, there's no need to keep rondo and green around.

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Trade 6 and 17 for Embiid

Trade Rondo for pick 7, Nash (retires) and Kendell Marshall, draft Smart

Trade Green and Bass to the win-now Hornets for pick 24, Biyombo and the expiring contracts of Gary Neal and Haywood.

Draft Robinson III or Early 24th

C - Embiid, Biyambo, Faverani

PF - Sully, Olynyk

SF - Wallace, Robinson III or Early, Chris Johnson

SG - Bradley (extended 5 years), Smart, Babb

PG - Marshall, Pressey, (Smart as well of course)

Tankapalooza II in 2015

By 2016-17 a team with four top 10 picks 2011-2015 and another seven guys drafted between 13 and 24 in the 2010-2015 drafts, tons of cap space, two more picks in 2016... and EVERYONE being under 25.... will be ready to make some noise! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This would be a great scenario for the Celts! Embiid would be the best pick for them imo... He would fit well with Rondo, Bradley, and Sullinger. That would be a great start to the rebuild and also would possibly make it quicker depending on how Embiid pans

out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The same could be said for any player drafted really. You could draft the healthiest college player and they could have a career ending injury the day after the draft. I just like what Embiid could possibly bring to the table.

[/QUOTE]

Dare I say....  Len Bias??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So...who gets traded for Love? Who gets traded for Asik? You really think scrubs and draft choices bring back both Love and Asik? Not-A-Chance!

Trade Wee Devilman PG and Mr. Green jeans.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

If we want them badly enough, it can happen. We have lots of draft picks and lots of contracts. 3 first rounders for love, plus sully and junk to make it work. One first rounder to Houston for asik, plus junk to make it work. The many of our guys are not über-desirable, but those 1st round picks are. Sully, oly, bass, hump are all potentially tradable. Even green and Bradley if need be. Like I said, I'm good with either route we take, but there are clearly two routes. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

how is Embiid going to last until the 4th pick?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

How is Embiid going to last until pick 4?  There's two players in this draft with equal talent and without fractured backs.  And the team picking third used a lotto pick on a Center, last season.  Plus, some of these GM's that make decisions based on Youtube seem to think Dante Exum is pretty good.

I still think Embiid will slide down to 5.  Why wouldn't he?  The exact same scenario unfolded last season, and Nerlens Noel (Chad Ford's #1 pick) slid down to 6.