Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now.

Orlando will NEVER trade Bynum for Howard straight up. NEVER. Howard has proven his health, Bynum has not. Nice pipe dream troll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : 'nuff said.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Reggie Lewis wore #35 and Len Bias was a Terrapin, not a Wildcat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

It's Kobe's fault!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Face first on the ground. 'nuff said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : 'nuff said.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

What a jerk!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : Reggie Lewis wore #35 and Len Bias was a Terrapin, not a Wildcat.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Ha, typical Laker fans, even when being hateful and immature they are ignorant about the sport and get their facts wrong

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm just not seeing why people are such fans of Dwight Howard.  Sure he's a good defender, but I don't see him as any better than Tyson Chandler, and I see chandler as a better character guy.  Howard has trouble scoring if the opponent has any size in the middle.

If you use him, you about have to go with the four shooter perimeter approach and let howard roam the boards.  You can't really penetrate with him always in the lane.  I don't see him fitting well with the lakers really.

I'd rather have tyson chander, amare, and maybe even bynum the way he's playing this year.  I think whomever gets him will likely overpay and it will be a disaster for that franchise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The Lakers are coming up on a crossroads. I'm not entirely sure building around Bynum shouldn't be the priority. A risk to be sure, but the upside could bring more titles. Regardless, its too soon to make that call - Bynum needs to show he can play injury free the whole (shortened) season. The only deal I'd make now is for a PG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers are coming up on a crossroads. I'm not entirely sure building around Bynum shouldn't be the priority. A risk to be sure, but the upside could bring more titles. Regardless, its too soon to make that call - Bynum needs to show he can play injury free the whole (shortened) season. The only deal I'd make now is for a PG.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Good post from a Laker fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just not seeing why people are such fans of Dwight Howard.  Sure he's a good defender, but I don't see him as any better than Tyson Chandler, and I see chandler as a better character guy.  Howard has trouble scoring if the opponent has any size in the middle. If you use him, you about have to go with the four shooter perimeter approach and let howard roam the boards.  You can't really penetrate with him always in the lane.  I don't see him fitting well with the lakers really. I'd rather have tyson chander, amare, and maybe even bynum the way he's playing this year.  I think whomever gets him will likely overpay and it will be a disaster for that franchise.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I agree about the "fit" part.  You can't have more than one alpha male in the locker room, and let's remember, Howard is NOT Bynum.  He will demand the ball.  And on that team, with Mr. "I eat first" and Mr. " I do what I do"  it might NOT be a good fit!!  Totally agree!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : I agree about the "fit" part.  You can't have more than one alpha male in the locker room, and let's remember, Howard is NOT Bynum.  He will demand the ball.  And on that team, with Mr. "I eat first" and Mr. " I do what I do"  it might NOT be a good fit!!  Totally agree!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more wrong about this post.
    Howard has never averaged more then 13.4 fga per game. Some of those are from offensive rebounds. He is not a player that needs the ball.

Bynum is getting to the point where he is demanding the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : You couldn't be more wrong about this post. Howard has never averaged more then 13.4 fga per game. Some of those are from offensive rebounds. He is not a player that needs the ball. Bynum is getting to the point where he is demanding the ball.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Of course you are correct - silly me - why do I bother trying to argue with one as knowledgeable as you........

Of course - shooting fouls are not counted as FGA, you know that, right?

The man is also averaging 9  FTA per game in his career.  So, let's be conservative and say that is another 4 shots.  Well, now we are up to 17 "touches"  per game.

Until this year, Bynum was averaging 7 shots per game.  He has averaged 15 so far this year, and as you say, he is starting to complain......
    So, of course you are correct.  Dwight Howard, who has averaged 18 points a game in his career will be VERY content to come to LA and be the third wheel behind koME and Gasol.  What was I thinking?  He's been the man on his team since he was 18 years old - same as koME.  Yep, I can't see ANY problems there, both Howard and koME are known league wide for their professionalism, and team play!!  Yep, why do I bother arguing with you at all??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I don't believe Bynum has complained at all this season, Russ. Did you read this somewhere?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Why do you think Howard wants to leave Orlando?
    He wants to have a chance at a championship and better marketing opportunities.
    He doesn't have a very good chance at a championship because Orlando does not have very good players.
    When you don't have good players, your best player gets the most shots.
    Who else can consistently score besides Howard?
    I would think he would be happy to have 13 fga/game while playing with Kobe and Pau.
    Also, look at Howard's fga/game is years past. They are very low (10-12) for a superstar player.
    He is a defender first and offensive player second.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Why do you think Howard wants to leave Orlando? He wants to have a chance at a championship and better marketing opportunities. He doesn't have a very good chance at a championship because Orlando does not have very good players. When you don't have good players, your best player gets the most shots. Who else can consistently score besides Howard? I would think he would be happy to have 13 fga/game while playing with Kobe and Pau. Also, look at Howard's fga/game is years past. They are very low (10-12) for a superstar player. He is a defender first and offensive player second.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

So, IN YOUR OPINION, he would be happy going to LA.  Just like IN MY OPINION, I could see some tension...............but of course that makes JUST ME wrong, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Carmelo all lost fga when they decided to play with other superstars. They knew this would happen but they chose to do it anyway.
    Howard could easily get the same fga's per game with LA then he does with Orl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe Bynum has complained at all this season, Russ. Did you read this somewhere?

From the LA Times, Jan 3:

Bynum appeared so frustrated with not receiving enough looks that Bynum ripped off his tucked jersey as he entered the locker room at halftime. Jason Kapono didn't see a wide-open Bynum under the basket at the end of the half.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : So, IN YOUR OPINION, he would be happy going to LA.  Just like IN MY OPINION, I could see some tension...............but of course that makes JUST ME wrong, right?

He would be happier playing for a team that can win a championship.
    Orlando is a first round playoff loss waiting to happen and Dwight knows it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : He would be happier playing for a team that can win a championship. Orlando is a first round playoff loss waiting to happen and Dwight knows it.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

You really buy all that " I want to win" garbage these kids say?"  He's already said he'd play for NJ!!  aka  - the Clippers of the East Coast.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : From the LA Times, Jan 3: Bynum appeared so frustrated with not receiving enough looks that Bynum ripped off his tucked jersey as he entered the locker room at halftime. Jason Kapono didn't see a wide-open Bynum under the basket at the end of the half.
    I read that too. With all due respect, "appearing frustrated" and "complaining" are two very different things. Many players get frustrated, but few openly complain because they are aware of the trouble it would create.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : I read that too. With all due respect, "appearing frustrated" and "complaining" are two very different things. Many players get frustrated, but few openly complain because they are aware of the trouble it would create.

Forget it - I starting reading your comments again, and try to do you a favor, and now you're using semantics on me!!  Back to ignore you go!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : You really buy all that " I want to win" garbage these kids say?"  He's already said he'd play for NJ!!  aka  - the Clippers of the East Coast.

Why would Dwight stay with Orlando? They are going nowhere for years to come.
    It sounds like you just don't want him to go to LA and you will make up any theory to back your point.
    He will probably traded and I don't think Orlando is going to take back the softest center in the league in Lopez and 2 first round picks from NJ. A package around Bynum might be the best they can get. If Bynum keeps up this pace, Orlando might not get much else besides Bynum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : Why would Dwight stay with Orlando? They are going nowhere for years to come. It sounds like you just don't want him to go to LA and you will make up any theory to back your point. He will probably traded and I don't think Orlando is going to take back the softest center in the league in Lopez and 2 first round picks from NJ. A package around Bynum might be the best they can get. If Bynum keeps up this pace, Orlando might not get much else besides Bynum.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Howard would stay in ORL if they don't trade him.  They want to keep him.  The deadline is March 15 - a ways off yet.  I don't care where he goes, I just like to be right....:)  and I have said he will stay in ORL.  I don't think he helps the lakers as much as some do.  I think it's a lateral move, as Bynum is probably just as good.  IF Bynum goes down, the deal is off.  Also, watch DAL  - he said he will play there, as well.   He's not leaving 25 mill on the table just to go play with koME.  ORL, btw, is 5-2 right now

They do NOT have to trade him - it's THEIR choice, not his.  Also not really his choice WHERE he goes.  They could trade him to Siberia if they wanted!!

I don't think you are a fan of any team - you just hate the Celtics!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Bynum for Oden, striaght up

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Dallas could be in the mix for Howard but who do they have that Orlando would want in a trade? Other then Dirk, they have older players that are on the downside of their career.

It is true that I do not like your team in green but I do respect them.