Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now.

Of course Orlando doesn't have to trade Howard but he could and will probably walk away and Orlando gets nothing for him this summer. I don't know if Orlando wants to take that risk. He has already publically said he will not resign with Orlando. He could change his mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now.:
    Of course Orlando doesn't have to trade Howard but he could and will probably walk away and Orlando gets nothing for him this summer. I don't know if Orlando wants to take that risk. He has already publically said he will not resign with Orlando. He could change his mind.
    Posted by mtrax

He has also stated he WOULD resign there - he is being very smart right now.  If ORL gets nothing for him, that is their problem.  And, again, as a FA, he can get 4 years and 76 mill from any team, while the team he is ON (ORL) can offer him FIVE years and 101 mill!!  He will not walk away from that, despite what he says - IN MY OPINION!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : He has also stated he WOULD resign there - he is being very smart right now.  If ORL gets nothing for him, that is their problem.  And, again, as a FA, he can get 4 years and 76 mill from any team, while the team he is ON (ORL) can offer him FIVE years and 101 mill!!  He will not walk away from that, despite what he says - IN MY OPINION!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Bro, take a deep breath and relax.  Now you probably would've said the same thing about Lebron and Bosh teaming up with Wade for 16 mil each in Miami either!  But guess what, they did!  They left a lot of money on the table, can we agree on that?  DH can get the best of both with money and winning, but not in Jersey nor does Dallas have anything that's tradable.  That nut in Clipper land has not had a winning team in many years and now all of a sudden he's going to open up the check book with 25 mil to DH?  What do you think Paul's going to want if that happens, probably something close.  Doubt is Warriors can pull anything off either.  Lakers assets still look attractive.  Enjoy! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : Bro, take a deep breath and relax.  Now you probably would've said the same thing about Lebron and Bosh teaming up with Wade for 16 mil each in Miami either!  But guess what, they did!  They left a lot of money on the table, can we agree on that?  DH can get the best of both with money and winning, but not in Jersey nor does Dallas have anything that's tradable.  That nut in Clipper land has not had a winning team in many years and now all of a sudden he's going to open up the check book with 25 mil to DH?  What do you think Paul's going to want if that happens, probably something close.  Doubt is Warriors can pull anything off either.  Lakers assets still look attractive.  Enjoy! 
    Posted by greeneater2

lakers, ATL and GSW all look attractive to ORL.  He has said New Jersey is his first choice.  Also, you conveniently fail to mention that both DAL and NJN will have money next year to sign him outright.  Who said anything about taking a pay cut?  Here is my promise to you - if Dwight Howard gets traded to the Los Angeles Lakers and agrees to ONE CENT less than a max contract extension, I will stop posting here under any name for good!!
    Enjoy!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It's Kobe's fault!
    Posted by 21st

First thing KOME thought about while watching Bynum on the floor was" I get more shots"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Red, why would Howard be asked to take less then maximum money if traded anywhere? Yes, there is more incentive to get traded by 3/15 and sign for the max or sign for the max through a sign and trade at the end of the season.

We already went through Joe Johnson's horrendous contract. I can't see him going there.

Is a package based around an injured Steph Curry better then a package built around Bynum? Curry won't be traded before his ankle problem is resolved. He might be out for a while to get this ankle problem resolved.

Even if Lopez didn't break his foot, that NJ package doesn't seem to be real attractive to Orlando.

Ultimately, I think Howard will go to LA for Bynum, 2 first round picks and maybe Ebanks. LA might have to use part of their trade exception from Dallas to take back Chris Duhon.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

YOur Laker deal is not enough in value.  those 1sts are worthless

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Dwight sells tickets?
    LA sells out every game already.

Is the pathetic Brook Lopez package better?
    If Bynum continues playing this way or better, Orlando won't get too much more then Bynum and picks.

I don't hear anyone else suggesting what LA would have to give up for Howard.
    Don't even say Bynum and Gasol because that is ridiculous and LA has said that is not happening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

And don't give me that crap about Bynum being "beasley".  Dwight Howard sells tickets!  Andrew Bynum is a thug! If there are 1 million Dwight Howard jerseys sold worldwide, I doubt there are 100,000 Andrew Bynum jerseys out there. It's like trading Tom Cruise for Steven Seagal. Both those actors will kick  a s s, the problem is more people would pay to see Mission Impossible than Above the Law. You LA trolls should know better. After all, your team is in Hollywood.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Now you guys speak well of Howard. That figures. Celtics fans have complained for years how dirty he is and have complained about his elbows.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Dallas can't sign sign Deron and Dwight to max contracts even if they amnesty Haywood.

Fiercest knows all I guess.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Would you rather have Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum if you could pick one as the Celtics center?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : Show a post of mine where I said Dwight is a dirty player. I dare you!
    Posted by Fiercest34

You bore me so I wouldn't be interested in doing so.
    Celtics fans on this forum have hated on Howard for years.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : I would rather have Brook Lopez. I'm pretty sure Lopez would be playing in February and beyond every season.  Bynum injured late in the season in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011. Can you say Sam Bowie?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I respect your opinion of Lopez over Bynum.
    My opinion is completely the opposite.

Bynum had freak injuries not Bowie/Oden/Steph Curry injuries.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Orlando is watching Bynum very carefully right now. : Are you kidding? Here, take a look. http://www.hoopsworld.com/dallas-mavericks-team-salary/ Notice that by 2012 the Mavs only have 7 players under contract. They amnesty Haywood and trade Marion, problem solved.  Odom's contract is non-guaranteed so the Mavs will just let him go. Like I said, you know more than Mark Cuban?
    Posted by Fiercest34

What team under the salary cap is going to take Marion's contract and not send any players back to Dallas knowing that will help Dallas get two max players?
    No team will do that.
    Dallas still has to pay Odom $2.4m even if they don't pick up his option. That goes against their salary cap. 

Mark Cuban had the smarts to give Haywood $55m which adds to the long list of terrible contracts over the last 10+ years that he has given out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

No team would take Arenas with Howard. Don't you think they tried to make that happen? Being over the luxury tax threshold Arenas $20m salary would have cost LA $40m/year with the luxury tax penalty.
    No team has even made a veterans minimum salary offer to Arenas.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts