Orlando Summer League Takeaways from Sat. 7/5 Magic-Sixers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Orlando Summer League Takeaways from Sat. 7/5 Magic-Sixers

Game 3 Magic-Sixers: I think everyone was surprised by Noel's efficiency.  He's got a ton of upside, but he's also built like a girl and probably will see a lot of time on the IR.  Oladipo, like KO, is still awesome.  But his new colleagues (Gordon and Payton) looked terrible.  Starting with Gordon here, the C's may have dodged a bullet when he wasn't available.  At 6'9 I think he's going to struggle to guard most SF's and doesn't have the strength or to play the post on offense.  Gordon looked frustrated, like a fish out of water.  He can't get to the basket because, like they do with Rondo, teams are conceding the jumpshot to him.  Gordon is a very, very long way from being a starter.  Payton- Of all the 1st rounders who played yesterday, Payton may have been the most disappointing of them all.  Not only does his shooting suck, but so did his ball-handling and passing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: Orlando Summer League Takeaways from Sat. 7/5 Magic-Sixers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Payton looked really bad.  I know it is early but still.  Noel did not get in good position to rebound for a center, maybe needs to add weight.  Right on with Gordon, I think I will always cringe from now on when a prospect is described as great athletic tweener who does not have a polished offensive game (in other words, cannot shoot).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Gordon is fine. He already knows he has to dribble penetrate and work on his J offensively. He has the handle to get to the free throw line all day. Thats how his career will start off. 

As a slasher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Noel is in for an awakening, of the bruising kind, when the big boys dawn their jerseys in November!

He looks FRAGILE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Gordon will be able to guard any sf in the nba.