Oscar Robertson - is he kidding?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Oscar Robertson - is he kidding?

Saw interview with the Big O. Asked to compare Lebron to MJ, his face put on a look... then said Lebron is in a class all by himself.

Im assuming he meant Lebron is the best player ever and not Lebron is in a class of egomaniacs who havent won a thing, by himself.

Everyone entitled to their opinion but frankly, my opinion of the Big O's opinion is there's something personal involved with it.

I watched Lebron last night vs the Hawks. Same old, same old. Hogging the ball, lowering his shoulder and crashing the lane... still getting all the calls. Hes a great player, no doubt, but not in the league of MJ, Larry, magic, Russ and alot of others.

Is the Lebron & NBA HYPE MACHINE  so strong it blinds people?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Oscar Robertson - is he kidding?

It could be the Big O is biased because he played in Ohio most of his career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Roberson was a guard and he is concerned about his place in history. If Michael is worse then O is better. Lebron is not a threat at forward.

You hear the same stuff about KG from Cowens. He sees KG as a threat to his legacy as top Celtic big man. It is much easier for him to compliment guards.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Big O may be getting senile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Until proven otherwise, LeBron is a rich-man's Charles Barkeley: big, deceptively athletic for his size, little outside game, and succeeds by barreling his way into the paint like a fullback (except LeBron also gets to stiff-arm people...)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Oscar Robertson - is he kidding?:
    Saw interview with the Big O. Asked to compare Lebron to MJ, his face put on a look... then said Lebron is in a class all by himself. Im assuming he meant Lebron is the best player ever and not Lebron is in a class of egomaniacs who havent won a thing, by himself. Everyone entitled to their opinion but frankly, my opinion of the Big O's opinion is there's something personal involved with it. I watched Lebron last night vs the Hawks. Same old, same old. Hogging the ball, lowering his shoulder and crashing the lane... still getting all the calls. Hes a great player, no doubt, but not in the league of MJ, Larry, magic, Russ and alot of others. Is the Lebron & NBA HYPE MACHINE  so strong it blinds people?
    Posted by Karllost

People get old Karl. That doesn't mean their perspective is any less relevant and can be more relevant but people are human. They all have their idiosyncracies and their biases. Who knows? Maybe one time Oscar was watching a show and someone asked Jordan who he thought were the five best guards in NBA history and Jordan didn't mention Oscar {which he should have.} Maybe Jordan didn't sign an autograph for Oscar's grand kid. Maybe Lebron played golf with Oscar and was very nice to him. Who knows? Hear me out. In a way Lebron is in a league by himself. Other than Wilt Chamberlain {at his time playing the game} there had never been anyone with the physical dominance of Lebron. So big, so strong, so quick, so fast, so athletic and skilled. Lebron is a physical freak. I would argue that in his own way Michael Jordan was a "freak" also. Michael was 6'6" 205 lbs early in his career {he became more of a post player and power player in his 30's and gained weight.} However, Michael was  very strong for a guy who weighed 205 lbs. Michael also had unbelievable endurance. His level of physical fitness was "off the charts." This enabled him to play at "peak intensity" for protracted periods at BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT. Michael had extraordinary jumping ability. I don't know what his vertical was but he could literally "climb." He also was a "quick jumper" who could go up quickly two or three times bing, bing, bing while his opponents were gathering themselves. He also had unbelievable body control while in the air...............To tell you the truth. Despite all the hyperbole, I don't believe "most" experts or knowledgable fans believe Michaels "title" of "the best ever" is endangered by Lebron at this point in time. People say alot of things but I think most "basketball people" if you gave them the choice of one Championship series with Jordan on their team or one Championship series with Lebron on their team...........I still think 85% would choose Jordan. I also think probably 70% would choose Bill Russell over Lebron so he has a ways to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sellgoods. Show sellgoods's posts

* http://www.itemsellout.com

* Jame shoes $30--39

* Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

* Jordan Spizike shoes $35

* Jordan 2010 shoes $40

* Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35

* Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35

* Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

* AF tshirt $15

* Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30

* Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16

* New era cap $15

* FREE SHIPPING

*http://www.itemsellout.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Oscar Robertson - is he kidding?:
    In Response to Oscar Robertson - is he kidding? : People get old Karl. That doesn't mean their perspective is any less relevant and can be more relevant but people are human. They all have their idiosyncracies and their biases. Who knows? Maybe one time Oscar was watching a show and someone asked Jordan who he thought were the five best guards in NBA history and Jordan didn't mention Oscar {which he should have.} Maybe Jordan didn't sign an autograph for Oscar's grand kid. Maybe Lebron played golf with Oscar and was very nice to him. Who knows? Hear me out. In a way Lebron is in a league by himself. Other than Wilt Chamberlain {at his time playing the game} there had never been anyone with the physical dominance of Lebron. So big, so strong, so quick, so fast, so athletic and skilled. Lebron is a physical freak. I would argue that in his own way Michael Jordan was a "freak" also. Michael was 6'6" 205 lbs early in his career {he became more of a post player and power player in his 30's and gained weight.} However, Michael was  very strong for a guy who weighed 205 lbs. Michael also had unbelievable endurance. His level of physical fitness was "off the charts." This enabled him to play at "peak intensity" for protracted periods at BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT. Michael had extraordinary jumping ability. I don't know what his vertical was but he could literally "climb." He also was a "quick jumper" who could go up quickly two or three times bing, bing, bing while his opponents were gathering themselves. He also had unbelievable body control while in the air...............To tell you the truth. Despite all the hyperbole, I don't believe "most" experts or knowledgable fans believe Michaels "title" of "the best ever" is endangered by Lebron at this point in time. People say alot of things but I think most "basketball people" if you gave them the choice of one Championship series with Jordan on their team or one Championship series with Lebron on their team...........I still think 85% would choose Jordan. I also think probably 70% would choose Bill Russell over Lebron so he has a ways to go.
    Posted by walton

Great post, makes alot of sense.

Sometimes it justs get to me listening to some people falling all over themselves about Lebron. Im still trying to fogure out why hes the strongest guy on the court. Sure, he gets up shots in the lane after getting clobbered but what is it he does that he gets a label like this? His rebounds arent usually where hes boxing out a bigger man..so wheres it come from, I dont get it.

His offense is improving but really, his range and finesse moves are very limited. Its mainly drives to the hoop from 1/2 court, after killing ost of the 24 second clock and lets face it, he gets tons of calls, some legit, many BS!

I dont think his game elevates his team all that much. Anytime someone dominates the ball so much, it cant be good for the team. He did same thing against the Hawks the other night.

Anyway, imo Lebron shouldnt even be mentioned alongside of the real greats. To me, hes just not there. Barkley was a great, great player... actually unreal for his height. Hes usually left out of the discussion of all-timers cause he never got a ring. But if Barkley had possession of the ball as much as Lebron, if he had cart blanche to do as he pleased offensively, his stats would be astronomical.  Lebron gets awesome stats but remember, hes putting up all the shots, making all the passes.. his numbers should be up for the amount of time he handles the ball.

For me theres Russ, Magic, Larry, MJ, Wilt, Kareem, Big O & West.. maybe Shaq moves into that category... then theres the rest including Kobe on the outside looking in. Lebron not in the discussion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Please never mention Lebron's name in the same sentance with Russell, Kareem, Magic, MJ, Bird. In basketball, besides physical abilities, you must have heart (or soul or drive or whatever you want to call it). Those guys had it, Lebron does not.
    Sure, on the outside he's extremely talented physical freak, but on the inside he is a looser.

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Terrific post by Walton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Oscar Robertson - is he kidding?:
    Hi, Please never mention Lebron's name in the same sentance with Russell, Kareem, Magic, MJ, Bird. In basketball, besides physical abilities, you must have heart (or soul or drive or whatever you want to call it). Those guys had it, Lebron does not. Sure, on the outside he's extremely talented physical freak, but on the inside he is a looser. AK
    Posted by sinus007

Sinus, unfortunately the NBA and ESPN have Lebron as their posterboy. So, every season we have to listen to how great he is, watch specials on Lebron.. heck, even on espn when they do highlights of the HEat, all they show is 90% Lebron baskets.. then a 45 second comment about him.

This kind of press is what politicians jam down our throats to get elected.. and its why so many are saying Lebron is greatest of all time. So ridiculous sometimes I wonder how stupid and gullable people can be

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

LeBron charges everytime he goes into the lane but the bought and paid for Refs rarely call  the charging call against him, Kome gets the MJ extra step allowed without a dribble and again the Freaking refs fail to call him on the traveling call. If a Celtic even looks at an official it's a technical and now they have the boot the Celtics out of the game rule!! The WWE is at least honest about the legitimacy of their product, every match is rigged and they are proud of it. The NBA and David Sterns are hiding behind the shield of respectability of which there is none.

Sections
Shortcuts