Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen?

This guy is a fairly tenacious 2/3 who gets a lot of rebounds for his size and is a good defender.  I don't know what it would take to get him away from Washington but I don't think it's very much at all since he's undrafted.  He might be welcome minutes relief for ray/paul. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4711

on some level, i don't even know why i try to think about these things; given lots of alternatives to keep ray's minutes down last year, doc still played the wheels off of ray, over 35 mins per game.

oh well, it's an idea.  i am certain this guy is cheap and saw a couple games he played in late in the season.  not sure about offense but he is a slasher, can leap and defends well, gobbles rebounds.  perfect role player type.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen?

In Response to Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen?:
    This guy is a fairly tenacious 2/3 who gets a lot of rebounds for his size and is a good defender.  I don't know what it would take to get him away from Washington but I don't think it's very much at all since he's undrafted.  He might be welcome minutes relief for ray/paul.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4711 on some level, i don't even know why i try to think about these things; given lots of alternatives to keep ray's minutes down last year, doc still played the wheels off of ray, over 35 mins per game. oh well, it's an idea.  i am certain this guy is cheap and saw a couple games he played in late in the season.  not sure about offense but he is a slasher, can leap and defends well, gobbles rebounds.  perfect role player type.
    Posted by aciemvp

OK... so he can slash. And he can jump. And he can defend. And he can 'bound.

No mention so far.... But does he have TA's keen BBIQ?

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen?:
    In Response to Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen? : OK... so he can slash. And he can jump. And he can defend. And he can 'bound. No mention so far.... But does he have TA's keen BBIQ? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Hahaha

This is why I'm in favor of trading up to get Marshon Brooks.  Guy is 6'5" with a 7'1" wingspan, meaning just by virtue of his body he can bother people on defense.  And the offense ran through him at Providence, where he put up 26 points per game on 48% shooting

But he'll be long gone by #25

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen?:
    In Response to Re: Othyus Jeffers- the new Tony Allen waiting to happen? : Hahaha This is why I'm in favor of trading up to get Marshon Brooks.  Guy is 6'5" with a 7'1" wingspan, meaning just by virtue of his body he can bother people on defense.  And the offense ran through him at Providence, where he put up 26 points per game on 48% shooting But he'll be long gone by #25
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

yeah and corey brewer is 6-9 with a 7 plus wing span.  not having much of a career yet.

the suggestion i made is born out of the stark reality that we are SCREWED on the lux tax no matter what and jeffers woudl be a low money signing, low risk, almost all upside even if he only duplicated 5.7 and 4 in 18 minutes.

he's tenacious, cheap, hustles, slashes, leaps and gets boards.  i don't care if he has tony allen's b-ball iq.  innovative signings is where this team has fallen flat.  von wafer- good signing, then you don't play him.  so are we going to sign him again to not play him again or find someone who dok blithers will play? 

i dunno.  not even worth thinking about it i guess

Sections
Shortcuts