Our own defense beat us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Our own defense beat us

The Bulls played great smothering physical defense and we didn't have an answer for it. We created the monster and now the we can't beat the monster.

Rondo is regressing. KG isn't playing physical. The age can be seen in this team each game. Why even play Pavlovic if he's not going to be a spot up shooter...play Wafer. Green is to timid on offense.

I'm not sure what has happened with this team but I hope the break before the playoffs they figure things out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Our own defense beat us

Sad but true, BiasLewis.
    Another point, unrelated to your thread title, but maybe at this point in time worth reflecting over.
    When DA traded for KG and RA, there was a consensus that it gave the Celtics a 3 year window of opportunity. 
    We are now in year 4.
    I guess we'll see over the next month or two whether the Celtics can still get through that window or whether it's slammed shut on them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

If we see the Bulls in the playoffs, we definitely better find a way to get off jumpshots QUICKLY. The Bulls are so good at rotating and chasing shooters off the 3-point line.

The Celtics couldn't get off a decent shot with a defender running at them all night.

Gotta give props to Thibs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is to be expected as Thibs was with us for 3 years and knows are players inside and out and DID bring this defensive philosophy with him when he came here.  So number 1, they should be playing better defense as the guru is their 1st ahnd to teach it, and 2nd of all, he knows the strenghts and weaknesses of all our players, and Doc has not coached anyone on the Bulls team, so he does not have that advantage that Thibs has.  So its almost like Thibs has the sideline film and knows the calls and Rondo admitted as much. It happens...we shall see if it puts them over the top

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

man the Bulls look scary watching the game last night and it was like they were toying with us.Like they could just do whatever they wanted to do and you can't stop us. Not good at all I've been a celtics fan for 45 years and love the C's but I don't feel very good about facing this team in the playoofs I hope I'm very very wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well Doc is going to have to outcoach him. It's time for Doc to show his worth as a coach and get the most out of everyone not just let the Big 3 manage how the games turn out.

I'm so sick of Rondo standing at the top of the key just waiting for RA to come off screens. DO SOMETHING WITH THE BALL. Move the ball or penetrate. He is wasting so many possessions and we're getting bad shots as the shot clock expires or guys are taking the wrong shots.

West has been playing better than Rondo. We need Shaq badly even if it's just to put someone on their butt. Teams are just dancing down the lane to the basket.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

too many t/os from Rondo trying to create the spectacular play.  I think Doc threw in the towel early. IF JON goes longer we can attack Boozer with him, cuz they had Noah on K.G., but JON isnt really there yet offensively, but he will get better each game, and if we were to meet , it would be ECF"s, so plently of time for JON to be in a groove, but we had matchups that we didnt exploit enough, IMO,   maybe Doc didnt want to show much....but if Shaq is there everything changes

9. This post has been removed.