Our Team Will be too old to compete!!! Remember the Over-The- Hill Gang???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Our Team Will be too old to compete!!! Remember the Over-The- Hill Gang???

I'm 71 and play competitive USTA tennis tournaments & beat most people my age at my level. But I also beat people 15-20 years younger and, sure, I use slices, topspin, drop shot, lobs etc. & mix up my game but because of experience, I many times beat a younger more athletic player.

I know it's football but I remind everyone of the following when I read posts that the Celtics will be too old.

The average age of starters was 31 years old. However, Allen's strategy turned the Redskins around as the team improved to a 9-4-1 record in 1971, and finished the 1972 season with an NFC-best 11-3 record. The retooled Redskins' nine victories in 1971 was the most by a Washington team in 29 years. In his seven seasons with the club, Allen and his veterans produced seven winning records, five playoff appearances, and one trip to the Super Bowl.

AMEN !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Our Team Will be too old to compete!!! Remember the Over-The- Hill Gang???

I remember it well......I am a Rams fan and I hated to see George get forced out of LA.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Our Team Will be too old to compete!!! Remember the Over-The- Hill Gang???:
    [QUOTE] I'm 71 and play competitive USTA tennis tournaments & beat most people my age at my level. But I also beat people 15-20 years younger and, sure, I use slices, topspin, drop shot, lobs etc. & mix up my game but because of experience, I many times beat a younger more athletic player. I know it's football but I remind everyone of the following when I read posts that the Celtics will be too old. The average age of starters was 31 years old. However, Allen's strategy turned the Redskins around as the team improved to a 9-4-1 record in 1971, and finished the 1972 season with an NFC-best 11-3 record. The retooled Redskins' nine victories in 1971 was the most by a Washington team in 29 years. In his seven seasons with the club, Allen and his veterans produced seven winning records, five playoff appearances, and one trip to the Super Bowl. AMEN !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

-

Youse ain't 71, ya ol bag-o-bones, youse 17 in disguse.

"I use slices, topspin, drop shot, lobs etc. & mix up my game but because of experience, I many times beat a younger more athletic player."

In udder werds youse a cheater!!!  U frum LA?  I's tellin King James on youse!!!

Ifin youse didnt use experience an udder cheatin tactics, like lobbin topspins & stuff at yer young'un opponnents ya prolly culdnt win wit out dat mixed up game.

Yer wins R all Tainted,my fren -- age is no x-cuse fer cheatin.   Wink

I's jus hope dese ol Celtics takes a page er too outta yer book.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Our Team Will be too old to compete!!! Remember the Over-The- Hill Gang???:
    [QUOTE] I'm 71 and play competitive USTA tennis tournaments & beat most people my age at my level. But I also beat people 15-20 years younger and, sure, I use slices, topspin, drop shot, lobs etc. & mix up my game but because of experience, I many times beat a younger more athletic player. I know it's football but I remind everyone of the following when I read posts that the Celtics will be too old. The average age of starters was 31 years old. However, Allen's strategy turned the Redskins around as the team improved to a 9-4-1 record in 1971, and finished the 1972 season with an NFC-best 11-3 record. The retooled Redskins' nine victories in 1971 was the most by a Washington team in 29 years. In his seven seasons with the club, Allen and his veterans produced seven winning records, five playoff appearances, and one trip to the Super Bowl. AMEN !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

I for one am fond of veteran teams and I have always scoffed at those who for 3 years have claimed that the Celtics were too old.  WRONG!!!  They were only 4 points from a title!

Age, & with it's brother,  experience are two of a number of intangibles that are nigh impossible to quantify, and as Mando pointed out, there are numerous examples across the spectrum of sports where age and experience were assets.

As irritating as it is to hear people say that the C's are too old, we got to learn to take it with a grain of salt as it comes from the mouths of know-nothings and they've been spouting this foolishness for years now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Like Aaliyah said "age ain't nothing but a number". Even though I think Shaq is way waaaaay past his prime, he's still effective in a smaller role and is easily in the top 3 of back-up centers. The Celtics probably only have one more good year out of this group, after that I would try to rebuild around Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree with you.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

sorry this is all bull, the bulls were older....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Remember the 2010 NBA finals?

...boy did they look old?

The team was six minutes, a torn up knee, and a recovering knee away from winning banner number 18.

My guess is that twenty eight other teams wish they were that good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

KB24RULS,

17 to 16..

CELTICS 17
    FAKERS 16...

BAck to you...hey first loser is respectable

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

REMEMBER its all ABOUT THE RINGS

KISS THE RINGS...

17 to 16...

ahahahhaha

BOSTON 17
    fakers 16

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Ouch, seeing that head to head graph makes my poor Laker-fan head hurt lol

Sections
Shortcuts