OUR THREE YOUNG BIGS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

OUR THREE YOUNG BIGS

Sullinger, Ko, and Fav with a year of experience will be fine.  Rondo at point gives us a all star paired with Sullinger and Green.  What we need is a stud 2.  Sullinger is ahead of KO and Fav but they will catch up with playing time.  Green is a good fourth option.  Rondo, stud 2, Green, Sullinger and Fav or KO could be a tough team.  IF we get something out of the draft or a trade, let it be a stud 2. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: OUR THREE YOUNG BIGS

When Rondo returns, give him 10 games and if we improve , you might be right.  A bird in hand is worth more than a bird in the tree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Crawford is beginning to look like he would be a good backup for the 1 and 2.  He may be a keeper also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think that's pretty spot on. 

i mean, if you can get a great big, then cool - but I think you've put together a pretty good roster there and identified the biggest need - a great two. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not sure. Sully maybe starter material, but Kelly isn't a good starting center. No defense from the center position isn't a good contender in my mind. Sully and Fav with Kelly off the bench? I don't think that's the answer either. Kelly needs more time to adapt and develope. Until I can get a better read from him, he looks like a bench player on a contender to me. Sully does at times too. Too early to tell with all of them. At this point, all are tradable in my mind. Sully being the most valuable. They all need more experience and time. I wouldn't lock any of them in as a mainstay just yet.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure. Sully maybe starter material, but Kelly isn't a good starting center. No defense from the center position isn't a good contender in my mind. Sully and Fav with Kelly off the bench? I don't think that's the answer either. Kelly needs more time to adapt and develope. Until I can get a better read from him, he looks like a bench player on a contender to me. Sully does at times too. Too early to tell with all of them. At this point, all are tradable in my mind. Sully being the most valuable. They all need more experience and time. I wouldn't lock any of them in as a mainstay just yet.

[/QUOTE]

That's why if the Celts can't get Jabari Parker, I think the Celts should pick Joel Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

I like Embiids' potential, game, and attributes, but know nothing of his mindset. If he's a competitor... grab him up with a quickness! I don't care about his scoring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sullinger, Ko, and Fav with a year of experience will be fine.  Rondo at point gives us a all star paired with Sullinger and Green.  What we need is a stud 2.  Sullinger is ahead of KO and Fav but they will catch up with playing time.  Green is a good fourth option.  Rondo, stud 2, Green, Sullinger and Fav or KO could be a tough team.  IF we get something out of the draft or a trade, let it be a stud 2.  

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, both Oly and Fav are very good spot up shooters, if you have a point guard who can create easy shots for them they'll work well in tandem with Rondo because they can clear the lane for him to penetrate and he can dish it back to them for easy jumpers.  I almost want to assume that Ainge was building this roster with Rondo in mind.

Sully is a banger who can provide us with tough, lunch pail type play and consistent offense, the player he reminds me most of is a young Karl Malone, I hope he continues to progress that way and build his strength so his body can handle the rigors of an NBA career.

We could really use a superstar at the 2 or 3 and depth behind them but this roster is not as far off as most analysts and some poster's here think...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say it but, you're wrong. The Celtics are not looking for "fine". We need an allstar big. If Sully becomes an Allstar next season, then that will work. Otherwise we need a dominant big. All recent championship teams and current contenders have one: KG, Duncan, Noah, Hibbert, Ibaka, Aldridge, Lopez ...

We need an allstar big.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why if the Celts can't get Jabari Parker, I think the Celts should pick Joel Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a huge risk. Anytime you pick a raw big, its a huge risk. 

A smell Fab Melo all over again...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

When Rondo returns,we will see better numbers for everybody,especially for Favarani, and Oly,Rondo is watching them every game,so, I think he knows where they should get the ball.I agree,our main need is a good shooting 2.Maybe Marshoon Brooks time will come if he improves his defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Rondo returns,we will see better numbers for everybody,especially for Favarani, and Oly,Rondo is watching them every game,so, I think he knows where they should get the ball.I agree,our main need is a good shooting 2.Maybe Marshoon Brooks time will come if he improves his defense.

[/QUOTE]

stopbeingsoft.

I'm a huge Rondo supporter, but he's not a freaking Wizzard. Rondo will return and get us more wins, but he alone will not elevate the Celtics to a playoff contender. We need two allstar caliber players. One can be a shooting guard or SF but one must be a big. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joel Embiid is better than Fab Melo. Now they could both turn out to be the same, but just watching his highlights against Iona, Embiid is clearly the superior player. First highlight he puts the ball on the deck He actually calls for the ball when he knows his has a mismatch. There's a move where he spins baseline to create space. He goes up and under, and finishes with the right hand. Nice move there. He knows how to get good position on the post. Granted it's Iona (not a bad college team, but zero pro potential), but I liked a lot of what he did. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1lgI-8np7w

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

Joel Embiid is better than Fab Melo. Now they could both turn out to be the same, but just watching his highlights against Iona, Embiid is clearly the superior player. First highlight he puts the ball on the deck He actually calls for the ball when he knows his has a mismatch. There's a move where he spins baseline to create space. He goes up and under, and finishes with the right hand. Nice move there. He knows how to get good position on the post. Granted it's Iona (not a bad college team, but zero pro potential), but I liked a lot of what he did. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1lgI-8np7w

[/QUOTE]

I got to admit, you're right.

Embiid is looking really, really good. My favorite plays were the two blocks:

On the first block he immediately rebounded the ball, turned and threw an outlet pass for the fast break 

On the second block, he contests the first attempt, blocks the put-back it off the backboard to his teammate to rebound. He immediately turns and begins the fast break, sprinting ahead of ALL HIS TEAMMATES

I'm salivating. And that's not even mentioning the Euro-step from THE ARC!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why it's really important to know this guys mindset. Fab clearly didn't have the right mindset to be a center in the pros. He was too nice, goofy, and appeared to think he was entitled (which is why he apparently didn't work really hard at it. Maybe he thought his size was all he needed). Gotta do your homework on these kids. There's more to look at then just their game. Wait to see how Embiid is looking come Febuary. I'ld watch his demeanor very closely. Mainly when he's out of the game. However, DA might not wanna take that risk either. He has missed a few good big men in favor of taking a guard in the past (D. Jordan). And with this nice of a pick, you know he'll want a sure thing. Or as close as he can get to it. I can't blame him. And, if Embiid is still a year away, as long as he continues to protect the rim like he does in that clip, I'll wait on him. He's not that far off. He's quick and athletic (unlike Fab). A solid choice as a 5th-8th pick. I'ld be tickled to have him. We still need size.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree almost.

Rondo, stud2, Green, Sully,FA C of the solid if not spectacular variety

with a second team of

Crawford, bradley, Wallace, KO, Fav

now that is a deep, balanced top5 type team for alot of years.  That stud 2 has got to be a Stud though, like top 5 2 guard every year for 10 years type stud.  Think Ray Allen as a minimum.

He must be an outside shooter first, slasher/finisher second and not a defensive liability.  Green can be the primary slasher, Sully and the C are the bangers.

Sections
Shortcuts