Overating Perks Defensive Abilities...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Overating Perks Defensive Abilities...

Just something to point out about Perks prowess on Defense.  It was not the same this year as it was before.  This post is more of a compliment to Big Baby than it is an enditement on Perk.  I have noticed that Big Baby has been our best low post defender this year.  Containing the likes of Lopez, Howard, etc.

Centers that were able to have their way with the likes of Shaq and Perk were atleast slowed down by B.B. and I think he has always done a good job defending bigger guys with his leverage and timing, but has gotten even better so I dont think losing Perk on defense is as big as some make it, cuz Perk was never gonna regain his form this year.  You guys saw him getting his shots blocked, and getting ate up by Howard. Im not just tryna dump on Perk cuz hes not here, but to put the trade in its proper perspective.  Kristic came in and got 6 offensive rebounds, so thats a plus, and remember Perk has a career Rebound average of 6 per game...not exactly Kevin Love type #'s, so with Murphys solid rebound #'s and Baby concentrating more in the post cuz we have Murph to K.G's role, will give us plenty of defense and rebounding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Overating Perks Defensive Abilities...

In Response to Overating Perks Defensive Abilities...:
    [QUOTE]Just something to point out about Perks prowess on Defense.  It was not the same this year as it was before.  This post is more of a compliment to Big Baby than it is an enditement on Perk.  I have noticed that Big Baby has been our best low post defender this year.  Containing the likes of Lopez, Howard, etc. Centers that were able to have their way with the likes of Shaq and Perk were atleast slowed down by B.B. and I think he has always done a good job defending bigger guys with his leverage and timing, but has gotten even better so I dont think losing Perk on defense is as big as some make it, cuz Perk was never gonna regain his form this year.  You guys saw him getting his shots blocked, and getting ate up by Howard. Im not just tryna dump on Perk cuz hes not here, but to put the trade in its proper perspective.  Kristic came in and got 6 offensive rebounds, so thats a plus, and remember Perk has a career Rebound average of 6 per game...not exactly Kevin Love type #'s, so with Murphys solid rebound #'s and Baby concentrating more in the post cuz we have Murph to K.G's role, will give us plenty of defense and rebounding.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You probably don't remember and were not posting here but there was a poster who once actually posted here that "Perk allows KG to be KG" basically saying that if Perk were not the post defender that he is that KG would not be the defender he is.

The two most overrated players perhaps in Celtics history are Rondo and Perk.  No two players have benefitted more from who they play with than Rondo and Perk.

Rondo is averaging 3.5 ppg in the last two games - all-star?  LMFAO.

Perk is out 3 to 4 weeks and could actually get back into action and find that the is the third best center on the team in OKC.

I remember a lot of posts on this board several years ago how Al Jefferson was a perennial all-star and how Perk was some sort of defensive-almost-all-star-defensive-low-post-something or other.  Posters will not face the music when they posted over and over again how "the sky is the limit", etc.  Big Al has never even been in the playoffs and has not even come close to being an all-star.  There was one a hole that used to post here about how much Big Al was than Aldridge.  Aldridge is widely viewed as the biggest all-star snub whereas Big Al's best teammates are Jack, Jim, and Johnny.

Over the years I have posted that both Krstic and Pachulia are both better than Perk and I kept reading about how Perk this and Perk that and all of the wonderful qualifiers "defensive this" - "defensive that"......  People love to make qualifiers so that their opinion is somehow validated and makes themselves feel better about players that are nowhere near as good as they would like to believe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Overating Perks Defensive Abilities...

In Response to Re: Overating Perks Defensive Abilities...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Overating Perks Defensive Abilities... : Dudder, I'm all talked out about Perk.  You are officially my mothpiece, as we feel exactly the same.  Before the trade my friends and I, tired of mentioning his name, renamed him "Enron" for being a fraud. Our views on Rondo differ, but that's for another day.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Rondo continues to be the worst shooter in the league and as Doc has encouraged him to be more offensive he has shown how offensive he really is....... 

he leads the league in assists by 1 per game (not the 100 or so that some would have you believe).....  Rondo is the beneficiary of "if you say it enough it must be true" - for example Rondo is the best rebounding point guard in the league - Westbrook is the only player in the league averaging 23 ppg, 8 assists, and 5 boards.  Rondo leads the league in steals - well unless of course he doesn't and ummmm he doesn't, etc.

he is a very very good passer and a tremendous athlete but his assists come from having 4 hall of famers to pass the ball to and notice how his assists have reduced tremendously since Shaq has been hurt....

My formula goes something like this - 4 assists per game by avoiding / passing up wide open uncontested jumpers that are a normal routine part of any decent point guards game, 4 assists per game because of who he has the privilege of passing the ball to, and 4 assists because that is what point guards do....

In a few years he will have 4 starters along side who have never and likely will never be in an all-star game as opposed to being all-stars every year and he will continue to be the worst shooter in the league and oh by the way his assists will be a third of what they are now and he will be a back up. 

Any objective observer can look around the league at the actual best point guards and see that they make their teammates better.  Every fan in the country can name the players that Rondo passes the ball to because they were in the hall of fame before Rondo came into the league but as a result of who they are CP3, Williams, Nash, Kidd, Rose and a whole bunch of others their teams make the playoffs and you probably cannot identify the four hall of famers on their rosters....ummmm because there are none.

Sections
Shortcuts