Owners want Amnesty Clause

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Owners want Amnesty Clause

This may turn out to really help the Celtics if it's for 2 players.

KG and RA could give the C's salary cap relief and then resign to end their careers with the Celtics.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/report-owners-plan-two-amnesty-clauses-in-new-cba/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Owners want Amnesty Clause

I would think they'd use it on Pierce and Green....or Rondo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

What a joke.  There are plenty of candidates across the league that this provision would be fit to use on.  Guaranteed contracts really kill the NBA (and MLB), and the owners can't be saved from themselves...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I have to believe there will be some caveats to that rule, like you cannot re-sign your own "amnesty" player(s).  And if there were no restrictions, to use something like that on KG would be huge, but we'd have to be ready to lose him if he's offered something from, say, Miami or LA.

If KG gets his $21 million AND his freedom to sign anywhere, I would not be surprised if he ended up elsewhere.  It's not personal, just business.  Can you imagine what Lebron or Kobe or Howard would do to court him to join them?  KG would love that and be able to decide wherever he wanted.

KG is as loyal as the next guy but when it comes to business, loyalties go out the window.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Owners want Amnesty Clause:
    [QUOTE]I have to believe there will be some caveats to that rule, like you cannot re-sign your own "amnesty" player(s).  And if there were no restrictions, to use something like that on KG would be huge, but we'd have to be ready to lose him if he's offered something from, say, Miami or LA. If KG gets his $21 million AND his freedom to sign anywhere, I would not be surprised if he ended up elsewhere.  It's not personal, just business.  Can you imagine what Lebron or Kobe or Howard would do to court him to join them?  KG would love that and be able to decide wherever he wanted. KG is as loyal as the next guy but when it comes to business, loyalties go out the window.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

If he got his money, I think he'd be more inclined to stay under the right circumstances, especially if the Celtics could add a couple more pieces

Same goes for Ray Allen

I can't imagine either of them on the Lakers after how bitter the loss was and how much of competitors they are

They're not like LeBron.  I think they'd rather beat their competition than join them.

However, amnesty might mean the Magic can cut a couple of their monstrosity contracts and convince Howard to stay

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Owners want Amnesty Clause:
    [QUOTE]This may turn out to really help the Celtics if it's for 2 players. KG and RA could give the C's salary cap relief and then resign to end their careers with the Celtics. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/report-owners-plan-two-amnesty-clauses-in-new-cba/
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

what do you want, KG to play to 40?  he's deteriorating at a noticeable rate each year, 1200 or 1300 games into it.  fair is fair but writing a stupid contract spread out over five years is just as stupid as writing one for two years. 

it's getting to be time to start over.  without KG, Ray and Paul, they're older now.  this year, if it happens, is the curtain call.

Sections
Shortcuts