Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!:
    I agree with you.....in fact, I've been telling her that since last year....she is a classy and well informed girl.....she certainly knows her stuff......the objectivity is off the charts....
    Posted by Duke4

I didn't know Ruworthy is a lady. She truly is a lady as she's well spoken and has class. I always enjoy her blogs also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!! :  RUWorthy, is almost as nice and as easy to get along with, as i am.
    Posted by kyceltic

you got that right.Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Gasol and Odom are wearing down. No Bynum and no Ratliff is taking it's toll. They've had a soft schedule so far so they should be worried.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I'd be very worried if I had to rely on a guy like Ratliff, who last played significant minutes and 50+ games about 5 years ago.  I'm sure Bynum will help, but it may take a while for him to get back into game shape.  The Lakers need another big body, not sure where a serviceable one materializes from. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Any shot clock excuses in this one or did Phil accept his team got beat this time?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Any shot clock excuses in this one or did Phil accept his team got beat this time?
    Posted by DFURY13

No, Artest failed to call timeout, that's why they lost, according to the (not) greatest coach in history!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I dont' agree.  I love reading people who give the lakers heck after laying an egg like they did last night. Lakers are looking tired all of a sudden. They have had a much easier schedule to date, and are tied with the C's at least in losses.
    Posted by cole-ely

Just reminding Celtics fans that we also haven't played San Antonio, the Lakers, Orlando, Hornets, Utah or Denver yet.  Don't start criticizing the Lakers until you see how the Celtics do against the best teams in the NBA.  (I just listed the teams by their standings in the NBA.) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!! : Just reminding Celtics fans that we also haven't played San Antonio, the Lakers, Orlando, Hornets, Utah or Denver yet.  Don't start criticizing the Lakers until you see how the Celtics do against the best teams in the NBA.  (I just listed the teams by their standings in the NBA.) 
    Posted by susan250

The Lakers haven't played San Antonio or Orlando I dont think.  Really doesn't matter anyway I am sure we will lose a few games and catch grief from Laker trolls around here.   Have to take your shots when you get them because you can count on them spewing when we lose.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

we'll be alright cause we have 5 allstars on our starting team and good depleted bench for now  In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!! : Just reminding Celtics fans that we also haven't played San Antonio, the Lakers, Orlando, Hornets, Utah or Denver yet.  Don't start criticizing the Lakers until you see how the Celtics do against the best teams in the NBA.  (I just listed the teams by their standings in the NBA.) 
    Posted by susan250

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

its a month into the season. don't count your chickens before they hatch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

i don't think anyone is counting chickens.  I am sure there are around 6 teams out there that think they can win it all.  I happen to believe we have a little better than average at doing it, assuming we are healthy.  There are some good teams out there. I watched OK city, and NO tonight.  Both of those teams could get hot and beat anyone.  The thing that sticks out with us is our defense and probably San Antonio and surprising the Mavericks.  The Mavs finally have a defensive minded center and they also have a lot of firepower.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I appreciate the help from the pacers. we need homecourt and right now both teams have 4 losses which is fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The Lakers play poorly when Kobe dominates the ball. His shooting touch has suffered since he refused to have his broken finger repaired. Monopolizing the shots hurts the Laker team and Bryant has reverted back to some of his bad habits the last 2 games.

Theo Ratliff was a wasted roster spot. The guy was never more than a shot blocker & rebounder. But he has neither and that was a horrible decision made by Mitch. Blake & Barnes have been pluses. Artest is playing like a slug at the moment.

But I expect the Lakers to right their ship when Bynum gets back in the next 2 to 3 weeks (his timetable). Drew is looking good in his workouts, going 4 on 4 today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!! : Man I wish you were a Celtic Fan.  You are objective and easy to get along with.  Too bad anti Laker comments have to include you. I bet we could sit down and have some good basketball talk. 1/1
    Posted by OneOnOne

For sure! Could talk about basketball for hours.

Thanks for the kind words everyone Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I'm not to concerned about our current form. Could be better, but then we could be Miami. Both we and the Miami do have an upside to our current form though.

With both the Lakers and Celtics both teams will play well when it matters the most which is the play offs. When we get there and if all our players are available we should have a good run.

On current form Utah and San Antonio are the best teams in the West. Though I think we can get up there, along with the Thunder. Dallas are a surprise, but can they really maintain this form?

Dallas are the type of team that will blitz the regular season but could crash out in the first round. They just have that vibe about them. It's all well and good to have your team having it's own little blitzkrieg on the league in the regular season. But you don't want to have your team playing play off calibre basketball except in exceptional games; such as rivalry or key conference games. Otherwise, and particularly with some young teams (think of that Sonics team that lost to Denver in round one years ago) the team will be burned out by May. And have ambush victim written all over them.

Both the Lakers and Celtics players get this, especially guys who've been to the finals. They're veteran teams who really do need to leave gas in the tank for the finals. Plus they know finals are not won in November or December.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!! : For sure! Could talk about basketball for hours. Thanks for the kind words everyone
    Posted by RUWorthy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

You're welcome.....as was said earlier...you are a classy lady and a knowledgeable fan......you are always welcome over here....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Gasol and Odom are wearing down. No Bynum and no Ratliff is taking it's toll. They've had a soft schedule so far so they should be worried.
    Posted by BiasLewis

We're laughing at you guys cause YOU ARE the ones posting about a Laker loss. We know we'll have some clunkers, just like you guys did in losing to the Cavs.

Like Tim Legler said "Laker fans don't need to worry cause they'll be there in the end". He knows that once Bynum and Ratliff are back, it will all work out. Pau and Odom will get more rest and the train will keep rolling. Come playoff time, the Lakers will be the most rested team. That's ALL ABOUT our depth.

You guys should be worried about how long JON and Shaq hold up and how long it will take Perk to get back to 100%. Garnett STILL isn't 100%, although he is better than last year...and with another year closer to 40.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Lakers are beginning their slow downward spiral.
    Posted by Kirk6

...and then he WOKE UP!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Posted by susan250

Exactly. The C's have to make their west coast trip and last year they didn't do all that well against the west's contenders. And the west's team are clearly much improved. The Lakers play the other western teams 4 times or more a year, so the Lakers KNOW how to play them. They'll have a much easier time with the Eastern teams and only play them twice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

We should have beat dallas.  We played them as well at home as anyone I've seen since.  I personally believe that dallas will have a great year.  Kind of a wink and nod from Stern to thank them for leading by example in building a huge new arena.

But you know me, I believe the league is marketing-driven and they instruct the referees as such.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It sure took awhile for the trolls to get over that loss to Indy. I mean the night the Lakers lost it was like a ghost town here, so to speak. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Losses are part of an 82 game schedule. True fans see the flaws more acutely than others and will be more critical.

Dallas, Utah, Oklahoma, & San Antonio in the West are for real. Notice I didn't mention Denver. Any one of these teams can come out of the West. To say that the West is weaker than the East is not a regular fan of the NBA. Dallas especially is very deep and will be a formidable challenge. Even lowly Minnesota has gotten significantly better. The Lakers will not have a cake walk by any means.

It should be an interesting season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Pacer stun Lakers!!!!! : We're laughing at you guys cause YOU ARE the ones posting about a Laker loss. We know we'll have some clunkers, just like you guys did in losing to the Cavs. Like Tim Legler said "Laker fans don't need to worry cause they'll be there in the end". He knows that once Bynum and Ratliff are back, it will all work out. Pau and Odom will get more rest and the train will keep rolling. Come playoff time, the Lakers will be the most rested team. That's ALL ABOUT our depth. You guys should be worried about how long JON and Shaq hold up and how long it will take Perk to get back to 100%. Garnett STILL isn't 100%, although he is better than last year...and with another year closer to 40.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Lakers are older than the Celtics.  And no one is playing over 40 mins per game for us.  It may take its' toll, it may not.  The difference is Phil does not sacrifice games in the reg season, Doc will.  Doc will not deviate from his rotation to win a meaningless reg season game.  Phil does that, and instead of letting Caracter play some mins now, he lets Gasol play 44 mins in a meaningless reg season game.  It may take its' toll, it may not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If you were a player, would you rather play for Doc or for Phil?  I know I'd have a hard time swallowing all the sarcasm if I played for Phil.

Sections
Shortcuts