Parsons Available (RFA)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Parsons Available (RFA)?

A future core of guys who are all currently under 25:

Shooters:

Parsons and Young - we'll assume 40% from 3. Both are average defenders but do offer great size for SG/SF positions at 6'7" and 6'8" (conservatively, Young is still growing and Chandler is listed at 6'9")

Shot blocking rim defending athlete:

Capela

Unique offensive skill set high bball IQ guys:

Sully and Olynyk

Bulldog defenders of either guard position:

Smart and Bradley

Add in whatever top 5 pick we get next year and a top 10 pick the year after that and this team should be ready to explode on the league before the 2016-17 season. The summer before that they will also have TONS of cap space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A future core of guys who are all currently under 25:

Shooters:

Parsons and Young - we'll assume 40% from 3. Both are average defenders but do offer great size for SG/SF positions at 6'7" and 6'8" (conservatively, Young is still growing and Chandler is listed at 6'9")

Shot blocking rim defending athlete:

Capela

Unique offensive skill set high bball IQ guys:

Sully and Olynyk

Bulldog defenders of either guard position:

Smart and Bradley

Add in whatever top 5 pick we get next year and a top 10 pick the year after that and this team should be ready to explode on the league before the 2016-17 season. The summer before that they will also have TONS of cap space.

[/QUOTE]

I like that team!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't we already have a SF who is putting up nearly identical numbers? Parsons ain't putting us over the top. He a complimentary piece. We already have such pieces. What we lack is a star centerpiece. Acquiring a star (or trading away some of our older complimentary pieces) should be the focus at this point. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but they also need a rim protecting, rebounding "5" or they'll go absolutely nowhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For what we would have to pay Parsons, i would just as soon stay with Green.  When Green brings his A game, he's a much better player than Parsons.  Yeah i know, he doesn't bring his A game enough, well maybe next season he will.

[/QUOTE]

You know better than this! He's NEVER going to change, he's consistently inconsistent...he needs bipolar medication!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For what we would have to pay Parsons, i would just as soon stay with Green.  When Green brings his A game, he's a much better player than Parsons.  Yeah i know, he doesn't bring his A game enough, well maybe next season he will.

[/QUOTE]

You know better than this! He's NEVER going to change, he's consistently inconsistent...he needs bipolar medication!

[/QUOTE]  You're probably right, but i was comparing him to Parsons. If Green was played for the Rockets last year he would have been the third best player on the team and would not have had to try and carry them. That would put him at his best. On the other hand if Parsons played for the Celtics last year and had to be the best player, he would have been way worse than Green in my opinion.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Parsons is either going to stay with Houston or be traded to Minny in a bigger deal for Love.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  You're probably right, but i was comparing him to Parsons. If Green was played for the Rockets last year he would have been the third best player on the team and would not have had to try and carry them. That would put him at his best. On the other hand if Parsons played for the Celtics last year and had to be the best player, he would have been way worse than Green in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

You really that ignorant?

Obviously you didn't do research.

If the Rockets picked up Parsons 900k, he would become an Unrestricted FA next season!

Here:

The Rockets hold a $960,000 option on the fourth and final year of Parsons' contract for the 2014-'15 season, but want to avoid letting Parsons, 25, become an unrestricted free agent next summer. As a restricted free agent in July, the Rockets can match an offer sheet and retain Parsons on a long-term contract.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-will-decline-chandler-parsons--option-making-him-a-restricted-free-agent-022721563-nba.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-will-decline-chandler-parsons--option-making-him-a-restricted-free-agent-022721563-nba.html" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--rockets-will-decline-chandler-parsons--option-making-him-a-restricted-free-agent-022721563-nba.html

Ummm... duh? Thanks for pasting some info I obviously knew in your way of avoiding the fact that you were owned on the topic.

Who cares if the Rockets having picked up his option would make him an UFA next year?

I said it is 'NOT like he is a player having his QO not picked up and becoming an UFA now'

His being a RFA is BETTER for the Celtics, a team without the cap space to sign him (as you said) then either his being an unrestricted free agent OR having his 900k option picked up.

The Rockets declining that option puts Parsons in the most likely situation where a player would be used in a sign and trade and that is pretty much the only situation in which Boston could send Houston the pieces they may want for him.

So it is GOOD news... NOT bad news, like you said Fiercy.

Get it yet?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy, you are literally the blindest and most ignorant person I have had the misfortune of coming across.

You can't make this stuff up. It is simple logic. You really don't get it?

1. The thread is started about the Rockets DECLINING Parsons 900k team option for next season and his becoming a restricted free agent.

2. You say this is BAD NEWS for Celtics fans who wanted Parsons.

Why?

You get that the OTHER OPTION than his being a free agent was his being under contract for 1 more year with the Rockets right?

Now, if the Rockets want to go after guys like Rondo and Green if/when they fail to get Melo or LeBron, Parsons can be SIGNED AND TRADED to Boston at a salary that matches the players we send there (900k doesn't) AND Parsons would be locked up to a long-term deal.

The ONLY WAY this decision is "bad news" to Celtics fans is if you thought that there was a better chance of us landing him while he was under a 1 year 900k contract and that being under such a one year deal where he became an UFA NEXT offseason was somehow better.

So is that what you believe? 

Because that is the only way this current report on Parsons can be considered 'bad news' for Celtic fans.

I'm sure you still will have no idea what is going on and how clueless you look so I can't wait for the next gem you send my way. I'm sure it will involve some topic changing.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Celtics Blog:

Starting tomorrow, we will get a first hand look at whether this year's free agency period can live up to the madness of the past couple of weeks. The Celtics, to whatever extent they can, will be involved and it's safe to assume that they will continue to pursue a trade for a name like Kevin Love or, if unable to satisfy the Minnesota Timberwolves' demands, possibly someone like Houston's Chandler Parsons, as the Rockets continue to try to clear the deck for a run at either LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, or both.

Sections
Shortcuts