Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook

Fascinating!!!!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook:
    [QUOTE]Fascinating!!!! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

NOT.....

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Well... maybe!

Instead of a Top 5 team going against a bottom 1/3rd team (Hollinger 5 vs 22 ranking) featuring PGs with very contrasting styles and skill sets....

... Say if Westbro and Rondo could pick up sides prior to the tipoff.... aw forget it.

Nothing here.

I want my NBA League Pass money back.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

It will be another loss regardless.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : I thought I was the one who's doom and gloom. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You're doom, OneOnOne's gloom!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : I thought I was the one who's doom and gloom. Ha Ha

I wouldn't be surprised if they lose tonight. It would be great to see the Celtics win tonight and beat an elite team.   I always look forward to any games against Oklahoma City since Kevin Durant is my favorite NBA player.  They are currently one of the best teams in the Western Conference and many believe have a good chance this season to make it to the NBA finals.   Although, it is too early to make this prediction. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]  I always look forward to any games against Oklahoma City since Kevin Durant is my favorite NBA player. Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

KD makes me a OKC fan.  So smooth and a deadly shooter, who steps up in the clutch.

One of the few NBA players I look forward to watching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/How-do-Rondo-Westbrook-stack-up?blockID=632002&feedID=10424

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo only 2 points in the 4th qtr and no FT attempts the whole game. Leadership and passing is just not enough.

5 dimes though in the 4th.

But yes.... he passed up shots and failed to take it strong to the hoop with the game winding down and the lane open for him.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : 5 dimes though in the 4th. But yes.... he passed up shots and failed to take it strong to the hoop with the game winding down and the lane open for him. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

when in the 4th did he pass up shots and open lanes?? please tell me one time he did that? all i saw him do is grab rebounds and move quickly down the court to distribute to Pietrus or PP at the 3 pt line.

who won todays matchup? Westbrook, but dont make false accusations.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : Jamez, you can't deny the fact that Rondo has not been effective in 4th qtrs. this season.

as a scorer, absolutely he hasnt been. but is that really his role on this team?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Westbrook beat Rondo by knockout.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : All great PGs should be scorers when the team needs them to be. Like CP3, there are games when CP3 just hands out assists and he lets his teammates do all the scoring. But there are times when your teammates are having an off night and the offense becomes stagnant. That's where the PG should take over.  Rondo's poor FT shooting and lack of an outside shot prevents Rondo from becoming a complete PG. 
      I agree.  Rondo does not have daggers in his arsenal like CP3 D williams and Rose.  I wish we had anall around PG even Felton is better than Rondo.  We also need to shake up the big 3.  We did played better tonite bit now Rays game is off and for some reason Bass is off too.  We will get it togethere i feel it But rondo needs to step up his jumpers and more control in the second half  He seems to be out of control in when we are trying to catch up or making  a run..  I love Pietrus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : All great PGs should be scorers when the team needs them to be. Like CP3, there are games when CP3 just hands out assists and he lets his teammates do all the scoring. But there are times when your teammates are having an off night and the offense becomes stagnant. That's where the PG should take over.  Rondo's poor FT shooting and lack of an outside shot prevents Rondo from becoming a complete PG. 

i guess in todays game its that way..a traditional point guards job was to do exactly what Rondo does. i know this and im only in my early 20's. everyone sees pg's like Rose and Westbrook score alot, but wat they dont factor in is who else is gunna score? for rose, is luol deng gunna carry a scoring load? who even plays the 3 for chicago? for Westbrook, u just saw it, there are two scorers on the team, him and Durant..this makes westbrook a combo 1-2 guard, he has the lights to shoot whenever he wants bc theres noone else to give it to.

when you have pure SCORERS around you like Ray, Paul, Bass etc, your job isnt to be a scoring pg. and if the players werent scoring tonite id understand what you were saying, but Paul and Pietrus both had it going in the 4th for the C's, so what did Rondo do? feed the scorers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook :   I agree.  Rondo does not have daggers in his arsenal like CP3 D williams and Rose.  I wish we had anall around PG even Felton is better than Rondo.  We also need to shake up the big 3.  We did played better tonite bit now Rays game is off and for some reason Bass is off too.  We will get it togethere i feel it But rondo needs to step up his jumpers and more control in the second half  He seems to be out of control in when we are trying to catch up or making  a run..  I love Pietrus
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]

BUT, Fierce, this is where people get ridiculous. making a claim that RAYMOND FELTON is better than Rondo is ludicrous. i dont even wanna reply to rickfox directly, thats how highly i feel about his bball knowledge after that post. Rondo is a top 4 pg in the league and if his foul shooting gets better, he becomes top 2. he cant shoot the 3 ball very well, if thats what you are talking about wen you say outside shot. but again, his jumper is very consistent this season, you cant overlook that.

25. This post has been removed.