Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook:
    In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook :   I agree.  Rondo does not have daggers in his arsenal like CP3 D williams and Rose.  I wish we had anall around PG even Felton is better than Rondo.  We also need to shake up the big 3.  We did played better tonite bit now Rays game is off and for some reason Bass is off too.  We will get it togethere i feel it But rondo needs to step up his jumpers and more control in the second half  He seems to be out of control in when we are trying to catch up or making  a run..  I love Pietrus
    Posted by RickFox17

BUT, Fierce, this is where people get ridiculous. making a claim that RAYMOND FELTON is better than Rondo is ludicrous. i dont even wanna reply to rickfox directly, thats how highly i feel about his bball knowledge after that post. Rondo is a top 4 pg in the league and if his foul shooting gets better, he becomes top 2. he cant shoot the 3 ball very well, if thats what you are talking about wen you say outside shot. but again, his jumper is very consistent this season, you cant overlook that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : Again, don't base it on just tonight, this season Rondo has been ineffective in the 4th qtr. of games. Tonight Rondo only scored 2 points in the 4th. Even when you have other scorers 2 points is just not good enough. It's not like this is the only game where Rondo was not effective in the 4th qtr.
    Posted by Fiercest34

your right about that. i just feel like Rondo doesnt have the same role that a Dwill or Drose does. and i HAVE seen him hit clutch jumpers and score clutch points in the 4th. matter of fact ive seen it at the biggest stage, in the playoffs. are you overlooking wat he has done in the playoffs the past couple season, even with his jumper not as consistent as it is now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : If we base it on the 2008 Celts championship team, Raymond Felton will not be better than Rondo. But if we base it on a bad team, Raymond Felton will be the better PG because he can score, shoot from the outside, drive to the basket, and make FTs. What made Rondo so great in the past is he was playing with the best Big 3 in the NBA. Right now our Big 3 is not even good, that's why Rondo's weaknesses are magnified.
    Posted by Fiercest34

how are his weaknesses magnified when he is having his best season in years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : BUT, Fierce, this is where people get ridiculous. making a claim that RAYMOND FELTON is better than Rondo is ludicrous. i dont even wanna reply to rickfox directly, thats how highly i feel about his bball knowledge after that post. Rondo is a top 4 pg in the league and if his foul shooting gets better, he becomes top 2. he cant shoot the 3 ball very well, if thats what you are talking about wen you say outside shot. but again, his jumper is very consistent this season, you cant overlook that.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Even Collison from the nuggets is better than Rondo.  I do have Bball knowledge.  Rondo is not wanted by the US national team by the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : Even Collison from the nuggets is better than Rondo.  I do have Bball knowledge.  Rondo is not wanted by the US national team by the way.
    Posted by RickFox17

exactly as i suspected. you have none. Collison plays for the Pacers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : Even Collison from the nuggets is better than Rondo.  I do have Bball knowledge.  Rondo is not wanted by the US national team by the way.
    Posted by RickFox17

He quit on them two years ago. Why would they invite him back?

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : This season the Celts are Rondo's team, Rondo is now our best player. But even Rondo being the best player on the team is not enough. Our record is an indication of that. Just take the case of Tony Parker. Parker is also not a great shooter, but he's decent enough to make the defenders guard him everywhere he goes. And he's a decent enough FT shooter.  Rondo can't get away with it, I mean not having an outside shot and at the same time being a poor FT shooter. If your only weapon is only lay-ups then you become a liability. Rondo doesn't even have a floater. There's just too many flaws in Rondo's game.
    Posted by Fiercest34

see now your speaking in terms of wat has happened in the past. in the past ppl have sagged WAY off of Rondo, that is NOT happening this season at all. teams are guarding him. if they do happen to go under the screen, he is taking the jumpers (and making them). 

our record is an indication? tell me, how are Deron William's Nets doing this season? or how bout this, take Kevin Durant off of the Thunder, are they still a main threat in the west? same with DRose. these guys have HELP, and you guys have said it on your own, Rondo is getting NO help. he is putting up the same numbers that posters on here said would win us a championship, back when the big 3 didnt stink it up every night. you are trying to say we are losing bc Rondo isnt doing enough and that isnt fair..look at his numbers this season and they are rite up with any elite pg in this league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : His numbers are going down. That 31-point game against the Knicks raised his scoring average. If you look at Rondo's turnovers, 4.09 per game, it's at its highest in his career this season. His FT numbers are also down, only 59%. And Rondo's been ineffective in the 4th qtr of games this season. In the 4th qtr the game slows down. That's where you need a jump shot or a floater to score. There will be less lay-ups in the 4th.  You saw how Westbrook and Rose killed the Celts in the 4th qtr, with 3-pointers, right? 
    Posted by Fiercest34

his numbers arent going down at all. idk where you are getting that. rondo to, 4.09. D Rose, 3.2. Russell Westbrook, 3.5. all in less minutes then Rondo logs. and neither of them have the ball as much as rondo does. 

your view that these other guys are perfect players is severely flawed, and the numbers are close. PP is our closer, he always has been. D rose doesnt have a closer. d will doesnt have a closer. R Westbrook has Durant, and thats why Durant USUALLY has the ball in his hands at the end of games, not RW. you saw it tonite and assume thats what happens every game, but you dont watch the games like i do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

besides the fact that Rondo is conserving his body right now..he turns it WAY up in the playoffs, everyone knows that. and in the playoffs what have we seen? Rondo getting big steals, assists, and BUCKETS in the 4th qtr.

also, answer this question. what other elite pg in the nba calls all the plays, gets everyone in the right spot, leads huddles, etc? PLEASE tell me ONE.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : If we base it on the 2008 Celts championship team, Raymond Felton will not be better than Rondo. But if we base it on a bad team, Raymond Felton will be the better PG because he can score, shoot from the outside, drive to the basket, and make FTs. What made Rondo so great in the past is he was playing with the best Big 3 in the NBA. Right now our Big 3 is not even good, that's why Rondo's weaknesses are magnified.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Bingo  Thats what I am taking about.  Rondo has been exposed when he is not surrounded by scorers or players who are in their prime and can ball

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : You can defend Rondo all you want, but it won't change the fact that Rondo is not fundamentally sound. Rondo has been outplayed by the likes of Jarrett Jack and Darren Collison. I mean come on!
    Posted by Fiercest34

ohhh so the best pg in the league dont EVER have bad games..NVR outplayed. OKAY, see you shoulda told me that, then i would have understood. bottom line is Rondo is so unique bc he can dominate a game without even shooting the basketball. commentators, analysts, everyone has said it. fans that dont want him to fail know this. if nothing else they know this bc they have seen it. 

diff between rondo and the other guys is rondo has showed up on the BIGGEST stage of all and proved himself. haters forget about it, or brush it off. but its proof right there that you can absolutely dominate a game without having a great 3 pt shot or a great ft%. proof is in front of your eyes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : exactly as i suspected. you have none. Collison plays for the Pacers.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Well I meant  Lawson same last 3 letters form their last name  from the Nugetts but Collison from Pacers is good too. I have the NBA league pass and I watched so many good PG s play but i cant keep up with their names but i do like their games.  I have been a Celtic fan since the real Big 3 era

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Pass First vs. Shoot First; Rondo vs. Westbrook : You can post all the youtube videos all you want. It's not going to change the fact that Rondo is not fundamentally sound.  Before you talk playoffs we have to make it to the playoffs first. I'm not a Rondo hater but you're way too biased about Rondo's abilities. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

thats the thing you dont understand about me. if you were to tell me "hey, rondo isnt a good ft shooter." id be like your right. he should be better. if you tell me "hey, rondo isnt very good at 3 pointers." id be like sure, thats rite, it could help if he added that to his arsenal. but fundamentally sound? are you kidding me? his fundamentals are great. everything that he DOES do, he does it at the top of the league. floor general, no other pg does it like him. passing, near the top of the league, shooting, near the top of the league (considering how much he shoots, where he shoots from, look at his percentage), speed and quickness, near the top of the league, dribbling abilities, top of the league, rebounding, near top of the league for pg's, i mean come on. he is a great player! i dont understand how you cant see that. he DOES have flaws, everyone including me does that. but the things he does great greatly outweigh the things he does wrong. and he has led this team many many times, through tougher times then this..thru the playoffs! 

im assuming your not a fan of tim tebow either rite? think hes a terrible qb just bc he doesnt do all the things a traditional qb does. well, im a fan. i understand there are things he needs to work on, but he is a great leader, great effort, heart, can run the ball, etc. and he is IMPROVING. 

you cant knock Rondo just bc he doesnt do things the way other players do them. he doesnt get 25 pts by shooting threes, he gets 25 by cutting into the lane, taking jumpers, and driving to the basket. its still 25 points right? whats wrong with the way he gets his points? and whats wrong with him distributing, getting his teammates involved, and scoring when its needed? across the board, his numbers are better then any elite pg other then D Rose. ACROSS THE BOARD. THAT, is what makes you an ALL AROUND point guard. leadership, distributing, shooting. alot of pg score better then they distribute. with Rondo its the other way around. thats not a bad thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

didn't see the game tonight but I gotta jump in here for a second.  The thing that tends to parallel a pass first point guard is a better over all recognition of the floor, higher I.Q., ability to direct and react to your teammates, and so on...  Westbrook has a tendency, do to a lack of these all important point guard traits, to either neglect or just be unaware of how to most efficiently use the players around him.  This is a big liability, and on a championship capable team, it is a bigger liability than the liabilities of Rondo.  

Case in point, if Westbrook had Rondo's recognition and ability to pass then the Thunder would have been playing in the finals last year, period. Westbrook is a rich man's whatever that guys name is in Milwaukee who played in Italy for a year before NBA action.  Let him shoot his air guns now, Rondo's guns blaze nonstop in the playoffs. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Don't pay attention to Fierce and the Rondo haters ... When the Big Three are replaced (sooner than they think) with young, fast ballers everyone will thank their lucky stars that we have a speedy assist man and wonder how much better he would have been all these years had he not been playing with aging vets. The scoring pace of the Big Three hasn't been very prolific the past two years and we forget the easy buckets they got when they had legs ... now they are mostly a jump-shooting team and Rondo doesn't get them easy baskets any more cause they can't get to the rim as much. Can't wait for the rebuilding and seeing Rondo running the floor with a couple of able bodied scorers to his left and right .... I would be a shame if we got those players and he were no longer here.
    Posted by Mployee8

Make your case to DAinge.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/contact/contact-boston-celtics.html

He is apparently the biggest Rondo-hater of them all trying to shop Rondo like he has. He would love to hear from you I'm sure.

Danny needs to hear from posters like you who really understand basketball far better than he does.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts