Pathetic: Dog Doo: Awful: The Cs Stunk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Pathetic: Dog Doo: Awful: The Cs Stunk

Wow. Absolute stunner. Just when you think the Cs have a winning formula it all goes out the door. What an awful loss. This 76ers team, I give them credit, but are not in the same league as Boston. Boston gave them game 2 and now game 4. Just awful. Rondo cluelessly dribbling. Allen just stinks. And remind me why Bradley is in? That loss just made no sense. The Cs could not rebound nor how many layups in the 4th alone did they give Philly. Just left such an awful taste in your mouth after watching such a dismal display. And once again, Doc just letting in all happen. This team can be so frustrating to watch. As fans we just never know which team or players are going to show up. Its the playoffs, no excuse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Pathetic: Dog Doo: Awful: The Cs Stunk

FIXED. FIXED. FIXED....

NBA its Stern-tastic!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Doc, time to wake up and play the bench a bit more. Time to start coaching to win games. That game was just a horrible horrible loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So you didn't like the game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Pathetic: Dog Doo: Awful: The Cs Stunk:
    So you didn't like the game?
    Posted by LloydDobler

Sorry lloyd, sometimes you have to vent without taking it out on other posters. Losses are easier to take when your team doesn't cough over a 15 point lead to then lose by 9. But I will be right back in front of the TV monday cheering them on and of course coaching from my couch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This was horrible loss that could have turned the tide in this series. The Celtics have to play game five at home like an elimination game now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Pathetic: Dog Doo: Awful: The Cs Stunk : Sorry lloyd, sometimes you have to vent without taking it out on other posters. Losses are easier to take when your team doesn't cough over a 15 point lead to then lose by 9. But I will be right back in front of the TV monday cheering them on and of course coaching from my couch.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Nah, I was just injecting some levity. Chances are I let loose several more four-letter words than you did tonight, unless you're the reincarnation of Sam Kinison.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

That was disgusting. What a disgraceful performance. You couldn't even script that.  So tired about hearing how Philly can't hang wit us, blah, blah, blah.  These guys gave away another game, deserve every criticism they get and are no better than the team on the other side. It's 2-2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I understand your frustration - it was a tough loss, one of the worst of the "new big three" era. Felt real good for a good chunk of the game and then, the wheels fell off and how. 

However:

" This 76ers team, I give them credit, but are not in the same league as Boston."

I actually don't agree with this. A couple years ago I would have, but I don't think an improved Rondo makes up for the impact of aging/injuries on Pierce, Allen of course, and to some extend KG, who can't great every night. 

The Sixers are athletic, very tough defensively, much younger, and add to that have one of the best two guys coming off the bench in the entire league. 

There's a reason why they are in this series. 

Having said that, you never blow a 17/18 point playoff lead - never. 

So on that point I could not agree more. 

On the other hand I think they can still pull this out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I understand your frustration - it was a tough loss, one of the worst of the "new big three" era. Felt real good for a good chunk of the game and then, the wheels fell off and how.  However: " This 76ers team, I give them credit, but are not in the same league as Boston." I actually don't agree with this. A couple years ago I would have, but I don't think an improved Rondo makes up for the impact of aging/injuries on Pierce, Allen of course, and to some extend KG, who can't great every night.  The Sixers are athletic, very tough defensively, much younger, and add to that have one of the best two guys coming off the bench in the entire league.  There's a reason why they are in this series.  Having said that, you never blow a 17/18 point playoff lead - never.  So on that point I could not agree more.  On the other hand I think they can still pull this out. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

True. A better way to have stated "not in same league" would have been I think the Cs are the better team even with aging Cs players. And they should never blow a lead like that. But I also think they will still win the series. It would just be nice to do it sooner rather than later for the aging legs. The 76ers definitely get credit. You have to make shots to come back from 18. No doubt about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That loss made me physically ill. I could not believe what I was watching. I sensed early in the first half that this was coming. We were taking quick bad shots, careless with the ball and not getting calls. They were getting call after call and I was saying fouls will pile up and we aren't getting any bench production. This team really does take on the personality of Rondo...up and down, great and then horrible, perplexing and bewildering.

THIS SERIES SHOULD BE OVER! We lost a game on a pick and one we were up by 18 points...inexcusable. I don't believe the Sixers win another game.

With all of that said, I think the C's play better when they don't get 3-4 days rest. I like the every other day schedule. An older team doesn't need that much rest in my opinion, it only slows them down more. I know that goes against conventional thinking but I think they play better with a consistent schedule.

Benches play better at home so I expect more production from them on Monday. Time to stop toying with this team. We win this series 4-2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

That loss made me physically ill. I could not believe what I was watching. I sensed early in the first half that this was coming. We were taking quick bad shots, careless with the ball and not getting calls. They were getting call after call and I was saying fouls will pile up and we aren't getting any bench production. This team really does take on the personality of Rondo...up and down, great and then horrible, perplexing and bewildering. THIS SERIES SHOULD BE OVER! We lost a game on a pick and one we were up by 18 points...inexcusable. I don't believe the Sixers win another game. With all of that said, I think the C's play better when they don't get 3-4 days rest. I like the every other day schedule. An older team doesn't need that much rest in my opinion, it only slows them down more. I know that goes against conventional thinking but I think they play better with a consistent schedule. Benches play better at home so I expect more production from them on Monday. Time to stop toying with this team. We win this series 4-2
    Posted by BiasLewis

I am also very upset at this loss and hope that the Celtics play with a sense of urgency in the next game.  i do believe that the officials did turn the momentum of the game by calling so many fouls against the Celtics.  I mentioned the officiating in several threads last night and still believe that the officiating did contribute to this loss.   It wasn't the only reason that the Celtics lost, but did influence the final score. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I understand your frustration - it was a tough loss, one of the worst of the "new big three" era. Felt real good for a good chunk of the game and then, the wheels fell off and how.  However: " This 76ers team, I give them credit, but are not in the same league as Boston." I actually don't agree with this. A couple years ago I would have, but I don't think an improved Rondo makes up for the impact of aging/injuries on Pierce, Allen of course, and to some extend KG, who can't great every night.  The Sixers are athletic, very tough defensively, much younger, and add to that have one of the best two guys coming off the bench in the entire league.  There's a reason why they are in this series.  Having said that, you never blow a 17/18 point playoff lead - never.  So on that point I could not agree more.  On the other hand I think they can still pull this out. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

At this point I agree with you that we will pull it out, but at what cost we may have to go seven games.  Moving to the next round now will be a challenge as fatigue and injuries build up.  We did this in 08 with Atlanta but we are older and thinner on the bench now. I guess in the end we have to accept it.  Rondo is the one player who is better than he was in 2008 why he did not go to the basket at the end of last night's game is the same mystery as in game seven in the finals in 2010.  Rondo needs to take over in crucial situations.  He can go to the line and we can live with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It's pretty obvious how this went down.  The c's did their work early.  They were on their way to a 25 point lead where the bench could have coasted in.  Then the whistles came fast and furious.

Unfortunately, after having worked so hard early, the c's just didn't have any gas left at the end.  And give the 6rs some credit...they played well at the end.  But they should have never been in the game.

The lakers game was even worse.  Holy cow, that was as blatant as I've ever seen, or at least since game three of the first miami/dallas series.

Last night the winning teams shot (and this is off the top of my head.  someone can correct me) something like 81 free throws combined.  The winning teams shot a combined 31 more ft's than the losing teams.  Do you know what a statistical improbability that is?  And both games were close...it's not like the losing team was taking a bunch of fouls.

Beyond that are the types of calls.  Anybody know where I can find the number of OFFENSIVE fouls called?  If you want to know when the officials are really doing their dirty work, look for the offensive fouls, esp moving screens.  How many moving screens have been called on KG in the playoffs?  Have they ever been called when we were behind?  Nope, that call is made to shift momentum because in effect it's a turnover plus a foul.

In the thunder game, just the sheer NUMBER of fouls slowed the game down and gave the lakers a chance.  Even then, they had to shoot free throws in what seemed like (and again, just off the top of my head) 8 out of 10 posessions at the end.

Mark my words: one of these days someone's going to do a thorough statistical analysis of the nba calls and it's not going to be pretty.  You think stern did a little dance when they looked at racial bias?  Wait until someone comes out with a statistic like 65% of fouls are called on the teams who are winning, or behind in a series.  Things like that.

I firmly believe that this is why you see the c's walking the ball up the court and keeping the game close.  There's just no percentage in getting an early lead in the playoffs.

Finally, before you lakers come in and start in with the "conspiracy theory" talking points, let me head you off.  When your team is on the down side of a 14 or 17ft disparity then you can come talk to me.  That just never seems to happen does it?  In college, the lakers would be called for over the back so many times they would be fouled out in the first quarter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

terrible coaching by dog and terrible offensive plays.....there was countless times where rondo or ray tried to get it into KG when he was double teamed and the ball was stolen leading to a 76ers fast break. mental errors killed the team last night, and the worst part is that doc did absolutely nothing about it, as if that game meandt nothing. bass played well, that is the only positive i took out of that game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The refs did not give the 76ers easy bucket after easy bucket in the 4th. The Cs lack of D did that. Doc's lack of reading the game did that. Stop gambling on Defense. Man up for once and start covering your guy. Stop relying so much on the help side D to do your job. And for the love of basketball, box out your man. If everyone boxes out their man, the ball should hit the floor. Lack of rebounding and individual D lost that game, not the refs. Doc burning out guys like KG lost that game. Doc leaving Allen and Bradley on the court in the 4th lost that game. Stop being loyal to a fault Doc. Start reading the play of the game. Allen had nothing to offer, especially on D. Sorry, he needed to be on the bench. And someone tell Rondo when you drive the lane and you have a layup, take it. Don't pass it back out. Hopefully they got it out of their system. Time to show up on Monday and get a commanding win. And maybe, just once, Doc should try involving the bench just a bit more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not going to put it all on the refs, but I noticed that this could've been a 35 point game at one point and the refs kept a poor shooting Sixer team in the game. THen it started getting physical. The change happened when KG got his tech and that's when things fell apart. I counted 3-4 drives to the basket that we didn't get a call. More importantly I think Doc was not trying to go to the bench because he wanted his horses to get a 3-1 commanding lead on the series. When we built a big lead and they were shooting poor Doc should've had the bench in...no matter if they had got the lead down to 6 pts. So what it's the first half. We ran out of gas when they made their run late and the starters had no legs.

Doc tried to win the game in the first half, when he should've coached to get to the 4th quarter.

I expect Rondo & KG to have huge games on Monday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Pathetic: Dog Doo: Awful: The Cs Stunk":
    I'm not going to put it all on the refs, but I noticed that this could've been a 35 point game at one point and the refs kept a poor shooting Sixer team in the game. THen it started getting physical. The change happened when KG got his tech and that's when things fell apart. I counted 3-4 drives to the basket that we didn't get a call. More importantly I think Doc was not trying to go to the bench because he wanted his horses to get a 3-1 commanding lead on the series. When we built a big lead and they were shooting poor Doc should've had the bench in...no matter if they had got the lead down to 6 pts. So what it's the first half. We ran out of gas when they made their run late and the starters had no legs. Doc tried to win the game in the first half, when he should've coached to get to the 4th quarter. I expect Rondo & KG to have huge games on Monday. Posted by BiasLewis
    Exactly. Even Rondo who is so much younger needs a few more minutes on the bench; as the point guard he gets worn down more mentally than physically, hence the bad decisions in crunch time. Also, Bass has finally come around so his minutes should be back up to30 mins and Pietrus also should have more minutes as he is playing better, but Doc is very deliberate it seems and sticks with game/minute plans.

Sections
Shortcuts