Patric Young of Florida, undrafted free agent.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Patric Young of Florida, undrafted free agent.....

Any word on whether this guy has signed with anyone yet ?

Hard to imagine the Celtics not being interested in him, even if he's not a true 7 footer.....Ben Wallace wasn't either !

Where is Patric Young and has Ainge spoken to him yet ? If not, why not ? It would cost less than what they're paying Vitor Favorani and about what they're paying Colton Iverson , plus the Celtics have their own D League team to give this guy some more seasoning......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Patric Young of Florida, undrafted free agent.....

Its crazy. They have no interest. I think he's with the Pelicans summer league outfit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

He is a Joakim Noah type energy big.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Very good player. However,  I don't believe that Danny Ainge cares much for having a frontline perhaps because he was a guard. ..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Da, with all due respect, your comments on this board make me think you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Yes, everyone is entitled to opinion, and opinion is neither right nor wrong, including mine. But geez, do you ever watch these players actually play? It really seems like you simply don't? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Da, with all due respect, your comments on this board make me think you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Yes, everyone is entitled to opinion, and opinion is neither right nor wrong, including mine. But geez, do you ever watch these players actually play? It really seems like you simply don't? 

Patric young is a Joakim Noah type like Adam Morrison was a Larry Bird type.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Joakim was and is a better passer and ball handler but they both move their feet extremely well for bigs on D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

from the clips I've seen of him and from what I've read, he is extremely athletic, a running big man with a extremely high motor, someone who like to play enforcer

I would think a team with a clear need at center, and a team that has it's own D League franchise, not to mention there are 15 roster spots in the NBA, I would think I guy like Young would draw some interest , just like Colton Iverson did, it will be interesting to see what a year of EuroBall has done for Iverson's game ,  for all we know, Colton Iverson is going to make the Celtics roster this year and be part of the rotation....

So why not try to develop another center ? Even if Patric Young D Leagued for 50 games, it would be great for the Celtics........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

from the clips I've seen of him and from what I've read, he is extremely athletic, a running big man with a extremely high motor, someone who like to play enforcer

I would think a team with a clear need at center, and a team that has it's own D League franchise, not to mention there are 15 roster spots in the NBA, I would think I guy like Young would draw some interest , just like Colton Iverson did, it will be interesting to see what a year of EuroBall has done for Iverson's game ,  for all we know, Colton Iverson is going to make the Celtics roster this year and be part of the rotation....

So why not try to develop another center ? Even if Patric Young D Leagued for 50 games, it would be great for the Celtics........

You would think so, right? We are in no position to snub our nose at talent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

I like Patric Young as well, but he's playing his summer league schedule with the Pelicans. His skill set is that of a defensive minded Center trapped in a PF's body. Maybe he gets a shot with Storks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I like those bruisers at pf/c!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only things similar between Patric Young and Noah is the sport they play, the college they attended and that they both have a 'big motor' meaning they play with energy.

Da's comparison's here are usually insanity.

He is similar to Ben Wallace as far as his body and that Ben was also undrafted. Ben didn't do much of anything his first two years in the league. We shall see if Young gets a chance.

Sections
Shortcuts