Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love?:
    In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : since when has gasol the ashol been viewed as a lockdown defnder himself. Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Mmh, strange question, especially as a response to my post.
    Gasol is not a lockdown defender, neither is Dirk. But in the game I have watched, Love was far worse then both of them on D. His defense made Dirk (or Gasol) look like lockdown defenders. His reputation fits what I have observed from just a single game. Therefore my questions was: Is Love such a poor defender and inflating his stats in a bad team on cost of his defense or did I just watch a bad defense day of Love? Question 2: If he is such a bad defender, is it possible that it is just bad attitude or a lack of speed, height and anticipation?

Your question if Gasol is a lockdown defender is easy to answer: No!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : I'm not saying I am in favor of getting rid of Pau, but if someone is offering a deal that is too good to pass up the Lakers will have to consider it. Don't think the Celtics front office would act any differently.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

I would view this as a warning sign regarding Derrick Williams

He's viewed as more of a power forward than a small forward, so he couldn't replace Artest

He's also not viewed as a sure-fire all-star despite being the #2 pick

But Love for Gasol is very intriguing.  Very similar players.  Maybe Love's defense would improve in a different environment, and he's already a better passer.  He just doesn't have Gasol's post moves and I wonder about him being productive in a place where he's #2 or #3.  Maybe Gasol needs to go now that it's Bynum's time...

What are your thoughts?  I'm interested to see how a Lakers fan views this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope the Lakers make the trade. Love's statistic's are grossly inflated.  He is a very small power forward who on a good team will not be able to pad his stats nearly as much. Trading a skilled seven footer for a six eight power forward is just the right move if you want to see the Lakers continue to slide. I know I do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Trading Ray would have taken courage and bad judgement as well. Ray played very well in the second half of 2010 and was integral part of us getting to the finals.  Which we should have won.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I've spent a lot of time reading today.  This is what I have garnered.

While MN likes Gasol, they will not trade Love for him.
    They will not trade #2 for him
    And certainly won't trade both.

JJ Hickson and Sessions make more sense, as then CLE can get 1 and 2!

Lastly, MN really like Derrick Williams.  They are over-loaded at PG, and will go big.  If CLE takes Williams, or Kanter, they will take the other....they will then try to dump Johnny Flynn to make room for the Spanish Pistol Pete.

I suppose anything can happen, but the info I have read today says this is pretty much the idea of one person, and makes no sense for MN.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : I would view this as a warning sign regarding Derrick Williams He's viewed as more of a power forward than a small forward, so he couldn't replace Artest He's also not viewed as a sure-fire all-star despite being the #2 pick But Love for Gasol is very intriguing.  Very similar players.  Maybe Love's defense would improve in a different environment, and he's already a better passer.  He just doesn't have Gasol's post moves and I wonder about him being productive in a place where he's #2 or #3.  Maybe Gasol needs to go now that it's Bynum's time... What are your thoughts?  I'm interested to see how a Lakers fan views this
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I wouldn't be for trading Gasol for Love straight up, and I'm not even sure I'd be for the deal regardless, but I think the logic behind it is this... Any offense lost by swapping Gasol for Love could be compensated by (a healthy) Bynum, who's been eager to take a bigger role in the scoring for quite a while now. If the Lakers were able to get the #2 pick, they could potentially draft a PG or use said pick to trade for a starting PG. And the players Minnesota would be giving up to make the salaries work could potentially bolster the Lakers' bench, albeit slightly. But it is all conjecture at this point. Theoretically the only reason the rumors even surfaced was because the Wolves were interested in pairing Rubio up with Pau - I don't necessarily think the Lakers were seeking this deal out, or that the Wolves were looking to ship Love out. 

Its interesting... a lot of rumors surrounding Minnesota lately, and I read a tweet from a sportswriter this morning mentioning teams' hesitancy in discussing deals with the Wolves because of the number of news leaks coming from their organization.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Problem with the whole trade scenario is that Minny needs talent, a lot of it.  I don't think Gasol elevates them to playoff contender and Love could be a cornerstone talent.  Seems Minny would be smart to compile talent and draft picks and make a deal for a vet when appropriate.  I don't think Gasol does that much for Minny, except give Rubio a mentor.  Gasol, as good as he is, is not a franchise player.  As part of a core group of players, he's very good.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Problem with the whole trade scenario is that Minny needs talent, a lot of it.  I don't think Gasol elevates them to playoff contender and Love could be a cornerstone talent.  Seems Minny would be smart to compile talent and draft picks and make a deal for a vet when appropriate.  I don't think Gasol does that much for Minny, except give Rubio a mentor.  Gasol, as good as he is, is not a franchise player.  As part of a core group of players, he's very good.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

You may be right, but that doesn't mean the bottom dwelling teams of the league realize that. There's a reason the same teams circle the drain each year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Pau Gasol for Kevin Love? : You may be right, but that doesn't mean the bottom dwelling teams of the league realize that. There's a reason the same teams circle the drain each year.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

True, there are a number of teams that make questionable moves yearly.  Gasol is a name, a quick fix somewhat to respectability.  Gasol and Rubio is better than anything else the Wolves have to attract fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

What?  Is the League going to hand the Lakers anything they want....again?  That's how they got Gasol in the first place.  On the toughness scale Love makes Gasol look like Shirley Temple.  And he showers more often than Gasol.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

it would be good for both teams with this trade:

LAL get : Kevin Love, number 2 draft pick, money

Wolves get: Pau Gasol, steve blake, 1st round draft pick

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

it would be good for both teams with this trade: LAL get : Kevin Love, number 2 draft pick, money Wolves get: Pau Gasol, steve blake, 1st round draft pick
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs

Doubt the money works, and lakers don't have a first round draft pick!

Sections
Shortcuts