Paul lost this game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Paul lost this game

1-9 to start dug us too deep into a hole, and we couldn't recover.

Love Paul, but the loss is squarely on him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Paul lost this game

The Celtics lost the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Let it go buddy, the game is over. It doesn't matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Doc lost this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Fierce lost the series.  Ooops!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have been a Doc supporter but, he lost this series. He did almost everything he could to have us go one and done. We had the right mix,balance and attitude on the roster to go further. I'm thinking he may want a front office gig or coach on of his sons but, I think his heart lies elsewhere.Shortening the rotation,inconsistent roles and minutes, erratic substitution patterns, no in game adjustments and just generally refusing to take the helm.  Maybe we should have kept Thibs and let Doc go ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Celts played valiantly but lost to a better team. Not that hard to understand. 

Pointing fingers is ridiculous. Folks in here are acting like the Celts were the 2 seed and heavily favored and someone blew it. 

The Knicks were the 2 seed and there were some very good reasons for that. 

It's a team loss and nothing to be ashamed of. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Doc lost the game? Really? Did he make Pierce to miss all those shots? Did he make Terry to miss a technical FT and pass the ball in the backcourt in the next posession which destroyed the momentum?

And about Thibs: It isn't as Chicago is setting the world on fire either.

So tell me: Which coach do you want? I'm sure del Negro will be available...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc surely could have sat PP a little more since he was just awful shooting and handling the ball. This was our game 7 and we just couldnt afford  PP for 43 mins..

While we're at it, JT started playing like we had hoped but where was he this game?? Just 24 minutes????????????  He shot 4-6 and 3-5 on 3 pointers... we shot terrible, we needed offense and JT was our hot hand and DOc plays him 24 mins???

JVG said it on ESPN... AB couldnt handle playing PG and it affected him shooting and defensively..a clear shot at DOc Rivers... we finally saw the AB of old in the 4th quarter, when the pressure seemed off and he could let it fly...

Sure, we can blame PP for this loss for he had a terrible game but who left him in for 43 mins to make sure we lost?? Doc the robot, unable to adjust and too narrow minded to adjust and go with the hot hand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

1-9 to start dug us too deep into a hole, and we couldn't recover.

Love Paul, but the loss is squarely on him.

sorry, but i don't like these posts. "the loss is on him" WTH?

you win as a team, and loose as a team. other players weren't making any shots either

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Celts played valiantly but lost to a better team. Not that hard to understand. 

Pointing fingers is ridiculous. Folks in here are acting like the Celts were the 2 seed and heavily favored and someone blew it. 

The Knicks were the 2 seed and there were some very good reasons for that. 

It's a team loss and nothing to be ashamed of. 

exactly. stop the fingerpointing, man up and recognise the knicks were the better team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Terry did shot a nice %, but he did NOT play well in this game. He was overmatched on D, was hesitant on O and he killed our momentum with a missed technical FT and a pass in the backcourt. Our run in the 4th was not initiated from Terry either, it was mainly AB, who most of the Doc bashers wanted out of the game. If Doc would listen to you guys then AB would have not played in the 4th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Terry did shot a nice %, but he did NOT play well in this game. He was overmatched on D, was hesitant on O and he killed our momentum with a missed technical FT and a pass in the backcourt. Our run in the 4th was not initiated from Terry either, it was mainly AB, who most of the Doc bashers wanted out of the game. If Doc would listen to you guys then AB would have not played in the 4th.

Cmon, AB was a joke until the C's were down 26 with 9 mins to go.. when the pressure was off and the Knicks relaxed a once in a lifetime comeback began.  That had nothing to do with coaching cause if it did, Doc should have done whatever happened in the last 9 mins long ago...

Was just one of those fluke, weird comebacks with no explanation...not strategy.  Youre really grasping for straws

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I understand:

When anything goes bad --> Docs fault.

When anything goes right --> Miracle or the players.

Live is simple right!

But tell me which coach do you want instead of Doc? Del Negro might be available!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I understand:

When anything goes right --> Miracle or the payers.

Simple!

But tell me which coach do you want instead of Doc? Del Negro might be avalable!

So you want to seriously credit Doc for that comeback?? Thats not coaching and thats not players... Thats something which just happens and momentum on both sides fuels it..

You sound more like fierce than anything

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I understand:

When anything goes right --> Miracle or the payers.

Simple!

But tell me which coach do you want instead of Doc? Del Negro might be avalable!

So you want to seriously credit Doc for that comeback?? Thats not coaching and thats not players... Thats something which just happens and momentum on both sides fuels it..

You sound more like fierce than anything

My apologies for insulting you with a comparison to fierce.. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Paul was horrible this series. Bass regular season rubbed on him...it was painful to watch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

@Karllost

What is wrong with you? In your head is only hate for Doc and for Fierce, nothing more.

It is not about giving credit to Doc for the comeback. It is you (among others) hating on Doc ALL the time. Tell me: According to you, has Doc done anything right in the last 6 years?

My point with AB fueling our comeback was:

Accoding to you guys AB, should not have played in the 4th. So should we call you all idiots now and Doc a genious? No! We shouldn't! But it is the same with he playing time for Terry, TWill, Crawford, Shavlik,... They are just not good. It is not Docs fault, that they don't produce.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

@Karllost

What is wrong with you? In your head is only hate for Doc and for Fierce, nothing more.

It is not about giving credit to Doc for the comeback. It is you (among others) hating on Doc ALL the time. Tell me: According to you, has Doc done anything right in the last 6 years?

My point with AB fueling our comeback was:

Accoding to you guys AB, should not have played in the 4th. So should we call you all idiots now and Doc a genious? No! We shouldn't! But it is the same with he playing time for Terry, TWill, Crawford, Shavlik,... They are just not good. It is not Docs fault, that they don't produce.

Youre a bit overboard and emotional...fierce is rubbing off on you.

I dont hate DOc, I dont even know him to hate. I just dont think DOc is a good coach. I realize this annoys you immensly but thats my opinion.

On the other hand, you apparently like DOcs coaching.. thats ok with me..  I dont insist youre in love with Doc yet here you go telling me I hate him because our opinions differ. Thats your problem, not mine

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Nice words, wisely chosen! Besides that I'm overboard and emotional. As far as I remember, you are the one name calling other users and doc in this forum.

Do I say that Doc is a great coach? No! But as we had a great run with him on the helm, he certainly has done sth right, isn't it!

My problem is that you act as with a certain (mediocre at best) player getting a few more minutes this team is a contender again. It is not. This team is not a contender, this is not Docs fault. Again: According to you, has Doc ever done sth right in the last 6 years? And which coach would you prefer over Doc? 2 simple questions!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nice words, wisely chosen! Besides that I'm overboard and emotional. As far as I remember, you are the one name calling other users and doc in this forum.

Do I say that Doc is a great coach? No! But as we had a great run with him on the helm, he certainly has done sth right, isn't it!

My problem is that you act as with a certain (mediocre at best) player getting a few more minutes this team is a contender again. It is not. This team is not a contender, this is not Docs fault. Again: According to you, has Doc ever done sth right in the last 6 years? And which coach would you prefer over Doc? 2 simple questions!

I think my name calling is limited mostly to a fungus.. whats that to do with you?

Um, the Celtics were already conmtenders this season as they made the playoffs.... by definition. You wanna state they haed no chance to win a championship?? I disagree... How many felt the same way last season and the C's were 1 quarter from the nba finals. Id say contenders for sure. Think of all the key players going down with injuries... like KG said, anything is possible.. once youre in the tournament...

My question regarding JT playing only 24 mins is reasonable. He hasnt played well in general until the last few games,... last night he was the Celtics best shooter in a game where we were missing everything. Stands to reason someone would question wwhy Doc played him only 24 mins while leaving PP in 40+ who killed us all game

WHo would I prefer over Doc as coach, almost anyone at this point. I dont think Doc is good at rotations, adjustments or control over its "star players"...  I feel hes motivating to his vets and the opposite to most of the bench players... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If you really think, that a team with a 35 year old PP, a 37 year old KG, an over the hill Terry and a above average guy like Green in his first year after a heart surgery, combined with some china cast offs is a contender, then we have to agree to disgree.

Then I even understand your dissapointment and the Doc bashing. For me, this team even with Rondo, Sully and Barbosa was not a contender. Without them, reaching the postseason and giving a good fight, was already more than I expected.

Still it is easy to say "almost anyone is better than Doc", but obviously it is not so easy to tell us a name who is available.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If you really think, that a team with a 35 year old PP, a 37 year old KG, an over the hill Terry and a above average guy like Green in his first year after a heart surgery, combined with some china cast offs is a contender, then we have to agree to disgree.

Then I even understand your dissapointment and the Doc bashing. For me, this team even with Rondo, Sully and Barbosa was not a contender. Without them, reaching the postseason and giving a good fight, was already more than I expected.

Still it is easy to say "almost anyone is better than Doc", but obviously it is not so easy to tell us a name who is available.

JVG... hes been coaching longer than Doc... didnt just become head coach of an NBA team from the get go, like Doc...instead he went through coaching HS, then college, then many years as an assistant coach in the NBA..  He learned his trade the way most do, from more expereinced , successful coaches... by paying his dues.

He coached the Knicks to 6 straight playoff appearances or something like that .. and to the NBA finals.  He also has a better win% than Doc.

IMO JVG is much better strategist than Doc as he pointed out last night that AB's effectiveness on both sides of the ball was diminished by forcing PG duties on him,... something some here have pointed out before, including myself.

Now you can disagree that JVG isnt as good a coach...I think hes an upgrade from Doc in many respects

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Very interesting. To sum it up:

From almost everyone the only one who remains is Stan van Gundy? One name! I don't say that he is a better or worse coach than Doc (actually I'm also a fan of coaches who learn from scratch), but just ask a simple question again:

Do you think with JVG as a coach, we would have won a title or reach the finals with our current team?

Sections
Shortcuts