Paul Pierce and the All Star Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Paul Pierce and the All Star Game

Here we go again.It's like" dejavu all over again". I remember posting last year at this time that an injured Paul Pierce should NOT take part in the 3 point contest and game and rest his various injuries because his dinged up TEAM needed him for the 2nd half. Well I just read on boston.com the Pierce is having an MRI tomorrow after his 0-10 shooting today and not looking right at all. Anyone want to bet me that Pierce will be front and center in next week's All Star festivities despite his injuries.Paul, please take the time off and forget the useless All Star game and get some rest!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Paul Pierce and the All Star Game

If he is sick or hurt he should stay at home and rest.  actually he can come to LA and visit, but watch all the festivities from the stands.  Honestly Doc should rest the Big 4 and not play them a lot during the all star game.  They need to come out the gates and sweep the 2nd western road trip!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I sure hope you lose that bet.  I think the MRI will shed light on everything.  If not that, then the NJ game.  If PP doesn't play, I think he sits out the All Star game but you know he's going to be there.

It's in LA.  I've heard he is hosting a big party that weekend as is Rondo.  I wish he just stayed in Boston but I'm sure he'll be in LA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Last year, Paul knew not to play a lot and he was fine after the break, remember?  We all worried (including me) unnecessarily.  He was fine.  I suspect Paul knows his body and what's important.  A 3 point contest is not tough on the body, especially Paul who shoots set shots and not jumpers like Ray.  So, it won't hurt him to do a 3 point contest unless the MRI is positive.

As for the game itself, I'd bet money he won't see many minutes in the game nor in practice since his coach (Doc) is in control of that.   Most of the time is spent at dinners, gatherings, and watching events like the slam dunk contest and rookie game.   Its actually a lot  of rest time as long as he doesn't stay up late.

Just to add some facts, last year:  Pierce played a whopping 11.5 mins and Garnett played 12.5 mins.  By contrast, Lebron played 32.5 mins, Wade played 31 mins, and Bosh played 31.5 mins.  And KG was a starter!!   What does that tell you about them knowing how to manage their minutes and not play a lot?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

MRI??  LOL! Yeah I call it a smokescreen for rest and a possible move/trade for his backup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, do you think Doc will have a delimma regarding playing time in the All Star game?  I believe he should play the Celtics 4 a minimum of minutes.

However, do you think he will get criticized for playing Heat players many more minutes than Celtics (which should occur)?

Truth be told, Pierce and KG could probably use the rest more than Ray and Rondo (personally I'd love to see them play no more than 15 minutes max).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Paul Pierce and the All Star Game:
    [QUOTE]Here we go again.It's like" dejavu all over again". I remember posting last year at this time that an injured Paul Pierce should NOT take part in the 3 point contest and game and rest his various injuries because his dinged up TEAM needed him for the 2nd half. Well I just read on boston.com the Pierce is having an MRI tomorrow after his 0-10 shooting today and not looking right at all. Anyone want to bet me that Pierce will be front and center in next week's All Star festivities despite his injuries.Paul, please take the time off and forget the useless All Star game and get some rest!
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I do remember that Paul was also injured last year at the same time and needs to rest but will probably still participate in the all-star game again this year.  He definitely should just attend but not participate. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Even if Pierce is in a wheelchair he will still participate in the 3-point contest. There's no stopping Pierce if he wants to do something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce and the All Star Game:
    [QUOTE]Even if Pierce is in a wheelchair he will still participate in the 3-point contest. There's no stopping Pierce if he wants to do something.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

which I think is a problem to both Pierce and the Celtics going forward. Rest Paul rest!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

When you play and earn something like a all start spot, you want to go. Period.  They deserve to go and get their time in the spotlight with the best of the league. All 4 of our guys deserve to go and play in the game. How much is this game going to hurt KG, PP, RA, RR as far as being tired in the second half of the season?  Nada,none, zippo, zilch.  This is ONE game and very FEW minutes for the guys.  Let them have their day in the sun and enjoy it.  They EARNED it. 

Nothing wrong with a party either.  You know these guys do this for a living. You know, just like you they get off time.  Does anyone tell you what to do when your off?  Didn't think so.  These guys have lives just like you.