Paul Pierce - have you noticed this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Paul Pierce - have you noticed this?

I love Pierce as a player, especially in the Doc era since Doc has brought out the best in him.  I think it's comical when he goes through his melodramatic routines at times, but there is no doubt he likes to come back and light it up after the fact.  People can bash him, but he's been one of the most durable players with the exception of the Oden/Durant year when he didn't rush back from injury. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

When the Big Three were first brought together, one of the owners (Wyc I think) at the very 1st press conference told the story about how the C's always wanted to build a first class team around CPP... and related how Pierce had his front teeth knocked out during a game earlier in his career and came right back to compete, getting needed dental/oral surgery care the next day.

How very tough is that?  Tough enough for me.

I don't question when CPP is hurting. IMHO, he has a very, very high tolerance for pain... and is the ultimate warrior.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from diane39. Show diane39's posts

Not to mention that the man was stabbed 11 times and lived to tell about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Don't know whether the injury last night was legit or not (it can't have been too bad), the LeJerk play that caused it was ridiculous. He does that every time; head down, shoulders out and barreling to the hoop. When will the refs start calling that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Paul got run over by a 260 lbs man at near full speed and landed on hard wood. Unlike football players, b-ballers are not protected from this type of impact. Pls do not question his tuffness, that's just ESPN (New York media) jealousy, Paul is a legitimate tough man; those charges hurt a lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce - have you noticed this?:
    Don't know whether the injury last night was legit or not (it can't have been too bad), the LeJerk play that caused it was ridiculous. He does that every time; head down, shoulders out and barreling to the hoop. When will the refs start calling that?
    Posted by basketbert

I agree with you.  He thinks he is playing football, not basketball. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Posted by basketbert

Good question.. Refs let lebron get away with murder. That CHARGE in full view of everyone is a perfect example. Why didint another ref go and correct it? Was so obvious to everyone. 

One thing I will give some credit to refs was calling some of the travels... esp on Wade. They still let plenty go by but at least make a few token calls... more than I expected

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

First of all, who are "us"?  Secondly, the C's won so nothing anyone did wrong cost the C's anything.

If pierce can't work on his one on one game in the first game of the season, then when can he work on it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

You take a charge from lebron at full speed and tell me your faking it. its a freaken train comming at u. horrible call.  there was another 1 just like it that was also called wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobetheman. Show kobetheman's posts

Since when is taking a charge Pierce's game?  Enough, he got what he deserved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Since when is taking a charge Pierce's game?  Enough, he got what he deserved.
    Posted by kobetheman

I'll take the bait before you go on ignore.  Taking charges has been this whole team's game since they decided that playing D was important.  You obviously don't watch many Celtics games. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

got what he deserved?

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.  Maybe Shaq clotheslines LeBron next time he tries to go diesel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Pierce can't argue calls anymore. He was showing up the refs when he went out. He's trying to make a point about Lebron lowering his shoulder into people. Also, what's up with ESPN showing all Miami in highlight reels on Sportscenter when they got thumped? I wanna see some Shaq. They had no answers for the big guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Pierce can't argue calls anymore. He was showing up the refs when he went out. He's trying to make a point about Lebron lowering his shoulder into people. Also, what's up with ESPN showing all Miami in highlight reels on Sportscenter when they got thumped? I wanna see some Shaq. They had no answers for the big guy.
    Posted by WhiskeyB

If you wanna see some Shaq, check him out when he was a beast with the Lakers. Then again, lots of posters here believe that Shaq back then ws a cheat because he lowered his shoulder on every possession to get to the rim. How times have changed.

Bleed green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Uh oh:
    Laker fans on here already....it's a good sign they are nervous...as they should be, after the game 7 loss, the Celtics got decidedly bigger and tougher in the paint.  They also got more explosive off the bench with the addition of Delonte West. 
    Come playoff time, look at the bench the C's have.....
    Shaq, Glen Davis, Marquis Daniels, Delonte West, Nate Robinson.  Thats better than 5-6 teams starting line up.
    I cant wait to see Shaq lean on Bynum this year, breaking those brittle knees.
    When Perkins comes back, then you have Jermain O'neil on the bench too....just to beat up on Gasol for 10-15 minutes per game.  Who did the Lakers add?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

My original post was about how Pierce always comes back from the locker room, after an injury and plays like a monster. Thats really all.

Regarding his working on his 1on1 game, yo dont need to "work on it""during a game. By definition, 1on1 requires only ONE other person.

The issue was we've seen Paul really deteriorate in those isolation plays all last year & in the playoffs. The one where he uses a pick at the line/key and works off it.  Unfortunately, the league seems to have his number on this now and the refs arent biting anymore when he flails his arms hoping for a foul... instead we're seeing lots more turnovers or shot clock violations.  thats just the truth.

To me, it looked like PP was forcing that play during the 3rd qtr and turning the ball over or winding up with a poor shot as the clock wound down. Seemed like he wanted to get some stats up and was determined to do it no matter what. just the way I saw it, is all.

Pierce got all the moves in the book. Hoping he or Doc stop using that play, it really doesnt work anymore

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

.  Who did the Lakers add?
    Posted by slicksteve38

I think they added new rings and a banner!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Much of Pierce's one-on-one happens when the rest of the team stops moving without the ball. It happens because he is the only player the C's usually have on the floor that can create his own shot one-on-one. Ray? KG? Not so much. Rondo with exception of his dribble drive game?

When Pierce is playing one-on-one it is most often an indication that the offense has gone stale rather than PP is ball hogging.

Sections
Shortcuts