Paul Pierce is a mother f*ing legend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

Re: Paul Pierce is a mother f*ing legend

In response to painter's comment:

In response to newbill's comment:

Pierce was a good, not great player for the C's.

Prior to KG and RA coming to the team Pierce spent too much time trying to be a one man team.

He wasn't trying, he wasthe damn team for years.  Can you honestly say that there were other Celtics players during PP's career that should have taken over games instead of him?  Walker was an immature fool, and, though he arrived before Pierce, the team was never his to lead.  Once PP began displaying his abilities and making his presence felt, the team was his, and Walker was exposed as a fraud - a bad, but all-to-willing three-point maniac who couldn't take it inside without losing the ball on the dribble or off his foot.  He couldn't post smaller players and preferred to step back and fire away.  It was ugly.  Pierce brought aggressive sanity to the team, but unfortuately, no other equally talented players were added until 2007.  Jefferson came the closest, but he was/is one-dimensional (no D).  Perspective.

I guess you and I don’t see it the same way.    Not a problem we all are entitled to our opinions.

The way I see it PP just didn’t have the inclusive attitude that would have allowed his teammates to succeed.  True early on Antoine wasn’t a great influence but PP didn’t pull away from it.  Was that immaturity or just a “me first” mindset?  Who did he make better?  Who was allowed to step up?

I don’t think PP ever passed out of his “end of game” drives and consequentially were so predictable the defense just collapsed and the ball got lost.  You, I and the popcorn vendor knew what was going to happen.  I just can’t believe Pitino and Jim OB drew up some of those plays.

When Doc got here PP was like a child that wasn’t getting his way anymore.  It was almost painful to watch as he sulked and railed against Doc’s methods right or wrong.

Now if you think I didn’t appreciate PP’s contributions you’d be wrong.  I just thought for most of his career he was highly overrated.

Remember, KG was the leader of PP’s successful teams.  Again, Pierce was a great scorer but not a legendary player.

Not to start another argument but PP was much the same as Yaz.  Great to Boston fans…but only very good to others.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Red Auerback would not have traded Pierce.  Disappointed in Ainge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Dont forget why we waited 22-yrs for #17. I'm proud of Danny for finally doing it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

It was a brilliant and necessary trade! I know it's difficult to rebuild but this team was nowhere near a contender with KG and Paul. Great to load up on first round picks heading forward. Lastly, Olynyk was a freakin' steal and will tear it up for years to come!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

Red coached and ran the team in an entirely different era.  No giant salaries, no salary cap.

Greatest coach ever but didn't face the same issues gM's and coachs do now.

Red's not walking through that door folks....

Sections
Shortcuts