Paul Pierce on ESPN's NBA front page today

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Paul Pierce on ESPN's NBA front page today

You're probably right, and I'd hate to see what he'd do to the lakers, who won't even get past OKC again!!  All IS well, thank you!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hedley talking about rules of the game when he thinks David Stern is the one that hands out suspensions. Every knowledgeable NBA fan knows that Stu Jackson does ALL NBA discpline

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

How did the Heat do in the 2010 Finals???  Stu Jackson does MOST of the discipline.  For repeat thug offenders like Artest, Stern gets involved.  Already proved that with links............AND that has nothing to do with the rules of the game.  It was a player control foul on James, end of story!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Funny how DFurypuss always posts right after Bloggetynumbnuts!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In HS, College and the NBA, that would be two free throws because LeBron was fouled when shooting. Continuation is when you get fouled and take one or two more steps. LeBron was fouled when he was in the air.

So, you are going to use Wiki Answers over NBA.com?

LeBron was shooting the ball, it is not a Player Control Foul.

Player-control foul: An offensive foul that is committed not when a player is shooting, but just when his team is in control of the ball.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/00422966.html#i-p

[/QUOTE]

I thought you weren't going to challenge me anymore!!  Pierce is drawing a charge.  That is a player control foul - ANY time a player with the ball commits a foul.  You are out of your league here, Tommy, give it up.  I've been a ref since 1982!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No, he has not yet shot the ball.  He is in the act of shooting.  He has not shot the ball until it is out of his hands.  While in the air, the ref determines if it is a block or a player control foul (charge).  If it's a block, then they ask if the ball went in, if it did, one shot, if not, two shots.  If it is a charge, Boston's ball out of bounds.  No free throws are shot on player control fouls (charges).

If he already shot the ball, and Pierce undercuts him, that's an intentional or flagrant foul, which carries a much more severe penalty.

But, he had not yet released it in this case, so it's a block or a charge.  And I'm guessing it's a charge, since Pierce is demonstrating perfect defensive position.

Nice chatting with you again - I don't need any links!!  Go ahead, find something wrong with what I wrote.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Again, in the act of shooting - go look it up!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Player-control foul: An offensive foul that is committed not when a player is shooting, but just when his team is in control of the ball.

LeBron was SHOOTING the ball.

The rule does not say when he has SHOT the ball.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

[/QUOTE]

He is in the act of shooting.  That is not shooting.  Shooting a jumper, or going up after securing an offensive rebound are different than a player who is in the air.  He has NOT shot the ball.    Are you saying that if that's called a block he wouldn't get two free throws (or one if the basket went in)?  Your interpretation of the rule is incorrect.  A player must have the ball to commit a player control foul.  This is a block/charge call - why is that so hard for you to understand.

You call it charging, but refs call it a player control foul.   It's the same thing.  It means the player WITH the ball initiated the contact!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, he has not yet shot the ball.  He is in the act of shooting.  He has not shot the ball until it is out of his hands.  While in the air, the ref determines if it is a block or a player control foul (charge).  If it's a block, then they ask if the ball went in, if it did, one shot, if not, two shots.  If it is a charge, Boston's ball out of bounds.  No free throws are shot on player control fouls (charges).

If he already shot the ball, and Pierce undercuts him, that's an intentional or flagrant foul, which carries a much more severe penalty.

But, he had not yet released it in this case, so it's a block or a charge.  And I'm guessing it's a charge, since Pierce is demonstrating perfect defensive position.

Nice chatting with you again - I don't need any links!!  Go ahead, find something wrong with what I wrote.

[/QUOTE]

No you lose and we win!  we$$$

But thanks for PLAYING!  :missingte

[/QUOTE]

Who's WE??  You haven't contributed anything to this, or any conversation!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

hedley, it is called a Shooting Foul.

LeBron was shooting the ball.

Explain this rule:

[/QUOTE]

Tommy - it's called a block/charge.  

You need to familiarize yourself with and airborne player.  The rules are a little different.  Your rule applies to  a guy hooking to go baseline, or lowering his shoulder and leveling his defender.  Those are NOT shooting fouls, but they are player-control fouls.  Does your rule state the player does NOT have the ball??  The block/charge is so hard to call because there are so many things going on.  Is the defender stationary?  Are his feet outside the arc?  Is he facing forward?  Did contact happen above his waist?  The offensive player is in the air, in the act of shooting, and a determination cannot be made until  he lands.  And while James WILL shoot the ball, and be entitled to all the benefits of a shooter, at the moment the picture is taken, the ball clearly has not left his hand, and he is in the air.

It's tough to learn the difference, but if you see it enough times, you start to pick it up.  This is a charge, Pierce is in great position.  Basically, ANY time the ref puts his hand behind his head and points the other way, it's  a player control foul.  A charge falls into that category.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaU5r_ShFp0

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dfurypos's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+4

[/QUOTE]

So, you are part of WE now, too.  Funny how you  always post right after him, isn't it?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to dfurypos's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+4

[/QUOTE]

So, you are part of WE now, too.  Funny how you  always post right after him, isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike apparently.  I need to ask him how he uses those stick figures as they are quite amusing. Hope all is well.

[/QUOTE]

Talking to yourself is not healthy

Sections
Shortcuts