Paul Pierce the 2012 Shawn Kemp?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Paul Pierce the 2012 Shawn Kemp?

Although he isn't as big or in bad shape as Kemp was back in 99 I have this nagging feeling that won't go away that Pierce as a top 15 player in the league is gone forever just like when Kemp never regained his all star status after the lockout. This seems like a major concern that he never even made it to the 1st practice after the lockout. What was he doing? I'm assuming his body is breaking down because of the many years of NBA vigor. I'm having visions of Kevin McHale circa early 90's when McHale lost his ability in a matter of months because of injuries and he was the same age as Pierce is now. Remember when Kemp came back after the lockout he could never recapture his all star status. If the Celts can get 12 points a game and 5 rebounds and having Pierce in and out of the lineup I think they will have to accept that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Paul Pierce the 2012 Shawn Kemp?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Based on what!   The odds of any other player in the NBA being Shawn Kemp are greater than Paul Pierce. Anything can happen but let's wait and see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Was under the impression that Kemp had let his weight go and was so out of shape he lost his ability to play in the NBA the way Kemp had.  Don't think any of that applies to Paul Pierce unless someone knows more about the severity of Pierce's foot inury.  No one has said anything about Pierce having an achilles injury which could be more dibilitating?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Paul Pierce the 2012 Shawn Kemp?:
    [QUOTE]Although he isn't as big or in bad shape as Kemp was back in 99 I have this nagging feeling that won't go away that Pierce as a top 15 player in the league is gone forever just like when Kemp never regained his all star status after the lockout. This seems like a major concern that he never even made it to the 1st practice after the lockout. What was he doing? I'm assuming his body is breaking down because of the many years of NBA vigor. I'm having visions of Kevin McHale circa early 90's when McHale lost his ability in a matter of months because of injuries and he was the same age as Pierce is now. Remember when Kemp came back after the lockout he could never recapture his all star status. If the Celts can get 12 points a game and 5 rebounds and having Pierce in and out of the lineup I think they will have to accept that.
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]
    Although heel injuries can be tricky, you may be suffering from an undiagnosed
    case of PTSD (Post Traumatic Shaq Disorder).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Unlike Kemp who was a beast in his prime, PP was top 20 at best. A loyal celtic and a celtic great, he'll never go down as an NBA great. That title goes to the Shaq's, Duncan & Kobe's of the world.

Ugh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce the 2012 Shawn Kemp?:
    [QUOTE]Unlike Kemp who was a beast in his prime, PP was top 20 at best. A loyal celtic and a celtic great, he'll never go down as an NBA great. That title goes to the Shaq's, Duncan & Kobe's of the world. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Tayshawn is clearly worried about this year's team.  NO props for the current team, just the OLD lakers.......koME is unable to carry the team anymore, and Gasol, as you say, is no Shaq!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In order, the list of 'great' NBA players since 2000 that played up until last season.

1. Kobe Bean
    2. Shaq
    3. Duncan
    4. KG

Too bad the term great is thrown around so easily. DWade, LBJ and others have yet to get into the class these 4 players have shown throughout their career. Dirk gets a special mention but because his defense was suss I don't put him in the great class.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In order, the list of 'great' NBA players since 2000 that played up until last season. 1. Kobe Bean 2. Shaq 3. Duncan 4. KG Too bad the term great is thrown around so easily. DWade, LBJ and others have yet to get into the class these 4 players have shown throughout their career. Dirk gets a special mention but because his defense was suss I don't put him in the great class.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Too bad none of them are top 5 all-time - just top 50 all-time:
    Top 5 all-time:
    Magic
    Jordan
    Bird
    Karl Malone
    Russell

Thanks for playing!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]Although he isn't as big or in bad shape as Kemp was back in 99 I have this nagging feeling that won't go away that Pierce as a top 15 player in the league is gone forever just like when Kemp never regained his all star status after the lockout. This seems like a major concern that he never even made it to the 1st practice after the lockout. What was he doing? I'm assuming his body is breaking down because of the many years of NBA vigor. I'm having visions of Kevin McHale circa early 90's when McHale lost his ability in a matter of months because of injuries and he was the same age as Pierce is now. Remember when Kemp came back after the lockout he could never recapture his all star status. If the Celts can get 12 points a game and 5 rebounds and having Pierce in and out of the lineup I think they will have to accept that.

pp is on the plane with the team to travel to new york so thas a good sign. he might play in my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Absolutely no basis for this speculation/projection.  NONE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Second 5 all-time:
    Stockton
    koME
    Erving
    McHale
    Kareem

Thanks for playing!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Greatest all starting 5.
    1. Magic
    2. Jordan
    3. Julius
    4. Duncan
    5. Kareem

Beats red team on size and athleticism. But thanks for playing!

2nd starting 5.
    1. Stockton
    2. Kobe
    3. Bird
    4. Wilt ( yes, I can play him here in my team)
    5. Shaq

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Greatest all starting 5. 1. Magic 2. Jordan 3. Julius 4. Duncan 5. Kareem Beats red team on size and athleticism. But thanks for playing! 2nd starting 5. 1. Stockton 2. Kobe 3. Bird 4. Wilt ( yes, I can play him here in my team ) 5. Shaq
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA - funniest thing I've read today!!

If Wilt was alive, he'd tell you what kind of athlete Russell was!!
    Bird was better than Erving - you're just blinded by hate.  Wilt would never agree to play PF.  And Karl Malone is better than Duncan.

Or, if you want:
    Magic
    Jordan
    Bird
    Russell
    Kareem

KILLS any team you could assemble!!
    Thanks for playing!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

null and red-16 is 1 person???i think so. hes so annoying why can't they block hes account here?hes just flooding!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]null and red-16 is 1 person???i think so. hes so annoying why can't they block hes account here?hes just flooding!!!!
    Posted by datruthpp34[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're wrong.  He is a lakers troll who has no business being on here.  I am a Celtics fan who does.  Don't read if it bothers you.  Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Wilt's impact on the game was such that he forced the NBA to bring about rule changes to keep him away from the hoop. He averaged 28pts and 28 rebounds against Russell and such was his ability that Chris Schenkel (ABC) once reported that "Wilt's skills are superior to any player in this league" but Russell had a team first mindset and as such was able to get the better of Wilt with his supporting cast.

You could beat Wilt in a team game but when it came to individual ability, Wilt was head and shoulders superior to anyone playing at that time including Russell.

Keeping it real!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Wilt's impact on the game was such that he forced the NBA to bring about rule changes to keep him away from the hoop. He averaged 28pts and 28 rebounds against Russell and such was his ability that Chris Schenkel (ABC) once reported that "Wilt's skills are superior to any player in this league" but Russell had a team first mindset and as such was able to get the better of Wilt with his supporting cast. You could beat Wilt in a team game but when it came to individual ability, Wilt was head and shoulders superior to anyone playing at that time including Russell. Keeping it real!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Fail to see, then, why you wouldn't put him on your team!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]Wilt's impact on the game was such that he forced the NBA to bring about rule changes to keep him away from the hoop. He averaged 28pts and 28 rebounds against Russell and such was his ability that Chris Schenkel (ABC) once reported that "Wilt's skills are superior to any player in this league" but Russell had a team first mindset and as such was able to get the better of Wilt with his supporting cast. You could beat Wilt in a team game but when it came to individual ability, Wilt was head and shoulders superior to anyone playing at that time including Russell. Keeping it real!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

The NBA named the finals MVP trophy after Bill Russell even if Russ is still alive.

Russell is still alive. When it comes to the ability to live, Russell KO'd Wilt. Can't do nothin' when you're dead. I'm just sayin'.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

TOTAL GARBAGE !

BASED ON WHAT ?

PIERCE IS ARGUABLY THE ALL TIME GREATEST CELTIC

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE TURN ON YOUR BOSTON SPORTS HEROES SO QUICKLY ?

PIERCE WILL AVERAGE 18-5-5 BECAUSE THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS

IF HE WERE AN EGOMANIAC HE COULD SCORE 30 A NIGHT TAKING 25 SHOTS ON A CRAPPY TEAM.

BASED ON WHAT I DEMAND TO KNOW !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Dude Kemp sufferred from being overweight, addictied to cocaine and alcohol
    Mcvhale had planter faciatis
    Paul has a bruised heel smh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]TOTAL GARBAGE ! BASED ON WHAT ? PIERCE IS ARGUABLY THE ALL TIME GREATEST CELTIC WHY DO YOU PEOPLE TURN ON YOUR BOSTON SPORTS HEROES SO QUICKLY ? PIERCE WILL AVERAGE 18-5-5 BECAUSE THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS IF HE WERE AN EGOMANIAC HE COULD SCORE 30 A NIGHT TAKING 25 SHOTS ON A CRAPPY TEAM. BASED ON WHAT I DEMAND TO KNOW !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

2006-07 Boston Celtics team finished with the 2nd worst record in the NBA. Pierce averaged 25ppg. So good to hear the so called best Celtic of all time could take the franchise to such an outstanding record! You're assumption....based on ignorance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce the 2012 Shawn Kemp? : 2006-07 Boston Celtics team finished with the 2nd worst record in the NBA. Pierce averaged 25ppg. So good to hear the so called best Celtic of all time could take the franchise to such an outstanding record! You're assumption....based on ignorance.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

How'd this work out for ya?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

If this were the NFL that's 0.5 block for KG and 0.5 for Pierce.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

fantasy league stat losers don't like Paul Pierce because they cannot figure out what he does...not many highlights, just all the right things to lead a team to the win......learn to comprehend English dude !

Sections
Shortcuts