Paul Pierce to Golden State

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Paul Pierce to Golden State

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=af73aeo

Based purely off of:

1. http://redsarmy.com/2013/05/17/source-paul-pierces-family-preparing-to-relocate/ Paul coming to the fact that he will be traded. Paul's from Cali, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind finishing his career with the Warriors.

2. Heard on ESPN ( I know, I know the same ESPN who proposed Doc would be traded) that Golden State never really had someone to facilitate the offense, that they would benefit from a point-forward

3. Heard also on ESPN that with the emergence of Bogut, with how well Carl Landry played, and to make room for some of the younger guys, David Lee has become somewhat expendable.

4. Championship experience was really the difference between Golden State & San Antonio. Paul would certainly bring that.

The Trade: Daivd Lee & Harrison Barnes for Paul Pierce

Permutation 1: Daivd Lee & Harrison Barnes for Paul Pierce & 16th pick

Permutation 2: Daivd Lee & Klay Thompson for Paul Pierce & Sullinger

Permutation 3: Daivd Lee & Harrison Barnes for Paul Pierce & Sullinger

Permutation 4: Andreis Biedrins & Harrison Barnes for Paul Pierce

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Paul Pierce to Golden State

Also, I think Paul had a great year ... but, just like AB, we asked WAY too much of him: To facilitate, ball handle, and be #1 option on offense.

At Golden State, curry & thompson can ball handle. Paul can be the 3rd option on offense. All year in warm weather, I think he can really help that team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Give me choice #2 any day. I doube GS would do that though. I'm thinking #4 is more realistic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Ainge already tried to trade Pierce for Barnes, Golden State declined. So the realistic trade would be Pierce for Lee (and some leftovers to make the salaries work). I don't know wether that's a good trade for us, to have 3 undersized PF's with one of them being a borderline All-Star.

I think Curry, Thompson and Barnes are the cornerstones they'll build around. They would be insane to break that nucleus up. Way better than the Rondo-Bradley-Green nucleus we have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I personally like Barnes better than Thompson. Can you imagine Rondo, Bradley, Barnes, Green, KG? Lee off the bench could be 6th man of the year... and if we retain Sullinger somehow? Throw in a revitalized JET? I think that could contend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i didn't really follow GS in the post-season. what happened to lee's numbers in the playoffs? looks like they dropped off from the regular season. was he hurt? he's also older, like 30, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Ainge already tried to trade Pierce for Barnes, Golden State declined. So the realistic trade would be Pierce for Lee (and some leftovers to make the salaries work). I don't know wether that's a good trade for us, to have 3 undersized PF's with one of them being a borderline All-Star.

I think Curry, Thompson and Barnes are the cornerstones they'll build around. They would be insane to break that nucleus up. Way better than the Rondo-Bradley-Green nucleus we have.

You're probably right. I certainly wouldn't give away Barnes. But it seems to me that Golden State would be a good trade parter to get something back for Paul... if we can get one of their young guys or a pick, that would be great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

anyway, i think it's a moot point. they're not giving up lee, barnes or thompson for an over-the-hill pierce. PP makes more sense on the clips or with someone like OKC, both of whom need to get over the hump. GS just needs to keep doing what it's doing. they are young and very talented.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I personally like Barnes better than Thompson. Can you imagine Rondo, Bradley, Barnes, Green, KG? Lee off the bench could be 6th man of the year... and if we retain Sullinger somehow? Throw in a revitalized JET? I think that could contend.

i don't like that lineup much. a rondo/bradley backcourt won't work since neither can shoot. barnes and green are both 3s. that lineup is small and would get out-rebounded by a mile.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i don't like that lineup much. a rondo/bradley backcourt won't work since neither can shoot. barnes and green are both 3s. that lineup is small and would get out-rebounded by a mile.

hahaha you're absolutely right about the reboudning. But if we aren't looking at one final year to contend with KG, Barnes would be a good piece towards a re-build. Lee's contract hurts, but maybe we can flip him to a team needing his scoring ability... OR ... a piece towards a Kevin Love trade! (He is white so Minny will love him)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Come on guys, the only reason a team would trade for Pierce is so that they can dump salary. The main reason why the Celts will let Pierce go is because of money. 

Right now it's very unlikely the Celts will accept a bad contract for Pierce.

Here's the thing, if the Celts keep Pierce or get a player worth close to Pierce's 15m, the Celts will be in danger of paying repeater tax in 2015.

I think you're wrong. Teams may want pierce as a final piece for a contender... plus, teams (like golden state) may assess that they want cap space in 2014/2015 and a Paul for Lee would accomplish that for Golden State. Also, a team trading for Paul may assess that he has another contract left in his NBA career, likely at a vet min salary and if Golden State can get him next year and he fits in, Paul may decide to sign a friendly vet min deal in 2014 and still be able to be a 5th option on offense and help a team contend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

hahaha you're absolutely right about the reboudning. But if we aren't looking at one final year to contend with KG, Barnes would be a good piece towards a re-build. Lee's contract hurts, but maybe we can flip him to a team needing his scoring ability... OR ... a piece towards a Kevin Love trade! (He is white so Minny will love him)

Part of the Warriors success this season is because of David Lee. Lee made his 2nd All-Star appearance this season and the Warriors made the playoffs for the first time since 2007.

So trading David Lee won't make sense for the Warriors.

So lets say Biedrins takes his player option for this year (9M) ... Wouldn't golden state want to rid themselves of that salary and get back a piece that they can use for a championship?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Will you two stop sharting all over other peoples threads with your childish back and forth... nobody really cares about who says what, stupid prop bets, or your drama. goooo awayyyy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sharting?  Hahah.  First time I heard that was Along Came Polly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I would take David Lee for Pierce in a heartbeat and through in a reasonable pick as well, if needed. I think the possibility of getting Barnes is highly remote since we have no additional valuable assets that Ainge would be likely to part with (for good reasons). I agree that Lee does not solve the lack of a big man in the middle problem. However, he is a decent rebounder and can score. As others have said, he could come off the bench. He could also start with KG and Green. Before anyone else repeats the "no rebounding" chant, a quality big man (if we find one) could still play 30 minutes a game. If the team is running smoothly and effectively, who starts and who does not will be a minor worry. 

I am not ready to give up on JET yet. He, Rondo, and Bradley could rotate. This would give opponents different looks as we all know the style the C's play is different when Rondo is on the court vs. when Terry or Green is bringing it up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Sharting?  Hahah.  First time I heard that was Along Came Polly.

Yup!