Paul Pierce to Golden State

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Paul Pierce to Golden State

In response to hondorondo's comment:

I would take David Lee for Pierce in a heartbeat and through in a reasonable pick as well, if needed. I think the possibility of getting Barnes is highly remote since we have no additional valuable assets that Ainge would be likely to part with (for good reasons). I agree that Lee does not solve the lack of a big man in the middle problem. However, he is a decent rebounder and can score. As others have said, he could come off the bench. He could also start with KG and Green. Before anyone else repeats the "no rebounding" chant, a quality big man (if we find one) could still play 30 minutes a game. If the team is running smoothly and effectively, who starts and who does not will be a minor worry. 

I am not ready to give up on JET yet. He, Rondo, and Bradley could rotate. This would give opponents different looks as we all know the style the C's play is different when Rondo is on the court vs. when Terry or Green is bringing it up. 

Good Points. I really think Danny will be calling up the GM over there and talking through the various possibilities. Getting back anything with value under 36 in age will be a win. If we can pry one of those young guys from Golden State ... even better.

Count me in on the 'not given up on JET yet' band wagon. JET needed time to get comfortable with the system, Doc, the new team. I also think the team didn't exploit JET's strengths. He isn't really a come off the screen 3 pt shooter. He can do that, but it isn't what won him a title in Dallas. He won in Dallas by nailing a series of transition threes. This team needs to remember that JET hits a high percentage of transition threes. So next year, every rondo & bradley steal, every outlet 1/2 court pass, and the one offensive rebound we get per game should all look to JET in transition. He is not Ray Allen. Stop using him that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Will you two stop sharting all over other peoples threads with your childish back and forth... nobody really cares about who says what, stupid prop bets, or your drama. goooo awayyyy

A-[expletive]-men!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Ainge already tried to trade Pierce for Barnes, Golden State declined. So the realistic trade would be Pierce for Lee (and some leftovers to make the salaries work). I don't know wether that's a good trade for us, to have 3 undersized PF's with one of them being a borderline All-Star.

I think Curry, Thompson and Barnes are the cornerstones they'll build around. They would be insane to break that nucleus up. Way better than the Rondo-Bradley-Green nucleus we have.

You're probably right. I certainly wouldn't give away Barnes. But it seems to me that Golden State would be a good trade parter to get something back for Paul... if we can get one of their young guys or a pick, that would be great.

Yup, G State made it pretty clear they are not trading 20-21 year olds for 34-35 year olds. Barnes for Pierce had legs at the tarde deadline, and Danny should have upped the ante by also sending Lee and agreeing to take back BOTH bad contracts (Rich Jeff and biedrins) but oh well. That move would have led to KG agreeing to the Clippers trade.

At this point the only sensible move for G.State would be Lee for Pierce. Paul is a savvy veteran who can help them in crunch time situations and the locker room while Landry/Barnes and Green can all play PF for the Warriors.

As a Celtic fan I wouldn't be too thrilled with that trade. Maybe if we also traded Bass and got back Drammond Green and a 2014 1st rd pick. I dunno.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Landry is a FA, so I don't think they'll trade Lee.  Also, Jack is a FA.........don't know how much money they want to spend on those 2, if anything!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Landry is a FA, so I don't think they'll trade Lee.  Also, Jack is a FA.........don't know how much money they want to spend on those 2, if anything!

With the emergence of D. Green and Barnes able to play small ball 4, G. State likely has no intention of bringing back Landry. However, if they traded Lee they could and would sign Landry for about half of the money Lee makes and get 75% of the production. Lee is an 18/11 guy, Landry a 13/7 guy. Landry deserves a Bass contract of 3 years 18 million.

Jack is intregal to what Golden States does, he plays better D than Curry and Klay, is more of pure PG than Curry and is a fearless player and a leader. They have said they want him back all year. Unless a team with cap space blows the Warriors away offering Jack 8+ million a year, he will be back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So here is my trade:

David Lee (12.75m), Andris Biedrins (9m) and Draymond Green (875k), plus a top 10 protected 2014 draft pick to Boston

Paul Pierce (15.3) and Brandon Bass (6.75m) to Golden State

The cash is equal

The Warriors keep Landry, they play Bogut and Ezeli at the 5, Landry, Bass and some Barnes at the 4, Barnes and Pierce at the 3, Thompson and some Pierce and Curry at the 2 and Curry and Jack at PG

The C's can then try to get KG to release his no-trade and go to the Clippers (with JET) for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe.

Or just keep KG and hope he returns, b/c a team of Rondo, Avery, both Lee's, both Greens, pick 16 and a healthy Sully will be pretty solid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What about Richard Jefferson? 

Sounds like GSW would like to bring back Jack and Landry. Landry has the player option at 4M or he could go into free agency and probably get paid more.

If we could replace Jefferson or Biedrins (both expected to invoke their player options) and get Barnes with the deal, then GSW could amnesty the other, and we could amnesty the one we get...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

WHAT IF

Its Kevin that we trade to GSW for Biedrins or Jefferson (either of whom we would amnesty) and we get GSW to throw in Barnes.

This would allow us to rid ourselves of KG's salary, we buy out Pierce, and actually that lands us enough cap room to sign an Al Jefferson or possibly Josh Smith ...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

There's no way Golden State will trade Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson after the way they both shined during this playoff run. Both of them were incredible and they are locked in at minumum wage for at least 3 more seasons , no way they will trade either of these guys, especially Harrison Barnes.

Even Anderw Bogut , who at one time (I think ) was undervalued because of his injuries , has finally broken out and shown the whole NBA how talented he really is - Bogut is one of the top 5 centers in the entire NBA 

David Lee finally proved he can put up All Star numbers on a playoff team , I can't see them trading him either.

The ONLY scenerio I see is KG going to Golden State straight up for Bogut, I think the salaries match exactly.

That would be a great trade for the Celtics......and I kinda doubt the Reverend Mark Jackson would even make that deal after seeing Bogut perform at the highest level (playoffs) , not to mention Garnett's unbreakable habit of profanity , vulgarity and abusive language on the court and in the locker room - Reverend Jackson might not want to accomodate Garnett's "wickedness" and have him rub off on the young guys........maybe 10 years ago , but not at the age of 37. I'm not joking about this either, Jackson is a devout Christian and he has brought those values into his coaching style with great success - every single guy on the Warriors has bought in and Jackson might not want Garnett around with his profane language and potential skeletens in his closet.....

Believe it or not, San Francisco might not want a guy like KG - I think LA may be a more appropriate landing spot for KG - how about KG and Bass or Terry for Pau Gasol ?

Or KG for Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe ?

It wouldn't nother me at all if Paul Pierce once again ends up as the Last Man Standing, just like he was after the last Celtic remodel....

Pierce is every bit as great as Larry Bird was, he is truly a legendary Celtic and STILL doesn't get the respect from Celtics fans for all he has done both on and off the court.

I think it is KG who is the "progress stopper" , not Pierce

Pau Gasol would make a great Celtic, would love to see him play with Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo......he would be the best Celtic low post threat since Kevin McHale.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What about Richard Jefferson? 

Sounds like GSW would like to bring back Jack and Landry. Landry has the player option at 4M or he could go into free agency and probably get paid more.

If we could replace Jefferson or Biedrins (both expected to invoke their player options) and get Barnes with the deal, then GSW could amnesty the other, and we could amnesty the one we get...

You can't amnesty a player you trade for. Only players who signed with their current team before the new labor deal are eligible to be amnestied.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

I know Pierce is a Celtic legend and all, but for the good of the team, The Celtics will have to use the amnesty clause on Paul Pierce.

It's hard but "Father time is undefeated."

Watching him play is just painful.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to darkman20's comment:

I know Pierce is a Celtic legend and all, but for the good of the team, The Celtics will have to use the amnesty clause on Paul Pierce.

It's hard but "Father time is undefeated."

Watching him play is just painful.

Totally agree!

Whatever! Your full of it... LOL  You'd cry yourself to sleep if the Celts don't let Pierce retire in green. 

I bet if the Celts really do amnesty Pierce and ask him to sign back on for less money, but Pierce says screw that and signs with another team instead, you wouldn't call him "Traitor Pierce".

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Already before Allen left, he was not a franchise great and it was highly doubtful that his jersey would be retired here. That is not his fault, he just came here to late in his career. Also KG's jersey should not go to the rafters. Both players just haven't been her long enough and haven't been here in their prime. Even though KG and his defensive/team play is a role model for this ball club on the court. This and Ray's work ethic in the gym has turned this franchise around after many years of darkness.

The only slim chance both had, was to win a 2nd title in 2010. But even then it was not a safe thing IMO.

PP is a different story. He was here for his entire career. He will always be a celtic.

Neverthless: A guy who left as a free agent, never complaint in public during his time here, was a role model for the younger players and was not really treated nicely by our GM, should not be called a traitor. He was one very important key giving us a title in 2008. If the C's and their fans claim to be special ("the celtics family") then calling him "traitor Ray" is pretty classless IMO.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

KG's #5 needs to be retired. The 22-year drought ended when KG came to Boston in 2007.

I will never agree that KG is on the same level with Larry Bird and Tim Duncan. But KG is the reason the championship drought ended.

And come on, "TRAITOR RAY" has a nice ring to it. Just don't take it personally.

Well, I don't take it personally. I just think it is classless and it doesn't fit the Celtics style.

And as much I like KG, I think his jersey should go to the rafters in Minnesota.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

"Its a business decisiion!" We'll always love ya! BYE-BYE, P-P!!!  Don't forget to tape up them ankles!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Give me choice #2 any day. I doube GS would do that though. I'm thinking #4 is more realistic.

I would take #1 in a heartbeat

"Its a business decisiion!" We'll always love ya! BYE-BYE, P-P!!!  Don't forget to tape up them ankles!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Already before Allen left, he was not a franchise great and it was highly doubtful that his jersey would be retired here. That is not his fault, he just came here to late in his career. Also KG's jersey should not go to the rafters. Both players just haven't been her long enough and haven't been here in their prime. Even though KG and his defensive/team play is a role model for this ball club on the court. This and Ray's work ethic in the gym has turned this franchise around after many years of darkness.

The only slim chance both had, was to win a 2nd title in 2010. But even then it was not a safe thing IMO.

PP is a different story. He was here for his entire career. He will always be a celtic.

Neverthless: A guy who left as a free agent, never complaint in public during his time here, was a role model for the younger players and was not really treated nicely by our GM, should not be called a traitor. He was one very important key giving us a title in 2008. If the C's and their fans claim to be special ("the celtics family") then calling him "traitor Ray" is pretty classless IMO.

KG's #5 needs to be retired. The 22-year drought ended when KG came to Boston in 2007.

I will never agree that KG is on the same level with Larry Bird and Tim Duncan. But KG is the reason the championship drought ended.

And come on, "TRAITOR RAY" has a nice ring to it. Just don't take it personally.

IF KG gets his jersey retire, then Ray should also have his jersey retire too.  Even you admitted that if it was not for Ray, there would be no KG = no championship.   Ray was a big part of the championship run, and started the whole Big #3 resurgence...and would have been finals MVP if objectivism won out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i didn't really follow GS in the post-season. what happened to lee's numbers in the playoffs? looks like they dropped off from the regular season. was he hurt? he's also older, like 30, right?

I didn't follow closely either, but he got hurt in game 1 and it was announced that he was out for the playoffs.  I don't know what the injury was, but after a few missed games he came back and played 1 minute (sort of ceromoniously).  He then came off the bench and played very limited minutes the rest of the playoffs.  I assume he was far from 100%.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.