Paul Pierce's TEAM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Paul Pierce's TEAM

This is Paul Pierce's team and he is not healthy yet, but close.  Doc who is in charge of everything is not coaching very well at this time, but I look for him to recover.  Pietrus looks good and along with Bass and other subs  that HAVE been used little, should make a big difference, if Doc wakes up in time. We need seven plus games with Pietrus and the big three together.   If Doc would start Bass and the young center with Ray, Paul, and Rondo, we would be younger and faster.  KG, Pietrus, and JO comming off the bench would be huge for us.  KG could be rested when Bass is having a good game, and HE could be used as a spark plug at important times during the game.  Pietrus could rest Paul and Ray and could play around 30 minutes a game.  Wilcox and JO could sub in and WE COULD keep a fresh agressive center in the game.  Bradlely could run the camera and get shots of Doc coaching.  Danny could find us one more big and one more shooter, even if we ARE FORCED TO  to buy out a couple of guys.  We could finsih 5th or 6th and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Early to Panic, mabey

Wow maryngary, you have alot of "woulds" and "coulds" but you make some good points.  I agree that Pierce is not in shape yet and when he does finally get in shape, he will undoubtedly play better.  Pietrus also needs to get into game shape and once he is, he'll be a contributor too.

I don't think it's time to panic as bad as we're playing.  However, if we're playing this way a month from now, it might be time to make some moves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Petey, when Pierce gets in shape, will it be too late?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Early to Panic, mabey:
    [QUOTE]Wow maryngary, you have alot of "woulds" and "coulds" but you make some good points.  I agree that Pierce is not in shape yet and when he does finally get in shape, he will undoubtedly play better.  Pietrus also needs to get into game shape and once he is, he'll be a contributor too. I don't think it's time to panic as bad as we're playing.  However, if we're playing this way a month from now, it might be time to make some moves.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

agree with everything except the moves. if we arent going to get better then i dont think theres a move that will put us over the top. not a move we will be able to pull off at least. i expect pierce to get into decent shape by the end of next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'd rather not make the playoffs than finish as a 7 or 8 seed.  A 4 or 5 seed, is okay, as we have shown in the past.  But having to play MIA or CHI in the first round.......no thanks, let's rebuild quickly and start with a new 82 next year!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Early to Panic, mabey:
    [QUOTE]This is Paul Pierce's team and he is not healthy yet, but close.  Doc who is in charge of everything is not coaching very well at this time, but I look for him to recover.  Pietrus looks good and along with Bass and other subs  that HAVE been used little, should make a big difference, if Doc wakes up in time. We need seven plus games with Pietrus and the big three together.   If Doc would start Bass and the young center with Ray, Paul, and Rondo, we would be younger and faster.  KG, Pietrus, and JO comming off the bench would be huge for us.  KG could be rested when Bass is having a good game, and HE could be used as a spark plug at important times during the game.  Pietrus could rest Paul and Ray and could play around 30 minutes a game.  Wilcox and JO could sub in and WE COULD keep a fresh agressive center in the game.  Bradlely could run the camera and get shots of Doc coaching.  Danny could find us one more big and one more shooter, even if we ARE FORCED TO  to buy out a couple of guys.  We could finsih 5th or 6th and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Panic about what?  Having an overrated team that will likely be the 5th or 6th seed and get flushed in the first or second round and somehow start to realize that the lottery is not a bad position to be in.....  where the real players that will be the basis of the core of the future come from?  ... panic about what?

If you have realistic expectations then there should not be any point during the season at which one should panic, the Cs were summarily dismissed by Miami last year and the Heat are better and the Cs are worse so what are your expectations other than an early exit and a start at rebuilding?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Early to Panic, mabey : I agree with some of your post...........I definitely agree that we should start Steisma and bring JO off the bench.....the only problem is that if Steisma gets into early foul trouble we could be in trouble.....but maybe not.......just sub Wilcox and JO for those occasions..........I also think that once Pietrus gets into game shape to start him and have either Ray or PP to come off the bench......whoever is hot gets the minutes.....By starting Pietrus it also gives us more hope of someone running with Rondo........he cannot continue to be a one man fast break or he will be broker by the AS break.........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

no arguments with this post. consider playing paul with the second unit untill he gets in shape? can be a scorer for them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Wow maryngary, you have alot of "woulds" and "coulds" but you make some good points.  I agree that Pierce is not in shape yet and when he does finally get in shape, he will undoubtedly play better.  Pietrus also needs to get into game shape and once he is, he'll be a contributor too. I don't think it's time to panic as bad as we're playing.  However, if we're playing this way a month from now, it might be time to make some moves.

The question should be, why did Pierce come in so far our of shape, if that is the problem. Ray didn't come in out of shape, nor did KG, didn't Pierce know or care, that coming in out of shape would hurt the team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kyceltic,
    This question regarding Pierce is the greatest mystery of the Celtics so far this season.  How could a known gym rat like Pierce not be ready to go in a season that was the big three's last season.  It is confounding to me and it is driving me crazy. He looked good in the two first games he played in but now looks like an alien in Pierce's uniform.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Early to Panic, mabey : The question should be, why did Pierce come in so far our of shape, if that is the problem. Ray didn't come in out of shape, nor did KG, didn't Pierce know or care, that coming in out of shape would hurt the team?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

he got hurt the first day of "training camp". he is in shape, just not basketball shape. he had a foot injury which means no running, no sprinting, for 2+ weeks. that puts anyone out of shape.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Petey, when Pierce gets in shape, will it be too late?
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I think this team has until sometime in early February to get into that flow and both Pierce and Pietrus should be in game playing shape by then.  It won't be too late.  However, if we're talking about mid to late February and these guys are still lethargic and playing with no energy, we're finished.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Nice post Petey.  I agree with you.  Tell me you thoughts on PP.  Don't you think if you have a foot problem like PP had and I assume its still bothering him,  it kind of makes it hard to get in shape.  If you can't run much it makes it difficult.  I also don't think its time to panic.  I also think Doc has got to change his philosophy.  He HAS to get the younger players some playing time, even if it costs us games.  Geez were losing anyway.  Doc did make a change tonight and i think it may be the right move with Bass,  it just didn't work tonight.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Early to Panic, mabey : Panic about what?  Having an overrated team that will likely be the 5th or 6th seed and get flushed in the first or second round and somehow start to realize that the lottery is not a bad position to be in.....  where the real players that will be the basis of the core of the future come from?  ... panic about what? If you have realistic expectations then there should not be any point during the season at which one should panic, the Cs were summarily dismissed by Miami last year and the Heat are better and the Cs are worse so what are your expectations other than an early exit and a start at rebuilding?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder, why do you always show up when things aren't going well and then dissappear when things are going well. (other than rag on Rondo)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Paul Pierce's TEAM

In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's TEAM:
    [QUOTE]Two words, FATHER TIME!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Two words:

Ugh! Arrrgggggghhhhh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Early to Panic, mabey : he got hurt the first day of "training camp". he is in shape, just not basketball shape. he had a foot injury which means no running, no sprinting, for 2+ weeks. that puts anyone out of shape.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Its hard for some people to understand that.  For all we know it is still bothering him.  One thing he still puts effort on defense which I can't say for some that put all their effort on getting open for a shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Pierce was getting killed defensively tonight.  When Deng had the ball it was like putting on his napking and getting his knife and fork because he was feasting on Pierce.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

What injury? I've seen nothing to tell me that PP has an injury except words. PP is over it. He doesn't have the heart or desire to play for a championship so ship him out. Can not believe how hard it is for people to see that. Making excuses for PP is almost as bad as PP making excuses for himself!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce was getting killed defensively tonight.  When Deng had the ball it was like putting on his napking and getting his knife and fork because he was feasting on Pierce.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Deng fiested on anyone in his way. He was makinig outside shots, so they closed on him, and not one person got in his way to the basket. BTW Deng is a very good player.  I watche Ray having to force a three with not much time on the time clock and we had not one person in the paint to rebound.  They had to know he was going to shoot.  They were all standing around.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's TEAM :   Deng fiested on anyone in his way. He was makinig outside shots, so they closed on him, and not one person got in his way to the basket. BTW Deng is a very good player.  I watche Ray having to force a three with not much time on the time clock and we had not one person in the paint to rebound.  They had to know he was going to shoot.  They were all standing around.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Doc's offensive scheme are not working for the players on this team anymore.  It is time to revamp the offense and run some innovative plays.  Put bass on the block, put Steismsa on the Block, start Pietrus to go with Ray and Rondo.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Pierce's TEAM : Bass is not effective on the block because he's too short, he's only 6-8. That's why Bass wants to play on the perimeter. Stiemsma is not a low post player.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Is Moses Malone available?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

Paul is obviously still injured (not out of shape) but trying to suck it up and play anyway. I still think he has plantar faciitis, which can linger for months if you're not careful.

Doc should see it like everyone and sit him until he's healthy enough to contribute for real on a nightly basis. In the meantime, bring in JaJaun Johnson and let him provide some energy and fan interest! This season could still be fun to watch if Doc played the youth, even if they lost a bunch of games.