Pavolic is comming! Pavolic is comming!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Pavolic is comming! Pavolic is comming!

Seriously, who is left to sign. Powe, Arroyo, Curry? But I do like the new look Celtics. Its going to look great at times, and probably a little shaky at others.
    I like the high scoring games, and when the defense starts to clamp down, this team is scary. Rondo could really rack up some stats now. Good combination of size, experience and youth.  Perk who? Jealous, laker trolls?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Re: Pavolic is comming! Pavolic is comming!

I have a problem with guys named "Sasha". It doesn't strike fear in the hearts of opponents. Maybe we can just refer to him as "Pavlov's mad dog" or something to that effect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Pavolic is comming! Pavolic is comming!:
    [QUOTE]I have a problem with guys named "Sasha". It doesn't strike fear in the hearts of opponents. Maybe we can just refer to him as "Pavlov's mad dog" or something to that effect.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]
    When Alexander "Sasha" Pavlovic played for the Cleveland Cavaliers he was noted for his tough defense and streak shooting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Sasha"  and "Troy" synonym of the word 'REJECTS"

How many more "REJECTS" we need to bring as the future players of the Celtics?
    How many more!!!

...who is next reject to come?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let's not get too excited.  He had two ten day contracts just this season and neither renewed.  I mean what do you think this guy will accomplish for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i'm not used to seeing all these white people on the team Foot in mouth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

a wing to spell pierce? isn't that what green is? or are they seeing him as more of a 4? my concern from now til june will be PG. just hope rondo can stay healthy. otherwise...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]"Sasha"  and "Troy" synonym of the word 'REJECTS" How many more "REJECTS" we need to bring as the future players of the Celtics? How many more!!! ...who is next reject to come?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I don't consider Troy a reject.  Maybe a player that didn't fit in.  He has always had good stats.  The ones left are basically rejects.  Sasha has had his chance with a good Cavs team and the Mavs this year and they didn't want him.  No one else seems to want them either.  I don't think Danny's big plan before the deadline was picking up Pavo.  So with 3 roster spots we fill with Murph.  I don't count Johnson cause we could have had him anytime.  I think maybe we wasted Erden for nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

All these trades haven't paid off yet.  I know it hasn't even been a week, but because the Celtics play unselfish teamball, knowing the system is just as important as the skill set you bring.
    Maybe the most important factor in whether all these new faces ultimately help us or not is how fast they can learn.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Murphy's stats are misleading in two ways:  The vast majority of his positive stats have come against weaker teams; but he also matches up frequently against way more athletic players and seems to hold his own. 

But he's not trash by any stretch of the imagination.  I've been hugely critical of the Perk deal (and still am a bit), but I do get the upside to this trade.  Celts are more mobile and faster now in the 3,4, and 5 spots.  I had no idea Kristic could move like that (two 360 moves last night; gratned, he clanked the shots).
    I loved watching Jeff Green run the floor last night.  Not crazy about the number of bricks he's put up so far, but the man can run in a pretty high gear.

Defense wins titles, and this team needs to teach the newbies how to do it better.  We probably won't even see Shaq until we get down the the wire, and JO is, imo, done.  If BB is or isn't injured, they need to consider resting him, too.  The C's have gone 6-1 lately, including a 3-1 stint out west.  They can carry this...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Murphy doesn't have good stats for a 6'11" player (see Gasol).   I think he has always been an inconsistant shooter.   You think you're seeing Chris Mullins.   Instead you get (I can't think of anybody...? Dunleavy !!!)       
       Krystic: I think that what some people call a 360, others call a spin.   If he did a 360, then it was while he was 4" off the floor

Pavlovic: He IS NOT a defensive player.   In fact that's why he got inconsistant minutes for the Cavs.   He looks like he could be cause he's pretty athletic.   He shot is also inconsistant tho it's a nice looking shot (a la House).   His game expands thou, if he looks to drive to the hoop instead of just taking the jump shot.   I think I would've prefered Rasual Butler.   His shot is more consistant (tho he might not be as athletic and I can't speak about his D)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

sasha pavlovic is a tony allen with less D and more offense
    he's also got playoff experience with a top team - the cavs 
    so, great addition ! in many ways, i think better than corey brewer, anthony parker and... nate robinson

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

What's Pavlovic''s stats. Size, weight and shooting? Does anyone know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Jeff Green = best player in the Perk deal.  Good skills, good upside.  Contributes now; will get even better going forward.

Nenad Krstic = more mobile than I thought, good offense, big body, adequate defense.  Contributes now.

Troy Murphy = good (not great) player with good skills; brings length, good enough offense, adequate defense.  Will contribute before season's end and in playoffs.

Sasha Pavolovic = who cares?  If Danny signs him and he brings something it's a plus, otherwise he's a roster filler IMHO.

I'm prepared for the ensuing flak but I think the team is at least as good as it was prior to the trade and will be measurably better before season's end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]What's Pavlovic''s stats. Size, weight and shooting? Does anyone know?
    Posted by bobbestgolf[/QUOTE]

17. Height: 6-7
  18. Weight: 235
  19. Career 35% 3-pt shooter

20. Source:  Yahoo Sports

• You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

he's a career 5-7 points per game, more or less with 3-4 rebounds
    but so weak numbers because of the way he's always played = let's say a guy who takes some shots per game and not a shooting machine
    in some ways he reminds me of lamar odom with less much talent and playing 2-3 instead than 3-4....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

None of these guys from buyouts are going to make a difference (unless Murphy miraculously reverts back to years past before his horrible stats at NJ).   Chris Johnson, Murphy,  Sasha, etc are all guys who couldn't make it in several other BAD teams.  They will be slightly positive or slightly negative for us around the edges, but they won't be important to a championship run.

The REAL key for our championship run is Rondo, KG, Ray, PP, Shaq, BBD, Green, D West, and Krstic, how healthy they are, and how well they play.   So, the issue with all these people we're spending so much time talking about in buyout situations and spend so many threads discussing.....are people who will get just a little playing time during the rest of the season and even LESS playing time in the playoffs when the rotations are shortened.

How much is it shortened?  In the 2008 championship 6 games, Ray Allen averaged about 42 mins; Pierce about 41;  Rondo 25; Garnett about 39; PJ Brown about 20, and Posey about 28, House about 18.  These are all approximates from looking up the box scores on ESPN.   The other guys (Perk,Davis, Powe, Caselle, and Tony Allen ALL averaged 9 to 2 minutes).  They all had a couple of moments in the game, but throughout the series, they didn't have a big impact.  Powe had one great game, Cassell had one good game.  So, 7 guys got all the minutes.   This year, 8 guys will get 90% of all the minutes. 

My point - Sasha or no Sasha...he won't matter.  Murphy likely won't matter.  Chris Johnson likely won't matter.  The Key is the starters and the top 3 subs.  S, Green, Krstic, Shaq, JON, and D West will matter.  Players from buyouts are rejects who may give us 10 good minutes somewhere down the line and that's about all we can expect of them.   Let's lower our expectations for these guys.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]None of these guys from buyouts are going to make a difference (unless Murphy miraculously reverts back to years past before his horrible stats at NJ).   Chris Johnson, Murphy,  Sasha, etc are all guys who couldn't make it in several other BAD teams.  They will be slightly positive or slightly negative for us around the edges, but they won't be important to a championship run. The REAL key for our championship run is Rondo, KG, Ray, PP, Shaq, BBD, Green, D West, and Krstic, how healthy they are, and how well they play.   So, the issue with all these people we're spending so much time talking about in buyout situations and spend so many threads discussing.....are people who will get just a little playing time during the rest of the season and even LESS playing time in the playoffs when the rotations are shortened. How much is it shortened?  In the 2008 championship 6 games, Ray Allen averaged about 42 mins; Pierce about 41;  Rondo 25; Garnett about 39; PJ Brown about 20, and Posey about 28, House about 18.  These are all approximates from looking up the box scores on ESPN.   The other guys (Perk,Davis, Powe, Caselle, and Tony Allen ALL averaged 9 to 2 minutes).  They all had a couple of moments in the game, but throughout the series, they didn't have a big impact.  Powe had one great game, Cassell had one good game.  So, 7 guys got all the minutes.   This year, 8 guys will get 90% of all the minutes.  My point - Sasha or no Sasha...he won't matter.  Murphy likely won't matter.  Chris Johnson likely won't matter.  The Key is the starters and the top 3 subs.  S, Green, Krstic, Shaq, JON, and D West will matter.  Players from buyouts are rejects who may give us 10 good minutes somewhere down the line and that's about all we can expect of them.   Let's lower our expectations for these guys.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Can't say I disagree much with this analysis, with the possible exception of Murphy.  I'm inclined to think that he will make a contribution before season's end.  That said, if the Celts have to rely on any of the buy-out signings for much more than a few minutes a game then there's a problem.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thats 5 subs.

5 starters plus Kristic, Green, BBD, JON & DW

10 man rotation is big for Doc but most of the minutes coming at center where we need 3-4 players, inclusive of BBD

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I am not counting on JON much so I guess mentally, I didn't count him in the final list (I would think of him plus Shaq as one person given the minutes they can each play).   So, I think 9 is the number.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

These trades have strengthened our core players by allowing more rest when playing the weaker teams. Some critize Doc for leaving the bench in too long. But how els do you prepare them? Game situations much different from practice. So the bench gets prepared for meaninfull minutes when called upon.
    And the bottom rung of players can fill gaps when needed. Even if they are retreads from other teams, they are still experience nba players. The guys, we gave up Semih and Luke, would have taken too long to develop. Doc can focus on working with the new guys and developing Avery into a solid contributor and or future trade chip with draft picks. In the end, this mixture of young/seasoned players should pay dividends. Keep in mind that the future beyond the Big Three looks brighter than before. Some teams take decades to rebuild. Danny just did it overnight! Everyone else has noticed this genius, because they are following the same formula (BIG Three)+Defense= $$Championships$$

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Good solid signings for Danny! Pavlovic can shoot the three and he has a chemistry with Shaq and West. Troy will be just fine,as a power foward his size alone allows Doc a lot of flexibility.This will be a solid unit provided they are healthy come playoff time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Sasha's a 2/3 while Green's a 3/4 ... more flexibility. Mavs were sure to add Sasha until Brewer was released and even then they considered going with Sasha so he wasn't exactly unwanted.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    you can`t always get what yo want, but if you try sometime, you just might find you get what you need.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not get too excited.  He had two ten day contracts just this season and neither renewed.  I mean what do you think this guy will accomplish for us.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    both expireds were with DALLAS!

• Sections
    Shortcuts