Peja & Murphy Would be Old Time Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: Peja & Murphy Would be Old Time Celtics

In Response to Peja & Murphy Would be Old Time Celtics:
    The Old Time Boston Celtics would have taken Peja and Murphy in a heart-beat.Great shooters,experienced,winners and smart players- no brainer. Red used to bring in players like Walton,Pistol Pete,Wedman and other vets to play for a championship every year. Ainge looks for only athletes . Murphy and Peja agents never even call the Celtics,they know Danny is not looking for their type of client. Boston plays only one class player Ray Allen,the rest are thugs. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Go find a white league so you can play your white atheletes cause the jest of your conversation is based on race. But your too much of a punk racist to say what you really want to say. First it was a sheet you hid behind now it's a screen name so you can now blog your racist crap. You are fooling no one....you pathetic piece of crap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

"The stiff that was sent to PHX for Dennis Johnson"?

Ah, Rick Robey.

In retrospect that was one of the most one-sided trades ever. But  at the time Robey was actually regarded as a promising talent and PHX was looking to get bigger while the C's were looking for someone who could slow down Andrew Toney, a/k/a The Boston Strangler.

Can't recall if the Suns got bigger but Robey sure did.  He got injured, put on a ton of weight, and that was pretty much it for him.

An unintended side effect of shipping out Robey was that Bird racheted up his already superior game a couple of notches. 

The two big white guys were best drinking buddies and Robey led the way.  With no one left to belt down post game beers into the early dawn hours with, Bird had the first of his three straight MVP seasons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

In Response to Re: Peja & Murphy Would be Old Time Celtics:
    "The stiff that was sent to PHX for Dennis Johnson"? Ah, Rick Robey. In retrospect that was one of the most one-sided trades ever. But  at the time Robey was actually regarded as a promising talent and PHX was looking to get bigger while the C's were looking for someone who could slow down Andrew Toney, a/k/a The Boston Strangler. Can't recall if the Suns got bigger but Robey sure did.  He got injured, put on a ton of weight, and that was pretty much it for him. An unintended side effect of shipping out Robey was that Bird racheted up his already superior game a couple of notches.  The two big white guys were best drinking buddies and Robey led the way.  With no one left to belt down post game beers into the early dawn hours with, Bird had the first of his three straight MVP seasons.
    Posted by pliu
    Ah, yes. Rick Robey. U da man for remembering that and the reason we got DJ. I remember the first game DJ played against "The Boston Strangler". He held Toney in check for three quarters but then he went off in the 4th and the 6ers won. DJ stated that at least he held him down for 3 Qtrs. K.C. Jones told him that we didn't bring you here to hold him down for 3 but for 4 Qtrs. DJ got the message and was stellar against "The Strangler" and others after that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

How about an all white Celtic team? Catch is everyone has to be from 1970 0n. Cowens and Bird of course and Hondo and McKale and my favorite " High" Hank Finkel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Hey a team Run would drool over?

How about Bird, McHale, Cowens Cousy and Havlicek?

I'd go to war with that group.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Oh I forget, Run has a hard on for foreign players not white players.

My bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

In Response to Re: Peja & Murphy Would be Old Time Celtics : Ah, yes. Rick Robey. U da man for remembering that and the reason we got DJ. I remember the first game DJ played against "The Boston Strangler". He held Toney in check for three quarters but then he went off in the 4th and the 6ers won. DJ stated that at least he held him down for 3 Qtrs. K.C. Jones told him that we didn't bring you here to hold him down for 3 but for 4 Qtrs. DJ got the message and was stellar against "The Strangler" and others after that!
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan

Man, Andrew Toney was a LOAD wasn't he.  If his career hadn't been cut short
    by foot injuries, the guy would have been a lock for the HOF.

He was one of the few opponents who struck fear in my heart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

As I used to tell my friends, who wondered why I rooted for 'all those white Celtics', I'd tell em that at least our 'white boys' could play!!! My 'All White' Celtic five would be: Cowens, Hondo, McHale, Bird, and JoJo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Uhhh.... JoJo is black.

But who cares?  If they'e on the Celtcis all I see is green.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

man, stacom was so bad you wanted to maul yourself watching those games
    Posted by aciemvp

Stacom gave me his autograph when I was a kid.  I got in the locker room one time after an exhibition game and he was cool. But yeah...he stunk.

Hank Finkel told me to basically to go screw when I asked him for one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

at least judkins was halfway decent compared to feckless kreklow.  i mean drafting a tuna sandwich would have done more than kreklow did. and duerod- he was my favorite bench celtic that one year.  then he got hurt.  and it was over.  i thought for sure "doooo" would have broken through for some meaningful minutes the way he stroked that ball.  but ya can't do it on one knee and surgery technology back then. stacom was awful.  he got minutes and still averaged 2.1 ppg on low 40% shooting.  i'm not sure what was worse, the skills or the mop..... :-O
    Posted by aciemvp

I loved Duerod as well man.  You gotta love the guy at the end of the bench who just comes in and jacks them up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Uhhh.... JoJo is black. But who cares?  If they'e on the Celtcis all I see is green.
    Posted by paulliu

I Hate having to explain my jokes, but JoJo WHITE? Duhhhhh.

Sections
Shortcuts