People are Jumping off the Miami Heat Band Wagon Faster than the Burning Carnival Cruise Ship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

People are Jumping off the Miami Heat Band Wagon Faster than the Burning Carnival Cruise Ship

LOL, just a few weeks ago, seemingly everyone: ESPN, Yahoo sports, SI...all the so-called-experts---WHATEVER---had already crowned the Miami Heat as NBA champs for this year and years to come, now, these same so-called experts have already changed their minds.

I can't help but be exceedingly glad at the Heat's current struggles, and can only hope things for them get even worst...I know, I sound really UGLY & MEAN...LOL.

BTW: Go GO Ray Allen, only 92 more 3pointers to GO!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: People are Jumping off the Miami Heat Band Wagon Faster than the Burning Carnival Cruise Ship

ray, I agree.  Seems like everyone is jumping ship.  But then again, it's kind of obvious this isn't Big 3 - part 3.  In 2007/2008, the "new" Celtics started out with a record of 29 - 3.  Rondo was still young and unproven and Perk had not yet come into his own.  I think it's unrealistic to think Miami would have a start like that but I also don't think 5 -4 was expected either.

Honestly, they are not a good team.  Cleveland last year is better than Miami this year.  Miami has 2 exceptional players (Bron and Wade) and the rest are average, at best.  Bosh is good but, again, in this system, average.  After Bron and Wade, nobody strikes fear in your heart.  If one of these guys is off his game, they are in trouble.

I think they totally underestimated the committment and sacrifice required by each player to make this work.  Bron is used to "taking over" when times get tough and that takes away from Wade, Bosh and the others.  Wade needs the ball but he cannot get into a groove because Bron has the ball.  And Bosh just looks totally lost and unsure of his role.

They have no PG and no interior presence.  And they have ONE injury, Miller and he's no difference maker.  I think when he returns and they see no significant improvement, they will start to panic.  Bron is already throwing his coach under the bus.  Last night, he said "Spo played him too many minutes".  I've never heard a defending MVP, ALL NBA player complain about playing TOO MANY MINUTES!

I'm loving every minute of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: People are Jumping off the Miami Heat Band Wagon Faster than the Burning Carnival Cruise Ship

What's funny is all the so-called experts picked the Heat to win the East. Well as they kept signing players I kept saying "that's it!". How can you as an expert go to all these games and not know the Heat didn't have any bigs. C'mon! Who's paying these people? It's the sexy pick but those of us who saw it early saw they had plenty of holes. Now they're talking like Mike Miller is the next Havlicek. He will help but that's not they're weakness.

Let them jump ship...and drown. They won't get on the C's ship.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great thread and I would imagine that many NBA fans are happy to see Miami struggling so far this season.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

wojnarski and all the shlub "sports writers" are the first ones with the broken ankles.  i'm sure it happened @ espn too. the first time the heat strung together two blowouts (of medicore and HORRIBLE teams i might add) they were declared to be "serving notice" to the nba about how it was going to be with this new dynasty shark in the waters.

what a laugh.  spoelstra's family must have packed up all the sharp objects and they're cutting their steaks with plastic knives now.  the poor guy must really know what he's in for.  you could see it when his face was falling about three inches per pan/zoom tv camera shot every time boston disemboweled the heat last night.

watch for spo' to get the doo' (door) real soon.  and i'd be shocked if old lazy riley took the roost.  but any hope of bronny listening to anyone- well, there isn't any with a younger coach on the bench.  and perhaps not with any coach on the bench.  i mean look at mike brown- he's so disgusted with the business that he's coaching old ladies knitting somewhere right now- he left the freakin' sport after a dose of bronny. 

i love it.  i knew it would happen.  IF the heats win it all, it will be in a matter of years, not THIS year and from now on.  and they probably have to get rid of bosh to do it, he is an affront to all 6-11 guys who don't want to be known as brad sellers prototypes.  well, he's a little better than that, but not much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I love it ! Hope those egos (actually LeBron) never wins a title! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I wish Eddie House didn't play for them!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i loved eddie, but i'd take nate all day long over him for the added skills he brings.  younger, faster, can streak shoot about as good, BETTER ball handler, probably better passer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Well "They couldn't go 82-0" and "Rome wasn't built in a day" ... What should they do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Guys like Pippen, Barkley and Olajuwon couldn't pull it off. Even Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton fell short. Just because Pierce, Ray and KG did it 2008 people are already thinking that it's automatic for Bron, Wade and Bosh to have the same success as the Celtics Big 3 did. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Heat have 2 big holes or 2 achilles heals to phrase it. Center and point guard. There are only5  positions on the court at one time. When 2 of 5 are weaknesses, its going to limit a teams success.
         I almost dislike Pat Riley as much as Tommy Heinsohn does. I love to see them lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

I'm almost tempted to hop on the burning Cruise Ship myself. Then I remember my pyromaniac ways and douse it with a tub of hard liquor. In fact, I heard they got free booze on the trip. Sounds pretty similar to Lebron's stay in Miami so far; free drinks, lots of big fake-titted MILFS and yet still you're disappointed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: People are Jumping off the Miami Heat Band Wagon Faster than the Burning Carnival Cruise Ship:
    Guys like Pippen, Barkley and Olajuwon couldn't pull it off. Even Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton fell short. Just because Pierce, Ray and KG did it 2008 people are already thinking that it's automatic for Bron, Wade and Bosh to have the same success as the Celtics Big 3 did. 
    Posted by P34

But that won't stop teams from attempting to assemble their own 'big three' combinations.

The type of player and personality type was what helped KG, Allen and Pierce. Probably the personality type was the biggest factor of their success.

It's just as much a lesson for teams that the Drexler/Olajuwon combination was successful while adding another piece, Barkley didn't do much for the team at all. Would have been good to have had Drexler and Olajuwon together for longer. Preferably with Hakeem in Portland!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

You know the funny thing is all their role players are playing very well.  It may take them a year to get it together.  Also don't discount the fact that Lebron and Bosh are heartless and may not have the killer instict that most champs possess.
    Not much was made about it-but Lebron publicly called out the coach for playing him too many minutes-this after getting beat down and embarassed by the Jazz and going up against the Celts who also beat them down for a 2nd time in 2 weeks.  Bird, Jordan or Kobe would never do that-those guys would be seething.

Rumors of them bringing in Erik Dampier would help bulk up their frontline considerably. 

Sections
Shortcuts