Perfect Time To Make A Trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Re: Perfect Time To Make A Trade

I think a blow up is in order due to this slip up by Garnett last night....

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/2/14/3987808/last-all-star-game-for-kevin-garnett-hinting-at-retirement

There is definitely talk going on in that respect I believe.  Problem is getting the deal that would benefit the Celts in the long run at this point.  He's another rumor....

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/2/13/3986796/josh-smith-rumor

Dunno if this is real or what, but again, wheres there smoke there is fire.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We don't have anything to trade."

agreed. Ainge said as much today. 

Fierce you're wrong on this one man. Trade deadline will come and go, we'll make a minor move but nothing major. I'm not saying that's the right decision but that's Ainge's stance. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We don't have anything to trade.

1 week to go, Kirk.

Just remember me when Ainge pulls the trigger.

LOL you say there will be a trade every other day with every permutation and combination possible so yea eventually you might be right about a trade the Celtics make.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"We don't have anything to trade."

agreed. Ainge said as much today. 

Fierce you're wrong on this one man. Trade deadline will come and go, we'll make a minor move but nothing major. I'm not saying that's the right decision but that's Ainge's stance. 

of course he's wrong but he posts every permutation and combination possible to make himself look right just in case there is a trade. ;)

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We don't have anything to trade.

1 week to go, Kirk.

Just remember me when Ainge pulls the trigger.

LOL you say there will be a trade every other day with every permutation and combination possible so yea eventually you might be right about a trade the Celtics make.

Come on, from the very start I always believed Ainge will make a trade.

Doesn't matter if I'm wrong or right. I want the Celtics to succeed, that's why it's a must Ainge does his job to improve this team.

Back in 2008 there was no need for a trade because the team was great.

This season the Celts clearly need a big man, a shooter, and a scorer. Doing nothing means the Celts will just get eliminated in the playoffs again.

I know just messing wit you. if it wasn't for you this board would be boaring. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I don't think any of our guards are going out the door now.  Injuries to Rondo & Barbosa took care of that.

Most likely trade would involve Bass, a #1 pick, and Melo.

Blowup would surprise me because of our recent 8-1 record.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

time running down for that trade to happen........

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Celts have 5 days off before they play the Nuggets on Tuesday. If there's a right time to make a trade it's within the next 5 days. 

Tonight's game against the Bulls was a preview of things to come in the playoffs. It's very clear  the Celts need another big man or a scorer. Actually the Celts need both, but if the Celts can't get both then at least try to get one of the two. What Ainge can't afford to do is do nothing.

=======================================

Fierce...you understand Salary Cap, Mid Level Exception, D-League Pool, Foreign players etc....can we do anything below I suggest ???

Just amazing that vs Bulls we scored 11 in the 2nd and 8 in the 3rd and won.  The much maligned Bass...seems # 1 choice for being traded...was our highest scorer with 14.  Both teams shot 37%. The Bulls, however, won the rebound battle 49-39 so 10 second chance shots. Hmmm ??? How did we win ??? Our defense was terrific causing 22 turnovers so these, like rebounds, are extra chances. Just think if we could win the rebound battle or just break even.

Firtly, let me say I like Rondo, Sully & Barbosa & Fab Melo(dunno?) but I would be willing to first try to trade Sully, Barbosa & Melo before Rondo to get Cousins or Gortat. Re: they are injured I cite the Red Sox trading Carl Crawford to the Dodgers last year while recovering from surgery so they took him on the come. Obviously, toss in Collins too and, if needed, unload Bass and even give up 1-2 draft choices. With a Big Man and I know I'm dreaming and Reddick, we'd be major contenders and all w/o a legitimate PG !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

I don't think any of our guards are going out the door now.  Injuries to Rondo & Barbosa took care of that.

Most likely trade would involve Bass, a #1 pick, and Melo.

Blowup would surprise me because of our recent 8-1 record.

You nailed it, Bass, Melo and the draft pick that is what we have to offer and  Wilcox. If it brings us something that will allow us to make a run.  It may be an interesting year like last.  KG if he is retiring needs to get  it out that he is preparing for one more glorious run like Ray Lewis. Except KG is still the key player  on the team. I  could see KG and Pierce going crazy if they use this mentality.  One good big man is all we need and a guard who can play a little.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would be happy with Redick, and Blatche. Who do we trade, i'll leave that to Ainge and Fierce!!  That's supposed to be funny!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I would be happy with Redick, and Blatche. Who do we trade, i'll leave that to Ainge and Fierce!!  That's supposed to be funny!!

I am going to predict Milwaukee is who we trade with.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

time running down for that trade to happen........

Not really. Prices go down at the trade deadline because teams expecting to lose their UFAs will be forced to deal because they end getting nothing in return if they don't deal.

... Millsap on the cheap, please! I'd give up Sullinger, 1st round pick and BB for him. Keep Melo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Although my above comment would really not be "on the cheap"

On the cheap for Millsap would be BB & a pick.