1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Perfect Time To Make A Trade

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

time running down for that trade to happen........

Not really. Prices go down at the trade deadline because teams expecting to lose their UFAs will be forced to deal because they end getting nothing in return if they don't deal.

... Millsapon the cheap, please! I'd give up Sullinger, 1st round pick and BB for him. Keep Melo.

Celts don't need to give up Sully for Millsap, if the Jazz do decide to trade him.

The Jazz don't have leverage because everybody knows they can't keep both Millsap and Big Al.

Maybe, but this is the same discussion as J. Smith. Its all about what offers are on the table. If there aren't any good offers, there may be opportunity for a deal. But there seems to be interest, especially in Big Al.

Realistically, we will need to give up more than a pick and will need another team involved to land Bass.

The other thing to think about is that we really don't have a ton of money to resign Smith or Millsap next year unless its possible to finagle Pierce's deal, KG retires or we find a way to dump more salary which would mean Terry or Lee gone. Right?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/02/14/danny-ainge-we-have-a-tough-week-ahead-of-us-when-it-comes-to-personnel-decisions/

I don't think we'll do much - but for those of us who think WE are delusional, check this out:

This from today's LA Times:

Don't want to say "told you so" but this whole Laker team needs to be as Magic said months ago, blown up & rebuilt from the bottom up....

Trade Dwight for Lopez plus.

Trade Nash for Jennings or Lowry.

Trade Gasol for Love.

If Kobe is unhappy trade him as well for 1st round picks, a half dozen of them.

Dump everyone other then Clark & hill who will be good bench guys...

Some of the trades on here make a lot more sense, wouldn't you agree??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Actually if Josh or Millsap gets traded to the Celts, Josh or Millsap can be signed by the Celts in the offseason. Remember, once a player is traded that includes the player's Bird rights.

The Celts can't sign Josh or Millsap, in the offseason, if they are not traded to Boston at the deadline. 

[/QUOTE]

Huh? If Utah doesnt not deal Millsap, he becomes a FA in the offseason. Why wouldn't we be able to sign him then (if we were to free up enough cap space for an offer)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

Phoenix already has 5 draft picks this year.

Are they really going to want/need another pick in a very acknowledged weak draft class?

Trading Gortat and not getting a center back would leave them with JON as their only big man.

Scary thought...

I think Phoenix is more apt to use Gortat for Josh Smith and they can give him a max contract. The Suns have plenty of dealable assets ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Since we are discussing trades ... I've asked this before ... does anyone here think Josh Smith is really worth MAX $$ which is 18M? I personally think he is worth what he is currently paid which is 14M, not a penny more. Look around the league at comparable players.

Zach Randolf is making like 16M, and he's been in the league longer, a better producer and player than Smith in my opinion.

David Lee is making 13M. I say they're comparable. This is the salary that Smith is worth.

David West is at 10M, Smith's younger but that much better?

Bogut is at 13M

Ibaka is at 12M though he's at a different salary level than Smith.

Point is,  Millsap is not going to demand a MAX contract and I think he is as good a player with as much potential as Smith. If we could resign Millsap at 10M for 4 years ... thats a much better deal than what we would need to offer Josh in order to keep him around for the long term.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Since we are discussing trades ... I've asked this before ... does anyone here think Josh Smith is really worth MAX $$ which is 18M? I personally think he is worth what he is currently paid which is 14M, not a penny more. Look around the league at comparable players.

Zach Randolf is making like 16M, and he's been in the league longer, a better producer and player than Smith in my opinion.

David Lee is making 13M. I say they're comparable. This is the salary that Smith is worth.

David West is at 10M, Smith's younger but that much better?

Bogut is at 13M

Ibaka is at 12M though he's at a different salary level than Smith.

Point is,  Millsap is not going to demand a MAX contract and I think he is as good a player with as much potential as Smith. If we could resign Millsap at 10M for 4 years ... thats a much better deal than what we would need to offer Josh in order to keep him around for the long term.

No but somebody will certainly make that mistake ... they always do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yup ... please refer to exhibit a: Joe Johnson; Exhibit b: Carlos Boozer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yup ... please refer to exhibit a: Joe Johnson; Exhibit b: Carlos Boozer

[/QUOTE]

lets not forget  Rashard Lewis

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

PHO has 2 firsts and 3 seconds..............last year HOU had 3 firsts and ended up with Asik, Lin and Harden.  Perhaps it's the intention of PHO to stockpile draft picks, and trade them all to move up, or get a player they really want.  None of us knows.........thus the intrigue!