PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BakedBeantown. Show BakedBeantown's posts

Re: PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!

Yeah, agreed, what's done is done. Nenad is no Perk for having that tough body in the middle but then Perk is no Nenad for offensive scoring.

I am actually loving the fact that Green is averaging in double figures off the bench and can simply outsprint everyone down the court for easy buckets. Except for Rondo (when he's truly heathy) outrunning and our Celts aren't usually mentioned in the same sentence. Haven't figured out Troy Murphy yet, I know I should know more but is he a legit big-time scorer? Arroyo's a nice spark and Sasha adds some length and the 3-point pop when on. Mostly these days I am lighting candles that Shaq gets healthy enough to play 10-12 productive minutes a game and Delonte stays injury-free. I have written off Jermaine O, hope I am wrong.

However, having said all this, it is tough to deny we are just not quite the same team we were before (fatigue, injuries, boredom?). My sense is we will compete in the Finals but if we hang #18 it will be a much different style than last year. And of course, here comes the Lake Show again making it clear the Spurs are regular season front-runners and post-season bridesmaids from the West this year. Sadly. Does anyone really think it won't be Kobe et al in the Finals?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Enough already on this topic

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

CommunistContrarian... I had a couple sites that showed all the Celtic game but about a month ago, when you visit the site, it has all these Dept of Justice logos on them... they have been shut down.

The site I use now, one that was mentioned on this forum is pretty good...carries all the games..Only trouble is its on  about a 20-30 second delay..  I try to listen to WEEi radio and watch the game but its too tough with that big a delay..

Cant even join in the blogs or here cause of it.

By the way, I stopped going to the celtics.com live blog during games. Theyre too selective of whose comments they allow.. cant even get a dialogue going cause you may get blocked out for 1/2 hour.. a joke

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

The word is swished not switched.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!:
    CommunistContrarian... I had a couple sites that showed all the Celtic game but about a month ago, when you visit the site, it has all these Dept of Justice logos on them... they have been shut down. The site I use now, one that was mentioned on this forum is pretty good...carries all the games..Only trouble is its on  about a 20-30 second delay..  I try to listen to WEEi radio and watch the game but its too tough with that big a delay.. Cant even join in the blogs or here cause of it. By the way, I stopped going to the celtics.com live blog during games. Theyre too selective of whose comments they allow.. cant even get a dialogue going cause you may get blocked out for 1/2 hour.. a joke
    Posted by Karllost
    firstrowsports.eu... just saw the entire game and watching the nbaTV postgame show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: PERK BEING PERK... OKC LOSES!:
    ..... Bottom line is no matter what any GM does in trades does not equate to real quantifying real value. Theres only about 2 million examples of this in the NBAs history
    Posted by Karllost

LOL  you are dead wrong here K-Lost!   What Danny got for Perk (in spite of his injury) is not even percieved value,  it is actual, executed value.    

Definition-   Value;   1.An amount, as of goods, services, or money, considered to be a fair and suitable equivalent for something else; a fair price or return.   
     In a market, the value is set  not by some accademic evaluation of a good, (or bystanders, fans, or critics or analysts)   but by the market, the community of actual prospective buyers and sellers of the object in question. 
         In this case Perk's MINIMUM value was demonstrated to be equal to: one 24 year old #5 draft pick swing man with tremendous upside, plous one servicable starting center with a good outside shot and decent rebounding skills, AND in addition,  a first round draft pick. In today's NBA that is MAJOR value.      Why is that his MINIMUM value,  because we will never know if some other GM might have beeen willing to pay more.    But we do know that this GM was in fact willing to pay that much. in the actual market of NBA teams for NBA players.    

In any case, in light of this trade, the Celtics decision to trade down for 27th pick Perkins eight years ago makes the celtics brain trust seem practically prescient.     At least if you don't remember that they traded up to #10 for Marcus Bank in the same deal.  

How "valuable " Perk is in terms of helping a team win basketball games  will forever be a point of argument, debate, interpretation and doubtless varied opinions  (read this forum archive on Perkins  if you don't believe me.. or better yet Rondo....  .....   But Perk's value to the Celtics and the Thunder organizations as of the trading deadline 2011 has been clearly and unequivocally established.

Sections
Shortcuts