Perk Haters Unite!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Perk Haters Unite!

All you Perk haters, those who compllained about his hands of stone, his stumbling feet, his inability to finish, his over-rated defense.

Now's the time to put your money where your mouth is.

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Perk Haters Unite!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Another incredibly dumb@ss thread/poll from Rondowski/rayman7 looking to exploit differences of opinion here at BDC.

Stir the pot, pontificate and then ride the wave, bandwagoner 'ski!

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

yawn...........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Um... weren't they "putting their money where their mouth is" when they posted the complaints in the first place? This makes no sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Perk Haters Unite!:
    [QUOTE]All you Perk haters, those who compllained about his hands of stone, his stumbling feet, his inability to finish, his over-rated defense. Now's the time to put your money where your mouth is. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

You know I usually like your posts, but 4 responses and two of them useless trolls should tell you something.  It's over and done with, man - we gotta win with who we have!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Why hasn't this ridiculous thread been deleted already? Where are the moderators?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i voted "no" just like i always said perk stank.  he was the solution for little on this team other than the bump and grind on the inside.  his hands were stone, his feet cement.

THIS TEAM WAS LEADING THE LEAGUE MOST OF THE YEAR WITH NO PERK- if we really are going down in a heap over the trading of perk for a net gain in talent in green and krstic then this team was too weak minded to go all the way to the cup anyway...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Perk Haters Unite!:
    [QUOTE]
    Perk was a non-factor on the court as were the other players traded...however that intangible of chemistry and team order is extremely important..it's not only chemistry on the court..but in the locker room..on the bus..on the plane..etc etc... Gettin 5 new players regardless is a big change..BUT the CORE FOUR need to get it together.. And defense is not really our problem..the numbers Perk produced wouldn't help the Celts now..but the comfort zone he gave the others would..

Posted by BBALLIQ[/QUOTE]

-

Very valid point about the chemistry.  That has been a big factor since the trade.

I think we do have a problem on defense since Perk left, how could we not.  These new guys don't know the rotation and screw up a lot leading to easy hoops for the opposition.

I was a big Perk supporter, but I also understood the trade and why Danny made it.  He may not have expected this much decline because of it, but he was looking down the road to the playoffs.

The trade has not played itself out yet, but if we don't go to the finals it will and should be viewed as largely a failure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

NEWS flash:  Kendrick Perkins has transformed the Thunder into the number 1 defense in the league since his arrival, that is good for him, but I still think we good more out of the trade , we just need to use it, and get the big three back on track before Ray pouts himself in a corner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

EXXXXACTLY- we need to USE the stuff we got in the trade.

Neither Green nor Krstic may be the "perfect" or "perfectly learned" system players, but they are good enough and we have a NET GAIN in talent to show for the trade.

Why has Ray's FGA plummeted recently?  That's entirely up to Ray!!  I guarantee you that if he runs his slants he gets the FGA just like he has the last three years.  Perk played 10 games for us this year and that time and ALL THE REST OF THE YEAR, Ray got his numbers as far as FGA.

Everyone needs to shut up, suck it up and do their respective jobs.  Especially #9.  But top to bottom they all need to get over themselves and whatever little pitiful sad stories they've come up with, and there HAVE BEEN SOME, as to why they shouldn't give their all to this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

While Doc laments the Celtics soft play of late, Kendrick Perkins has made a major impact in Oklahoma City. The Thunder considered a weak defensive team prior to the trade have become the league's leading defense since the addition of Perkins to their starting line-up. The Thunder with Perkins have chiseled ten and a half points off their points allowed per 100 possessions. Offensively they've also improved, but we all know it's defense that wins championships.

Looks like the fallacy that Perk is only half the player he once was was way off. There's a reason the Thunder were championed almost unanimously following the trade for stealing one of the top defensive players in the game for a couple role players. This was a major coup for the Thunder. You can't base Perkins importance to a team on traditional stats like ppg. Perk is a major force in the game.

All of this is plagerized from:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]While Doc laments the Celtics soft play of late, Kendrick Perkins has made a major impact in Oklahoma City. The Thunder considered a weak defensive team prior to the trade have become the league's leading defense since the addition of Perkins to their starting line-up. The Thunder with Perkins have chiseled ten and a half points off their points allowed per 100 possessions. Offensively they've also improved, but we all know it's defense that wins championships. Looks like the fallacy that Perk is only half the player he once was was way off. There's a reason the Thunder were championed almost unanimously following the trade for stealing one of the top defensive players in the game for a couple role players. This was a major coup for the Thunder. You can't base Perkins importance to a team on traditional stats like ppg. Perk is a major force in the game. All of this is plagerized from: http://www.celticslife.com/2011/03/perkin s-transforms-thunder-into-nbas.html
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

interesting.  post mortem perk is floating above the game, above traditional petty measures such as stats.  how about we apply the same to glen davis too? 

i continue to like the jettisoning of perkins so long as we get an o'neal back, either one of them, they can take turns if they like, but preferably both, for the playoff run.

whatever good work perkins did on the defensive end, and he did do good work, was mitigated by his disastrous lack of hands and mobility on offense.  he is a turnover waiting to happen when his team is on offense. 

i'd say to be a "major force" in the game, you'd not be giving away half your gains at the other end of the floor, no?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It amazes me how the legend of Perk has grown.

Just think... Perk has played a grand total of 9 games with the Thunder. In those 9 games he plays about 1/2 the time on average....

and in just that short time.. a little over 3 hours of playing time, hes transformed the Thunder into the top defensive team in the NBA.

All I can say is... LMAO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Too few choices.

5)  I was sorry to see him go, but understand the necessity behind the trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Perk only played 14 minutes last night against the Suns and Mahammod played 24. They started hack a Perk at the end of the game. Not sure he is the savior everybody thinks he is for Oklahoma.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Perk is not the key.  Center by committee is the key.  Shaq + JON + Semih were fine and produced the second best record in the league.  Perk + Shaq + JON were fine.  Krstic + Shaq + JON is fine.   We don't have a Dwight HOward nor a Bynum nor a Duncan type Center.  Celtics had Center by Committee and when we get that back, we'll be fine.   

Net net - Perk was tough and I liked his D, but Perk is not necessary for us to win (and I won't miss his terrible offense).  I won't have to laugh anymore when he takes 10 seconds to gather himself and jump only to have his shot blocked from behind by a guard or from the front by another center.  I wish him the best - now let's move on!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]While Doc laments the Celtics soft play of late, Kendrick Perkins has made a major impact in Oklahoma City. The Thunder considered a weak defensive team prior to the trade have become the league's leading defense since the addition of Perkins to their starting line-up. The Thunder with Perkins have chiseled ten and a half points off their points allowed per 100 possessions. Offensively they've also improved, but we all know it's defense that wins championships. Looks like the fallacy that Perk is only half the player he once was was way off. There's a reason the Thunder were championed almost unanimously following the trade for stealing one of the top defensive players in the game for a couple role players. This was a major coup for the Thunder. You can't base Perkins importance to a team on traditional stats like ppg. Perk is a major force in the game. All of this is plagerized from: http://www.celticslife.com/2011/03/perkin s-transforms-thunder-into-nbas.html
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Wow they have shaved 10.5 points per hundred possessions since Perk played for them....... oh my goodness that is amazing.... maybe it is because they played Washington, Charlotte, Toronto, Utah, and Minn - 5 of the worst teams in the league and they also played Miami and Portland - 2 playoff teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk Haters Unite! : interesting.  post mortem perk is floating above the game, above traditional petty measures such as stats.  how about we apply the same to glen davis too?  i continue to like the jettisoning of perkins so long as we get an o'neal back, either one of them, they can take turns if they like, but preferably both, for the playoff run. whatever good work perkins did on the defensive end, and he did do good work, was mitigated by his disastrous lack of hands and mobility on offense.  he is a turnover waiting to happen when his team is on offense.  i'd say to be a "major force" in the game, you'd not be giving away half your gains at the other end of the floor, no?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Not to be snotty but What do you mean we are floating above stats? Here are stats The Thunder now have the Number 1 rated Defense in basketball since the trade.

Here is another stat, the Thunder are 9-1 over their last ten games. Here is another stat, Kenrick perkins is the third Highest rated defensive Center in the league.

Another stat Related to Jeff Green Last year the Thunder were a full TEN POINTS BETTER on defense when Jeff Green was not on the court.

Sections
Shortcuts