Perk is Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Perk is Randy Moss

Everyone needs to relax. Ainge agonized over moving Perk because Perk had worked so hard to come back and he's tight with that team. Ainge agonized over losing House, TA, Posey and Powe. All these guys brought #17 to the C's.

Now, Ainge and Doc are also in Belicheck's ear all the time about the interworkings and chemistry of a team. Perk wasn't the glue to a Chip, KG is...just like Brady is for the Pats. Just like everyone panicked that the Pats moved Moss, everyone is throwing the C's off a cliff because they moved a guy when they plan to use 3 other guys to get more production. Same with the Pats, instead of using just Moss teams had to focus on 3-4 other guys.

Ainge isn't going to leave a big hole in the middle and expect Shaq to carry the team to #18. He's either got a committment from Sheed already or he's going to find another big to go with Shaq and Krstic. What none of the experts see is the 6'9 SF they just got that give them more offense and defend the wings in the East. No one is worried about Howard...he's one C. Worry about Melo, Deng, LeBron and Kobe.

Let all the pundits write off the C's. Sure the Thunder helped themselves but if they're looking for Perk to give them any offense down low they will be surprised. BTW, do the Thunder have a guy like KG playing next to Perk?? NO!

Anyone know the C's record while Perk was out??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Perk is Randy Moss

i think we'll be fine. the rest of this roadtrip might be a little bumpy. but we'll be OK in the longrun. green makes us better next year and the year after that...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Slept over thinking about this trade.. This adds a new dimension to the C's. Perk wasnt even playing in the important minutes of the game... and our game was slower than ever... and Danny was kind enough to put this guy in a great situation..awesome..excited for this..cant wait to see the new players..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't care about the years to come.  I care about this year.  We made this move and we are stuck with it.  It will be plenty bumpy and may jeopardize this year.  How will we feel if we don't make it.  I will feel like that's probably it for this team.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Or Nomar. Let's hope it's more like Nomar in 2004 than it was Moss in 2010.

I think it willl be. This is a veteran team. The Pats were a very young, developing D in 2010.

Ainge has to have another piece here somehow.

Maybe the final piece will be the Dave Roberts of the team? haha

Nomar for Cabrera and Mientkiewicz.  I forgot who for Dave Roberts.

Roberts stole the bag in Game 4 and the rest was history.

Ainge needs one more piece. Maybe two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree there is another move to be made that will ease the blow of losing Perk, but his loss isn't quite analogous to losing Moss except for the panic it seems to have set off in some fans.  You can argue that the C's are much better at the swing position, but there is no guarantee that they are as strong in the pivot. 

Time will tell whether getting a very good 3/4 man was worth the price of losing a decent center. Even with his flaws, Perk was more valuable to this team than a lot of his worst critics care to admit.      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Perk was the stability.  He was the bottle of Jim Beam in the cabinet when you wish you had some Booker's instead.  You knew what you had, at the very least.

This is why Kristic and Shaq's health is absolutely vital.

We know Green will add a new dimension, probably similar to what Posey could do but more as a slasher to the hoop and not as great on D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

BiasLewis, thank you!! I have been saying this since the trade happened. Great GM gutsy smart move. Great GMs are able to separate what is good for the team and the emotional aspect. Why are alot of people under estimating the value of Green. This guy is a scorer and can rebound. Danny plugged the huge hole for 3 and 4 backup position. Krstic is no stiff by any means. Trading Semih and Luke was clearing out roster spots for future players this year. Oh, not to get too excited but the D league guy C. Johnson looked pretty good last night. Even Doc on the post game interview was impressed with his play. How many shots did he block last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

33-10 without Perkins this year and 4-3 with him as a starter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Perk was the stability.  He was the bottle of Jim Beam in the cabinet when you wish you had some Booker's instead.  You knew what you had, at the very least.

I'm all for giving props to a man who works in that reference,that was down right proffessional grade journalistic analogy writing. That had to be one of the best paragraphs ever written on all my years on this board. I'm standing and saluting BBRiegns, well played sir,well played.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

You're right to point out the record without him.  Also right to point out the Lebron, Deng, Melo argument.  Ditto the who played at crunch time.  We have needed a 3/4 player since Posey left.  We now have one.  A potential lottery pick for the future as well.

Will we be strong in the middle?  Shot blocker?  We need the O'Neals back, but also we need to wait for the other shoe to drop.

We have 3 open roster spots!!!

PA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Was Perk on the floor finishing games...Nope! Neither is Shaq.

IF WE CAN SIGN MURPHY

Danny & Doc want to be able to close out games with good FT shooting. It can be Green, Murphy or BBD at the 4 with KG to close out games depending on which one is playing the best.

Don't be surprised if we see this lineup to close out games
    RA
    PP
    JG
    KG
    Murphy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Perk is Randy Moss:
    [QUOTE]Was Perk on the floor finishing games...Nope! Neither is Shaq. IF WE CAN SIGN MURPHY Danny & Doc want to be able to close out games with good FT shooting. It can be Green, Murphy or BBD at the 4 with KG to close out games depending on which one is playing the best. Don't be surprised if we see this lineup to close out games RA PP JG KG Murphy
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

So you don't think we will have a pt guard on the floor at the end of games.  Who will cover the opponents pt guards? Doubtful Murphy will be in the end of games.  I guess it would be nice to have him and let him play a few games before we stick him in there for crunch time.  It is not going to happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Perk is Randy Moss:
    [QUOTE]Everyone needs to relax. Ainge agonized over moving Perk because Perk had worked so hard to come back and he's tight with that team. Ainge agonized over losing House, TA, Posey and Powe. All these guys brought #17 to the C's. Now, Ainge and Doc are also in Belicheck's ear all the time about the interworkings and chemistry of a team. Perk wasn't the glue to a Chip, KG is...just like Brady is for the Pats. Just like everyone panicked that the Pats moved Moss, everyone is throwing the C's off a cliff because they moved a guy when they plan to use 3 other guys to get more production. Same with the Pats, instead of using just Moss teams had to focus on 3-4 other guys. Ainge isn't going to leave a big hole in the middle and expect Shaq to carry the team to #18. He's either got a committment from Sheed already or he's going to find another big to go with Shaq and Krstic. What none of the experts see is the 6'9 SF they just got that give them more offense and defend the wings in the East. No one is worried about Howard...he's one C. Worry about Melo, Deng, LeBron and Kobe. Let all the pundits write off the C's. Sure the Thunder helped themselves but if they're looking for Perk to give them any offense down low they will be surprised. BTW, do the Thunder have a guy like KG playing next to Perk?? NO! Anyone know the C's record while Perk was out??

33-10 without Perk
    8-5  with Perk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perk is Randy Moss : 33-10 without Perk 8-5  with Perk
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Um yeah I think we'll be ok without Perk. If Perk really wanted to stay he should've signed the deal. He's risking going into FA when a lockout is looming. He was starting on a championship team. Miami will go hard after him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

From a personality standpoint, as a hardworker beloved by his teammates who shuns the spotlight Perk is NOTHING like Moss.

He is Welker... the guy returning early from a major knee injury who is a big part of the whole 'heart of champion' philosophy

Terrible analogy Bias

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perk is Randy Moss : Um yeah I think we'll be ok without Perk. If Perk really wanted to stay he should've signed the deal. He's risking going into FA when a lockout is looming. He was starting on a championship team. Miami will go hard after him.

so you mean he turned down 5.5-7.5 million from us b/c he feels and knows he will get 8-10 million just to turn around and take Miami's 5.5 million MLE offer?

Bias, I like this trade, but you really need to think things through.