Perk type players hurt NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Perk type players hurt NBA

I had a great time watching  Dallas out scoring OK 121 -112 in a high scoring fast paced game. Dallas was led by international sensation Dirk Nowitsky who scored 48 points on 12-15 shooting. Kevin Durant also played an outstanding game and pored in 40 points.

The only negative was Kendrick the thug Perkins.  Bad tempered Perkins was hit with a T only minutes into the game as he threw an elbow at Chandler head.Perkns displayed his usual bad temper through out the game and landed another elbow to the face of Marion sending the Dallas forward to the bench with a bloody nose.

Perkins should have been thrown out of the game,when he was called for a foul and made a threatening charge at the official who looked away and didn't see him.

The NBA dosn't need Perkins type players who have no game or hands. Players who cry ,elbow,and play dirty ball don't belong and actually bring down the NBA.
    Thank god Perkins dosn't play for the C's anymore,he did enough damage when he was here. Most pure old school fans despise players like Perk. Olds school fans want high scoring fast break style hoop,not slug fest slow down beat your man up thug ball.

The NBA also needs more players like Jose Barea . Jose scored 21 points in 16 minutes of action and proved 5-10 inch players can play in the NBA.

Jose has more heart and ability then allot of the typical 6-4 NBA SG's. Hopefully other NBA coaches and GM are watching Dallas win and will take a chance on future college players of smaller stature but superior talent.Barea played right up the street at North Eastern and Danny I like athletes only Ainge, never recruited him.Barea would have great in Green.

I hope Dallas wins the ring this year. Maybe other NBA teams will take heed and copy the format Dallas uses and bring back the high scoring ,offence orientated exciting team basketball.

I also would love to see Perkins and Perkins type players banned from the NBA.

Give me the old fast break old school game anyday,we don't need Perkins type thug ball,let the players play up tempo ball.

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Perk type players hurt NBA

In Response to Perk type players hurt NBA:
    I had a great time watching  Dallas out scoring OK 121 -112 in a high scoring fast paced game. Dallas was led by international sensation Dirk Nowitsky who scored 48 points on 12-15 shooting. Kevin Durant also played an outstanding game and pored in 40 points. The only negative was Kendrick the thug Perkins.  Bad tempered Perkins was hit with a T only minutes into the game as he threw an elbow at Chandler head.Perkns displayed his usual bad temper through out the game and landed another elbow to the face of Marion sending the Dallas forward to the bench with a bloody nose. Perkins should have been thrown out of the game,when he was called for a foul and made a threatening charge at the official who looked away and didn't see him. The NBA dosn't need Perkins type players who have no game or hands. Players who cry ,elbow,and play dirty ball don't belong and actually bring down the NBA. Thank god Perkins dosn't play for the C's anymore,he did enough damage when he was here. Most pure old school fans despise players like Perk. Olds school fans want high scoring fast break style hoop,not slug fest slow down beat your man up thug ball. The NBA also needs more players like Jose Barea . Jose scored 21 points in 16 minutes of action and proved 5-10 inch players can play in the NBA. Jose has more heart and ability then allot of the typical 6-4 NBA SG's. Hopefully other NBA coaches and GM are watching Dallas win and will take a chance on future college players of smaller stature but superior talent.Barea played right up the street at North Eastern and Danny I like athletes only Ainge, never recruited him.Barea would have great in Green. I hope Dallas wins the ring this year. Maybe other NBA teams will take heed and copy the format Dallas uses and bring back the high scoring ,offence orientated exciting team basketball. I also would love to see Perkins and Perkins type players banned from the NBA. Give me the old fast break old school game anyday,we don't need Perkins type thug ball,let the players play up tempo ball. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

You're half right.  I too like fast break B-ball, but you imply that it's only "offense oriented" -- whereas successul fast-break basketball -- as exemplified by the Russell/Auerbach and Cowens/Heinsohn C's -- were very much focused on defense.  Maybe Perk isn't the answer, but neither Cowens nor Russ were pansies.  The counter-example is Mike D'Antoni's Suns teams, which had an offense you would love, but were defensively clueless, and went nowhere.

(In fact, in the old days, ALL the good centers -- Russ, Wilt, Thurmond, Reed, Embry . . . played hard-nosed defense of the type you profess to hate. :-))

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

THE RACIST CAN'T EVEN SPELL DIRK'S NAME RIGHT

HAHAHAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA:
    THE RACIST CAN'T EVEN SPELL DIRK'S NAME RIGHT HAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by rameakap

I was just thinking that...  bet he wouldn't have posted this if Perk was white.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm sure he loves Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat, Nick Collison, Chris Anderson, Brad Miller, Joel Przybilla and all those white thugs:-)

You can prob make a longer list of white guys' like Perk' the NBA 'should ban' than black guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : I was just thinking that...  bet he wouldn't have posted this if Perk was white.
    Posted by MsLithium21

All I can say is when I look around the league I see at least two or three players of Perk's ilk on every roster.... completely unskilled players that used their bulk to initimidate players that can actually play... is this new?????  LMAO......  Perk is a dying breed but was bred by KG, the difference KG has skills to back it up.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Perk type players hurt NBA : You're half right.  I too like fast break B-ball, but you imply that it's only "offense oriented" -- whereas successul fast-break basketball -- as exemplified by the Russell/Auerbach and Cowens/Heinsohn C's -- were very much focused on defense.  Maybe Perk isn't the answer, but neither Cowens nor Russ were pansies.  The counter-example is Mike D'Antoni's Suns teams, which had an offense you would love, but were defensively clueless, and went nowhere. (In fact, in the old days, ALL the good centers -- Russ, Wilt, Thurmond, Reed, Embry . . . played hard-nosed defense of the type you profess to hate. :-))
    Posted by Number6Fan
    Hey

Hey number 1 fan,

I hope your not comparing Perk to Reed,Russel,Wilt,Thurman or Cowens?  All those guys can play ball and played tough but clean. They were not cry babies like Perk and they did not play dirty like Perk.

I have no problem with guys who can play both offense and defense.It clowns like Perk who are the problem.

Take care Run

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

THE RACIST CAN'T EVEN SPELL DIRK'S NAME RIGHT HAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by rameakap

It most kill you watching Dirk torch Perk and OK.

Sorrry for the typo on Dirks name.

Run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I had a great time watching  Dallas out scoring OK 121 -112 in a high scoring fast paced game. Dallas was led by international sensation Dirk Nowitsky who scored 48 points on 12-15 shooting. Kevin Durant also played an outstanding game and pored in 40 points. The only negative was Kendrick the thug Perkins.  Bad tempered Perkins was hit with a T only minutes into the game as he threw an elbow at Chandler head.Perkns displayed his usual bad temper through out the game and landed another elbow to the face of Marion sending the Dallas forward to the bench with a bloody nose. Perkins should have been thrown out of the game,when he was called for a foul and made a threatening charge at the official who looked away and didn't see him. The NBA dosn't need Perkins type players who have no game or hands. Players who cry ,elbow,and play dirty ball don't belong and actually bring down the NBA. Thank god Perkins dosn't play for the C's anymore,he did enough damage when he was here. Most pure old school fans despise players like Perk. Olds school fans want high scoring fast break style hoop,not slug fest slow down beat your man up thug ball. The NBA also needs more players like Jose Barea . Jose scored 21 points in 16 minutes of action and proved 5-10 inch players can play in the NBA. Jose has more heart and ability then allot of the typical 6-4 NBA SG's. Hopefully other NBA coaches and GM are watching Dallas win and will take a chance on future college players of smaller stature but superior talent.Barea played right up the street at North Eastern and Danny I like athletes only Ainge, never recruited him.Barea would have great in Green. I hope Dallas wins the ring this year. Maybe other NBA teams will take heed and copy the format Dallas uses and bring back the high scoring ,offence orientated exciting team basketball. I also would love to see Perkins and Perkins type players banned from the NBA. Give me the old fast break old school game anyday,we don't need Perkins type thug ball,let the players play up tempo ball. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

He goes by JJ, and played at Northeastern. You should know that that if you claim to be all knowledgable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : It most kill you watching Dirk torch Perk and OK. Sorrry for the typo on Dirks name. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

not at all

I am rooting for Dallas to win a title. I said back in 2002 I would rather have Dirk than Paul Pierce and haven't changed my mind since. I was a big supporter of the trade for Green as all here know.

It is just ignorant racist losers like you who crawl out of your sad lonely lives to make demeaning hit and run threads 1-2x a month simply to vent about 'old times', bother real Celtics fans and smear the name off actual human beings that 'kills me'.

you are disgusting and I pity you

take care

Ram

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by runrunandrun

Banned?What a tool you are old racist

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : All I can say is when I look around the league I see at least two or three players of Perk's ilk on every roster.... completely unskilled players that used their bulk to initimidate players that can actually play... is this new?????  LMAO......  Perk is a dying breed but was bred by KG, the difference KG has skills to back it up.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Another duecebag heard from

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

What this psychopath means by "Perk type players" is black players. 

It is sooo obvious that this guy is simply a bdc mod posing as a racist to stir the pot. If somebody this insane existed in real life he would be locked up somewhere by now. How long has this been going on? A couple of years? 

Pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

Posted by runrunandrun

Question: Did you complain about Perk's style and demeanor when he was a Celtic?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Perk type players hurt NBA : Question: Did you complain about Perk's style and demeanor when he was a Celtic?
    Posted by icnd

He did.  It is best to put him on ignore....i just laugh at the dribble he posts on here.  So sad that its funny!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

funny he's trying to make the racism subtle but just couldnt pull it off =))

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Watch women's basketball. This will resolve all your complaints. Now, leave us alone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Run, what did you think of Bill Laimbeer as a player?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im not sure why racism comes into this unless thats been Runs past history...

but a good part of what hes saying is true. Perk offers the minimum in way of skills, I cant argue on that issue.

Regarding Lambieer... he was a much dirtier player than Perk is, I dont even see the comparison.. However, Bill could play basketball on a much higher level than Perk, not even close

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : not at all I am rooting for Dallas to win a title. I said back in 2002 I would rather have Dirk than Paul Pierce and haven't changed my mind since. I was a big supporter of the trade for Green as all here know. It is just ignorant racist losers like you who crawl out of your sad lonely lives to make demeaning hit and run threads 1-2x a month simply to vent about 'old times', bother real Celtics fans and smear the name off actual human beings that 'kills me'. you are disgusting and I pity you take care Ram
    Posted by rameakap

I agree with you that I would really like to see Dallas win it all this year.  I really like Dirk, but Pierce is one of my favorite players on the Celtics and not sure that Dirk is better than Pierce.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

At  some  point, OKC  brass  will  be  scratching  their  head  and  asking, " What  are  we  paying  this  guy  9  mil  a  year for ? "  I  can  easily  see  a  very  different  scenario  where  Perkins  no  longer  is  in  the  league.  ( ie.  If  Perkins  had  been  drafted  by  someone  like  Golden  State  or  say  Milwaukee, he  never  would  have  been  surrounded  by  Hall  of  Famers  and  would  never  have  been  in  the  spotlight).  With  his  over-rated  post  defense, his  tendency  to  get  into  foul  trouble, his  mediocre  rebounding  and  his  cement  hands  offense, Perkins  probably  wouldn't  have  lasted  more  than  three  years  in  the  league.  He  has  to  be  the  luckiest  guy  in  the  league.  And  to  top  it  off, he  next  lands  with  another  very  talented  team  with  two  superstars  and  a  host  of  very  good  role  players.  Perkins  is  the  third  best  BIG  on  OKC  behind  Ibaka  and  Collison.  At  some  point, his  luck  will  run  out  and  he  will  be  exposed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : It most kill you watching Dirk torch Perk and OK. Sorrry for the typo on Dirks name. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Run,

You really need to start watching the Bruins.  I am a fan of all Boston sports and are very thankful that they are still in the playoffs.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

At  some  point, OKC  brass  will  be  scratching  their  head  and  asking, " What  are  we  paying  this  guy  9  mil  a  year for ? "  I  can  easily  see  a  very  different  scenario  where  Perkins  no  longer  is  in  the  league.  ( ie.  If  Perkins  had  been  drafted  by  someone  like  Golden  State  or  say  Milwaukee, he  never  would  have  been  surrounded  by  Hall  of  Famers  and  would  never  have  been  in  the  spotlight).  With  his  over-rated  post  defense, his  tendency  to  get  into  foul  trouble, his  mediocre  rebounding  and  his  cement  hands  offense, Perkins  probably  wouldn't  have  lasted  more  than  three  years  in  the  league.  He  has  to  be  the  luckiest  guy  in  the  league.  And  to  top  it  off, he  next  lands  with  another  very  talented  team  with  two  superstars  and  a  host  of  very  good  role  players.  Perkins  is  the  third  best  BIG  on  OKC  behind  Ibaka  and  Collison.  At  some  point, his  luck  will  run  out  and  he  will  be  exposed.
    Posted by zeitgeist49

I agree with you.  I appreciate what Perk provided to the Celtics but, even when he was here, I did not like his unnecessary demonstrative antics and the scowl when his play was so mediocre oftentimes.  I cringed every time he got the ball down low or attempted to set a high screen.  He was a Celtic and I wanted great things for him though, for the team.

However, he was always a player who thought he was much better than he was.  I think playing alongside the Big 4 and the association with greatness made him believe he was much better than he really was.

I think you are right that at some point, OKC will ask itself why they gave him the kind of money they gave him.  As tough as it was, the Celtics could see he was just not deserving of that type of money and cut their losses.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : I was just thinking that...  bet he wouldn't have posted this if Perk was white.
    Posted by MsLithium21
    whoa slow down gal.. where did he say anything about race in his entry? a perk-type player could be black, white, asian, muslim, jewish, male, female, gay or straight. i assume you checked out my article on the bruins forum about getting the hockey goons out. increasingly, perky is not much more than a basketball goon. his best play and contribution is chippiness meaning he deliberately hits other players AFTER the whistle and tries to force retaliation on star or better players like tyson chandler so that they can get in foul trouble or get booted by the refs. there will soon be a perk rule where his types get the boot immediately he pulls his usual "chippiness" . there really should be no place for it. unless of course its on our team and benefits only our team! check out the following article:

a very politically incorrect comment on perk from that story: Nobody like Perkins bc he is a crybaby girl that looks like he is always on his period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I know you like stirring the pot. But I'm going to asssume that you are unfamiliar with run. He is a massive racist. Every single one of his posts is some insane diatribe about how the Celtics don't have enough white players. Etc, etc

He is very disturbed. So yes, "Perk type player" is code for black people.

Sections
Shortcuts