Perk type players hurt NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Perk type players hurt NBA

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA:
    I know you like stirring the pot. But I'm going to asssume that you are unfamiliar with run. He is a massive racist. Every single one of his posts is some insane diatribe about how the Celtics don't have enough white players. Etc, etc He is very disturbed. So yes, "Perk type player" is code for black people.
    Posted by df2

So he'd probably have blamed Parish and Johnson for the losses in '85 and '87?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Back to Perk,,, I got a chuckle during last nights OKC/Dallas game 2 watching Perk.

He so wants to be an offensive force, one play he took a "jumper" from behind the FT line...

You can tell watching him that something gets into his head and says "Hey, im not respected on offense...all I do is stad around, set a few moving picks and watch the game... I got to show these people I can be da man too"

Then he took the ball from outside the FT line, made a hard drive to the right blocks and got stripped... LMAO.. like he had any prayer of getting off a shot.. when was the last time you saw Perk drive from that distance?? never.

Hes virtually useless on offense, worse than his days with the C's... and sometimes I think he realizes this and tries to make a hero play.

One last thing..watched him sit next to Westbrook during his meltdown in the 4th qtr last night and basically pulled away and offered nothing to calm the kid down... vet leadership

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Back to Perk,,, I got a chuckle during last nights OKC/Dallas game 2 watching Perk. He so wants to be an offensive force, one play he took a "jumper" from behind the FT line... You can tell watching him that something gets into his head and says "Hey, im not respected on offense...all I do is stad around, set a few moving picks and watch the game... I got to show these people I can be da man too" Then he took the ball from outside the FT line, made a hard drive to the right blocks and got stripped... LMAO.. like he had any prayer of getting off a shot.. when was the last time you saw Perk drive from that distance?? never. Hes virtually useless on offense, worse than his days with the C's... and sometimes I think he realizes this and tries to make a hero play. One last thing..watched him sit next to Westbrook during his meltdown in the 4th qtr last night and basically pulled away and offered nothing to calm the kid down... vet leadership
    Posted by Karllost

Simply as Mark Jackson said on the telecast last night......Dallas is not guarding Perkins. Again, look who was on the floor last night when OKC made their run. It still was the right thing to do not to over pay a 4 and 6 guy. We would have been saddled with that bad contract for years.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

LAMEbeer could shoot ,had a decent low post game for someone with absolutely no ups and was an amazingly good offensive rebounder...but was a dirty swine as a player..absolutely a pig, and he's lucky Larry Bird 's finger kept him from forming a fist, lmao.... But Perkins is a far better defender and rebounder than the LAME one, and plays hard and tough...he'd have fit right in on any of the great Celtics teams of the past...I kinda like his take no prisoners approach and I wish he was still a Celtic. If you don't like Perk, you must have loved Bob Kaufman and Ricky Mahorn when he was teamed with the LAME one, or as J Most used to call them "McFilthy and McNasty"
    Posted by jfaust1954

You made a bit of a stretch calling Perkins a better rebounder than Laimbeer. It is not even close. Laimbeer averaged over 10 rebounds per season 6 times. He even averaged over 13 one season. Perk has a career average of 6.2 rebounds and has never averaged over 10 per season.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : You made a bit of a stretch calling Perkins a better rebounder than Laimbeer. It is not even close. Laimbeer averaged over 10 rebounds per season 6 times. He even averaged over 13 one season. Perk has a career average of 6.2 rebounds and has never averaged over 10 per season.  
    Posted by calvinator

Several years ago Perk had a game with a stat line something like 29 points and 16 rebounds......on this board, those are his career numbers - not the numbers from his one and only career game.......

I am sure you remember all the "sky is the limit" comments on this board when Perk and Big Al were drafted.  I was lambasted for suggesting that Perk was a serviceable at best center and the LaMarcus Aldridge would be a much better player than Al Jefferson.

As soon as the Green jersey goes on all the warts dissolve, unless of course one can look at things objectively.

After 8 years in the league we can still read things on this board pretty regulary that Perk is some sort of perennial-all-star-low-post-defensive something or other.  Dwight Howard, who up until this year has had almost no offensive game, called Perk one of the best post defenders in the league - so the guy who is actually the best post defender in the league and who has had no offense called Perk one of the best defenders in the league.

I think it was earlier this week where I read a poster refer to Perk as an all-nba defensive player.

Some people are absolutely clueless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

LAMEbeer could shoot ,had a decent low post game for someone with absolutely no ups and was an amazingly good offensive rebounder...but was a dirty swine as a player..absolutely a pig, and he's lucky Larry Bird 's finger kept him from forming a fist, lmao.... But Perkins is a far better defender and rebounder than the LAME one, and plays hard and tough...he'd have fit right in on any of the great Celtics teams of the past...I kinda like his take no prisoners approach and I wish he was still a Celtic. If you don't like Perk, you must have loved Bob Kaufman and Ricky Mahorn when he was teamed with the LAME one, or as J Most used to call them "McFilthy and McNasty"
    Posted by jfaust1954

Laimbeer was 10x better player than Perk is just about every category.

Certinaly, Lam was a good offensive threat and could shoot the ball.. Perk doesnt come close to rebounding like Lam did, you need to check out the stats, its not even close.

..and when you talk about toughness and clearing out the paint... Lam was a serious contender and knocks more than a few heads spinning if you drove n there.,  I never rooted for the guy cause he was on the Pistons but shouldnt compare the two unless youre really high on something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I know you like stirring the pot. But I'm going to asssume that you are unfamiliar with run. He is a massive racist. Every single one of his posts is some insane diatribe about how the Celtics don't have enough white players. Etc, etc He is very disturbed. So yes, "Perk type player" is code for black people.
    Posted by df2

I agree with you about Run.  Most of his posts are related to the number of black players in the NBA and how they are ruining the league. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : Simply as Mark Jackson said on the telecast last night......Dallas is not guarding Perkins. Again, look who was on the floor last night when OKC made their run. It still was the right thing to do not to over pay a 4 and 6 guy. We would have been saddled with that bad contract for years.
    Posted by terrrapin

I have watched most of the games in the playoffs - I believe there have only been two players where announcers literally / specifically stated were not being guarded....... Perk and Rondo..... what a surprise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Run, what did you think of Bill Laimbeer as a player?
    Posted by RUWorthy

Hi Worthy

Laimbeer had game,the man could shoot  but I didn't like his flopps or dirty play and would not like him on the C's.

Have a great weekend
    Run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : Run, You really need to start watching the Bruins.  I am a fan of all Boston sports and are very thankful that they are still in the playoffs.  
    Posted by susan250

Susan

I hate hockey,too many white guys. Seriously I don't care for boxing .I mean hockey. Hockey would be a better sport if they made the goals wider,allowed off sides and stopped wearing helmets. 

have fun

Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : not at all I am rooting for Dallas to win a title. I said back in 2002 I would rather have Dirk than Paul Pierce and haven't changed my mind since. I was a big supporter of the trade for Green as all here know. It is just ignorant racist losers like you who crawl out of your sad lonely lives to make demeaning hit and run threads 1-2x a month simply to vent about 'old times', bother real Celtics fans and smear the name off actual human beings that 'kills me'. you are disgusting and I pity you take care Ram
    Posted by rameakap

Hey Ram

Please stop the name calling,I am far from a racist and you know it.

I voted for Obama,I have two best friends who are black,I am part black and I love hoop. I have two black employees.Wanting to see more white guys playing in the NBA is not racist.I also want to see more fast break old school hoop. Not the slow down beat your man up thug ball you seem to endorse. .

Peace
    Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

runrunrun is a Phoenix Suns fan with skin color issues. Ignore is the best setting to use with him, right along with dud and pud.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : Hey Ram Please stop the name calling,I am far from a racist and you know it. I voted for Obama,I have two best friends who are black,I am part black and I love hoop. I have two black employees.Wanting to see more white guys playing in the NBA is not racist.I also want to see more fast break old school hoop. Not the slow down beat your man up thug ball you seem to endorse. . Peace Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

you do pathetically claim these things on a faceless internet forum where they are unable to be proved.

Even if all those things are true. The comments you have made on this board over the years are 100% racist, and there is no denying THAT.

I go by what I see .

You are a racist.

I pity you.

Take care.

Ram

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Gotta love KFans!  They give Sainthood to their Heroes.

I recall fans saying that Perk was a walking Double/Doube.

Problem is that it takes him 2 or 3 games to get 10 Pts. and 10 Rebounds.  OOPS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : Several years ago Perk had a game with a stat line something like 29 points and 16 rebounds......on this board, those are his career numbers - not the numbers from his one and only career game....... I am sure you remember all the "sky is the limit" comments on this board when Perk and Big Al were drafted.  I was lambasted for suggesting that Perk was a serviceable at best center and the LaMarcus Aldridge would be a much better player than Al Jefferson. As soon as the Green jersey goes on all the warts dissolve, unless of course one can look at things objectively. After 8 years in the league we can still read things on this board pretty regulary that Perk is some sort of perennial-all-star-low-post-defensive something or other.  Dwight Howard, who up until this year has had almost no offensive game, called Perk one of the best post defenders in the league - so the guy who is actually the best post defender in the league and who has had no offense called Perk one of the best defenders in the league. I think it was earlier this week where I read a poster refer to Perk as an all-nba defensive player. Some people are absolutely clueless.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Al Jefferson is much better than Aldridge. If Rambus was not trying to be Phil-lite, he would have start Love and Jefferson and basically score at will in the post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Posted by df2

He basically stated he would like to ban all black players, not to classy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perk type players hurt NBA : Al Jefferson is much better than Aldridge. If Rambus was not trying to be Phil-lite, he would have start Love and Jefferson and basically score at will in the post.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

When you start your post with Al Jefferson is much better than Aldridge you pretty much lose all credibility and ensure that nothing that you write will be read by anyone whose IQ is above 19......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Loosen up. Perk's antics on court are for show only. Teammates and other players will testify that Perk is actually a warm and friendly guy off the court. The NBA is a show. It's all part of the entertainment.

Sections
Shortcuts