Perkins and Bynum Comparison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Perkins and Bynum Comparison

I thought I'd take a look at their young careers...Perk has been in the league for 7 years (starter for 5).....Bynum 5 years (starter for 4)

Career averages regular season

Perkins:

MPG  22.2
    PPG    6.4
    RPG    6.0
    BPG    1.4
    FGP   .564

Bynum

Career averages playoffs

Perkins

MPG  25.7
    PPG    6.9
    RPG    6.8
    BPG    .65
    FGP   .562

Bynum

Best Playoff Series

Perkins

PPG  11.9
    RPG  11.6
    BPG  2.64

Bynum

Bynum is a regular part of the offensive rotation....Perk is primarily a defender.....there is not much difference in their stats....in fact, Perkins' best playoff series is better than Bynum's....so why do all the Laker fans keep saying "wait until we get Bynum and his double/double potential back"? (by the way, he hasn't done it yet) ....while Perkins is considered an afterthought?

I don't get it.....thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Perkins and Bynum Comparison

Bynum has always been hyped.  He has skills for certain but even when he isn't sitting on the bench in street clothes he isn't a game changer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

he is hyped cause of the huge contract extension he got. but the guy can't stay healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Perkins and Bynum Comparison:
    [QUOTE]I thought I'd take a look at their young careers...Perk has been in the league for 7 years (starter for 5).....Bynum 5 years (starter for 4) Career averages regular season Perkins: MPG  22.2 PPG    6.4 RPG    6.0 BPG    1.4 FGP   .564 Bynum 23.6 10.3 6.7 1.5 .568 Career averages playoffs Perkins MPG  25.7 PPG    6.9 RPG    6.8 BPG    .65 FGP   .562 Bynum 19.6 9.0 5.2 1.13 .500 Best Playoff Series Perkins PPG  11.9 RPG  11.6 BPG  2.64 Bynum 8.6 6.9 1.56 Bynum is a regular part of the offensive rotation....Perk is primarily a defender.....there is not much difference in their stats....in fact, Perkins' best playoff series is better than Bynum,s....so why do all the Laker fans keep saying wait until we get Bynum and his double/double potential back? ( he has never done this yet in his career) ....yet Perkins is considered an afterthought? I don't get it.....thoughts?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

With Bynum's great numbers the Lakers may be able to trade him for a top 3 PG in the league in Chris Paul.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Teams from L.A and N.Y tend to get a lot of hype. Bynum is a good offensive player but not much on D. Perk is the opposite. Actually Perk is a better defender than Bynum is an offensive player. Both are adequate rebounders. Neither will ever be a top 10 NBA rebounder.
        Given the fact that the C's are a defensive oriented team, I'd prefer to have Perk with the C's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Greg Oden got a lot of hype too - maybe someday he'll actually play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins and Bynum Comparison:
    [QUOTE]Greg Oden got a lot of hype too - maybe someday he'll actually play.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

That's because Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum are relatives, knee-wise. They're descendants of the great Sam Bowie.