Perkins, chemistry, really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Perkins, chemistry, really?

Why do we continue to over evaluate players who aren't here. You would think this guy was the next Bill Russell. But regardless of what skills he really had, how can a guy who played in 12 games effect team chemistry? Actually, you could give a compelling argument the team started to go south when Perk first came back. They were playing their best ball with Shaq as the starting center and Semi and BB as back-ups. So if there is chemistry issues the facts say it's because Shaq is out not Perkins. Plus what was Danny to do?  Perk was gone at the end of the year and the bench was obsolete.  We now have a nucleus of players who will eventually help this team...As long as Doc let's them.

So does anyone know how I can get on the A list for Perkins induction into the hall of fame? I would really like to go. I would also like to go to the moon, but the odds are against both ever happening.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Perkins, chemistry, really?

oh, you just don't understand.  i guess this team was a family.  even though pukins was the weakest link with the moving picks, ref yappering, lost layups, bumbled passes and other turnovers- perk was legend here.  he was the meaty pulp inside the team's nuts that made everything tick.

ain't it hilarious how PLAYERS play the "it's a business card" as they leave town for lucrative deals (now more than ever in the free agency / too high salary cap days we find ourselves in) but when a TEAM makes a move to get something out of a player that they know is leaving town anyway- then the TEAM IS BAD.

it's a bit of hypocrisy that doesn't stick to the wall for me.  perkins got THIRTY WHAT million dollars?  he wasn't worth that to any objective fan in the nba.  people (celticsmembers) should be HAPPY FOR HIM and move on. 

i mean we're talking about a guy who couldn't shoot, move his feet, use his hands much, average to below average rebounder- all he did was push people around- and THIS TEAM CAN RECOVER FROM LOSING ONE GUY WHO DID ONE THING WELL!

i'm waiting for someone to take up a PHD level study of cost / benefit analysis of perkins on this team during his "heyday" LOL.  did perkins cost more with the total loss of referee credibility than all of the "good" things that he did?  i think there's a case to be made that it was extremely close.  the guy was a moron with the verbal abuse of the refs- it cost the whole team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins, chemistry, really?:
    No he's not even a shadow of Russell but our chemistry has suffered with his departure and that is a fact. A big example was Kwame Brown Geting 12 pts. in last nights game. Question would he even have 2 pts. with Perk there????? So do the Math.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

I have not done the math yet but I think that they had the best defense in the league before Perkins even played one game.

Then he came back and was his usual irrelevant self on the offensive end.

Now that he is gone, their defense is just as good - they don't give up very many points at all.

The offense is absolutely pathetic.... in the last 15 games Rondo has shot it at 37% (one of the best shooters in the league - lmao), 8 ppg, 9 apg, takes and makes no 3s, takes and makes almost no foul shots.

Somehow people like you want to blame the departure of Perk, a complete nonfactor on offense (and overrated on the defensive end), on the complete evaporation of the offense.........  let's see if I score 99 normally and Perk has not been there most of the time anyway and now I can barely score 85, somehow it is the fact that the complete nonfactor on offense has left the team....

Maybe it is because the coach asked the point guard to go to the rim more often, get to the line more often, and take more of the uncontested gifts provided by his oppponents and um like you know..... he has been a complete failure......

Let's try to let the unmatched memories of stone hands / Hakeem / Kareem / Patrick / Dwight distort the actual real problems with the team right now.

Just about every night Pierce is outplayed and has horrible shooting nights, people like to talk about how KG is a low post monster - he is and always has been a 2 in 4 body - he is a jump shooter who pounds his chest when he makes a 15 foot jumpshot and then calls everyone an mf..... Pierce, KG, and Ray have to chase younger more athletic players all night, then when it comes time to make critical jumpers (because the point guard is a complete nonfactor in the offense) they are exhausted and guess what.... don't make shots.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Rondo needs to get his head out of his butt and play like the man he should be!  As Rondo goes...the Celtics go! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

No he's not even a shadow of Russell but our chemistry has suffered with his departure and that is a fact. A big example was Kwame Brown Geting 12 pts. in last nights game. Question would he even have 2 pts. with Perk there????? So do the Math.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

The math says 12 GAMES! O'neal played in three times as many games this year as Perk did. So explain the chemistry again, how does his 12 games effect it? You're all reaching for something that just isn't there. Everyone always wants to throw something at the wall to see what sticks. Two weeks ago it was the best trade ever, "Danny should go to jail for stealing" I remember them all. But because this team isn't playing well it must be due to the love of Perk. Stop over evaluating ok players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

It's not about offense or defense it's CHEMISTRY. Look for the definition.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Nobody in the league can spell nor pass the class.... it does not seem to have hurt the Heat - I think there are about 4 guys on the roster from last year and they are a half game behind the Cs and oh by the way, chemistry did not seem to be a problem when they had the best record in the east for about the first 45 games or so...........

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Posted by RicoCeltic

Irrelevant.  How many points would Brown score with Shaq on him?  That is the question.  Shaquille O'Neal is our starting center, until we here he is done for the year.  And, by the way, if we was done for the year, and Danny knew it, he would not have traded Perk.

We have let up 90 and 83 points in our last two games.  The problem is offense - something PERK did not have.  Your entire argument is flawed!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins, chemistry, really? : Irrelevant.  How many points would Brown score with Shaq on him?  That is the question.  Shaquille O'Neal is our starting center, until we here he is done for the year.  And, by the way, if we was done for the year, and Danny knew it, he would not have traded Perk. We have let up 90 and 83 points in our last two games.  The problem is offense - something PERK did not have.  Your entire argument is flawed!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Could not agree more..... the offense has been pathetic.....

The only need for Perk or Shaq for that matter is to get Howard and or Noah into foul trouble and make Orlando and Chicago execute their offense without the big guy in the middle.

Let me know how this analogy works....

Brady says well before we traded Wilfork our offense was scoring 30 points per game but since the trade we can only score 20 points per game.... before we traded big Vince we gave up 23 ppg now we give up 22 points per game.....

so someone that missed almost the entire season, played in 12 games I think, is the cause of their complete futility on offense......

of course it could not be the point guard that is shooting it at 37% from the field in the last 15 games, 8 points, 9 assists, zero % from 3, and only two games where he shot more than 50% from the line and in many of those games he shot 0% which means he either missed every one he took or did not take any.......his coach says get to the rim, go to the line, and take and make uncontested jumpers - ummmmm he can't.... must be Perk's fault.

One can always count on the unprepared national guys to say stuff like (think Hubie Brown)..."well you can always count on Rondo shooting a very high percentage if Pierce, or KG, or Allen are having off nights, Rondo is one of the only point guards that we have in this league that shoots it at over 50%"... hey Hubie, he is like Perkins if it is not a dunk, it ain't going in.... so stop with the looking at the shooting percentage nonsense and accept that he is very simply the worst shooter in the league and now that his coach has asked him to do it, he has finally shown it....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins, chemistry, really? : Ok I respect your opinion but will let it go because you will not convince me it's not chemistry and I sure won't convince you. So it's chemistry for me after seeing what is going on with this team after the trade and it's I still don't know for you. In the end it's all about banner 18 and nothing else.

Posted by RicoCeltic

Wait... I didn't say it had nothing to do with chemistry, just not due to a guy who played in 12 games.  Shaq and Q (both due to no ones fault) have hurt some with chemistry.

Sections
Shortcuts